Some Presidential Fonts [Update 05/10/2017]

Looking for Resources for your mod/project? Want to share some of your creations so others can use them? Post them here!
President People
Forum Regular

Some Presidential Fonts [Update 05/10/2017]

Post by President People » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:04 am

(Guess I'll be the first to make a topic here. Assuming this is anything like Zdoom's Resources Subforum, its rules would probably be good guidelines to follow here as well.)

Hi, I made some font stuff. Feel free to add them to your stuff. Credit is appreciated, but not necessary. If my humble contributions came in handy, though, I'd love to know.

Fills out Heretic's and HeXen's fonts with a slew of additional characters. This was my first time working with fonts, and I went a little overboard on the extraneous symbols. I'm not sure if all of them even work under normal circumstances.

Also included as separate downloads are higher resolution versions based on HeXen's "High Detail" mode, an option that seems to have been available only in the native version. It looked better than Zdoom's "High Quality Resize" mode, I tell ya what.

Also, while I only added a few characters to the mix, Raven's smallfont characters play a bit nicer with border text colors now.

Download - Heretic [High Detail]
Download - HeXen [High Detail]
[spoiler]Bigfont - Normal/High Detail:
Image       Image

Smallfont - Normal/High Detail:
Image       Image

Image[/spoiler]

My first full-fledged font. It really shows, but serves its purpose! Inspired by the one seen in Push's M_DOOM graphic by MrSetharoo and smoke_fumus. Thanks go out to the guys at #Anakeion for their input throughout the font's creation.

EDIT: Turns out the original logo was based on the NERO font. Knew it seemed familiar!

I kind of cheated on some of the smallfont's capital letters by using the hires folder. No guarantees they'll look good at very low screen resolutions.

Download v2 (lower-case added to bigfont)
[spoiler]Bigfont:

Smallfont:
Image[/spoiler]

Marathon was one of the more popular games of its time that used Modula Tall for its title graphic. This particular variant is based on the Marapfhont by Tim Larson a.k.a. ChristTrekker, which features a set of lower-case characters intended to keep the Marathon "feel" where the original did not.

NOTE: By default, this font is way too tall for Doom's menus, so a lot of lines will overlap a bit. I find it still readable for the most part, but it's a caveat that should be noted. Player chat is free from this issue, however.

Download
[spoiler]Bigfont:

Smallfont:
Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by President People on Wed May 10, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
***MARATHON SKINS PACK V1.0.7***

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh.
I have been called a hundred names and will be called
a thousand more before the world goes dim and cold.

agaures
Forum Regular

RE: Some Presidential Fonts

Post by agaures » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:05 am

Hot stuff.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

President People
Forum Regular

RE: Some Presidential Fonts

Post by President People » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 am

Small update. Push/Off has a set of lower-case characters now.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

President People
Forum Regular

Re: Some Presidential Fonts [Update 05/10/2017]

Post by President People » Wed May 10, 2017 8:03 pm

I've been sitting on this one awhile. Marathon font added, along with some titles that double as a preview.