[TUT] Essential Settings to Set, please set

Looking for Resources for your mod/project? Want to share some of your creations so others can use them? Post them here!
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[TUT] Essential Settings to Set, please set

Post by Combinebobnt » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:10 am

Welcome. Bob today is here to give you a very good notice (tutorial?) that will change your doom career if you didn't already know. I already changed somebody's life (X 2), so time to share with everybody. Open up your zandronum and press tilde ~~~~ or whatever for console, and follow these instructions.
  • type cl_ticsperupdate 1
    if it was 2 or ....3....., this is going to change your online experience forever.
That's pretty much it.

Here's some other things, not essential, that you might want. ok anything else i forgot

stradex
Forum Regular
Clan: IoP

Re: [TUT] Essential Settings to Set, please set

Post by stradex » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:16 am

KS told me that trick weeks ago, and yeah it's great. Recommended 150/100, thanks for that now I'm a good player... well, not good really but I can shoot properly now... well, I can't shoot properly but It looks amazing.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:56 pm

fov 120 best fov
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

FascistCat

Post by FascistCat » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:20 pm

7/5

Things become pretty smooth when this is activated. Not that it improves your connection a lot if you are already playing with 200+ ping but it smoothens things A LOT. You can also notice who is using tpu 1 vs tpu 3 if you spy them online (those with tpu3 will appear like they are skipping a lot of frames and tpu1 will show smooth movements).

@Bob: I knew about this long before. If I had only shared it then I would be so more popular than you #nojelly.