Resource Section Rules [Please Read!!]

Looking for Resources for your mod/project? Want to share some of your creations so others can use them? Post them here!
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Resource Section Rules [Please Read!!]

Post by mifu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:28 am

Hello fellow Zandronumers

Welcome to the Resource section of the Modding domain! This is where you can share your resources with everyone so they can use them in their own projects!

Pretty cool if you ask me, however for this to work there's some rules that need to be followed, which I'll get a summarized version up on the rules section of the forum soon.

What counts as a resource and can I post it here?

Resources are essentially... anything. Textures, Graphics, Sprites, snippets of code, music, sound, you name it! Even tutorials or information/how-to's are also a good resource.

They can be posted in here but first you will need to check a few things.
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If all 3 check out to be no, then you probably want to not post it here. Make sure you obtain permission to post other peoples work first and do not take full credit for it if its not yours.

Are we allowed to post different resources in a single thread?
As long as they are all related to the resource posted originally. eg: sprites to match that decorate code.

Can we ask for requests?
Yes you can. When you do you will need to make sure the prefix is set to Request so we can find them. Note that anyone here who makes these things do so in their own time, and they don't get paid for it. They have every right to refuse to make your request happen. If you are also going to be a douche about it as well then you will find not many people will want to help you.

Basically stay civil and don't expect anything and things will get done :) (unless you offer them money)

Posting Guidelines
Im lazy so im just going to x-post from zdoom here.
Please follow these guidelines before posting a Resource
  • Please include a tag in your topic title. While tags aren't officially supported, they're very good for quickly searching for resources. A tag is simply a word in square parenthesis like

Code: Select all

. Also known as a prefix.
    [*]Also in the topic title be as clear as you can on what the resource is. "A new plasma weapon" is a good title. "Omg check this rip yo" is a bad title.
    [*]In the first post of your topic you should describe what your resource is, and provide screenshots where applicable. This is very important. No one will want them if you don't provide a screenshot, just like a project really.
    [*]Post a link to your resource that is permanent! This is important because archived resources will not be of any use if people cannot get access to the files, and most likely will come after you if they want to use it. If you don't have one, don't be shy to ask. In other words, sites like Megaupload, Rapidshare, Mediafire, and the like will delete your files or otherwise restrict access after a certain number of days or downloads - try something else like Dropbox or Copy that allow you to store files permanently.
    [*]We really would prefer it if you would give credit where credit is due.
    [*]Keep your first post updated. If you make any updates to your resource, be sure to edit your first post and update any information and links. People don't want to have to search through pages to find an updated link.
    [*]If you want credit for your resource, or want to enforce any other usages rules such as (ask for permission), please state this in the first post of the topic AND in the .txt file if you're including one. I recommend you do.[/quote][/list]

[size=140][b]List of prefixes[/b][/size]

Here are the prefixes/tags supported at the moment. We decided to group up resources, as follows.

[b][color=#CCCC00][GFX][/color][/b] - Anything graphic like textures, sprites and other graphics
    [b][color=#33CC33][AUDIO][/color][/b] - Sounds and music (this also includes trackers and console music etc)
    [b][color=#BFBFBF][CODE][/color][/b] - Code snippets like DECORATE and ACS.
    [b][color=#D685FF][TUT][/color][/b] - Tutorials and how to guides etc
    [b][color=#66CCFF][COLL][/color][/b] - A Collection of resources done by one author and one author alone. To use this tag your resources must be entirely made by you. Preferred if you just want to make a list of all the resources you made to share with everyone
    [b][color=#CC2900][REQ][/color][/b] - Use this tag to request something to be made.

And with that said, I say let there be resources!
Last edited by mifu on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

agaures
Forum Regular

RE: Resource Section Rules [Please Read!!]

Post by agaures » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:50 am

How about a person making one thread listing all their resources like over at zdoom forums.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

mifu

Post by mifu » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:52 am

Hmm, we are gonna need another prefix it seems. give me a min.

mifu

Post by mifu » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:51 am

Added 2 more prefixes and now allowing requests. Have a nice day