Pussy block

Discuss IRC operations here.

Moderator: Wiki Maintainer

Tux
Forum Regular

Pussy block

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 pm

Apparently, due to some silly PG-13 limitations, you're not allowed to name yourself pussy, but stuff like "shit", "slut", "bitch", "rape" and most importantly "nigg" is allowed. Why is that? To be coherent, either fasten the limitations or just remove them.
Spoiler: names I've tested so far (Open)
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Pussy block

Post by one_Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:18 pm

Yeah what is the point of that.. so easy to make you name look like BANANER if you wanted like c_unt, I can only assume it's an oversight...

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:21 pm

one_Two wrote: Yeah what is the point of that.. so easy to make you name look like BANANER if you wanted like c_unt, I can only assume it's an oversight...

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 pm

A better question is: Why does it matter?

You can't really expect an IRCop to sit there for hours thinking of all the naughty words to blacklist. So they probably just went with George Carlin's 7 dirty words.
Last edited by Ænima on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:12 pm

Ænima wrote: A better question is: Why does it matter?

You can't really expect an IRCop to sit there for hours thinking of all the naughty words to blacklist. So they probably just went with George Carlin's 7 dirty words.
Exactly, unban them all, don't treat us like children let us have the name nig_pussy if we want

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:25 pm

one_Two wrote: don't treat us like children
That seems fair enough, but ...
one_Two wrote: let us have the name nig_pussy if we want
Someone who is truly grown-up wouldn't want such a name. By trying to make that your name, you are demonstrating that you need to be treated like a child.
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:29 pm

I was being sarcastic, I should have known better.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:57 pm

great thread tux you really are an indispensible member of the community

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:58 pm

doom is a m for mature game so

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Decay wrote: You should rename yourself "Dipshit" and keep it that way because it'll be the most accurate description of yourself you'll ever get.
well, that saddens me, because I have never done anything to hurt you and you do such stuff like a heartless shrew! could you elaborate why do you have such a bad opinion on me, Decay? if you could, of course, because I'm a human being and want to improve all the time. or was it just another rant, since you're a fan of these? should I not care at all? Decay, you made me want to hear all the stuff you have on your mind, even if it may hurt me or others, but trust me, once you get it all out, it's going to be much better, because you seem like a frustrated, sad dude calling everyone names and not seeing the end of your own anger. please take note that I'm not trying to actively or passively offend you, I just want to know the reasoning you're following, because despite all the grief I know somewhere inside you resides a good guy who cares about others and doesn't let his rage overtake himself!
Marcaek wrote: great thread tux you really are an indispensible member of the community
thank you I'm trying to improve the irc experience for everyone it's such a nice place :)
Ænima wrote: A better question is: Why does it matter?

exactly, that's why it's better to just unban them all instead of nitpicking every could-be offensive nickname :/
Last edited by Tux on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:59 am

Empyre wrote:
one_Two wrote: don't treat us like children
That seems fair enough, but ...
one_Two wrote: let us have the name nig_pussy if we want
Someone who is truly grown-up wouldn't want such a name. By trying to make that your name, you are demonstrating that you need to be treated like a child.
He has a point despite how I can see you don't agree with it. I believe it's the freedom to choose whether you want to out yourself as a malignant character is his point, and that the rules are arbitrary in how it's being enforced. It seems to be a problem here and that's consistency is at a premium.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:57 am

Relax Tux, Decay is just the guy that loves to put fire into the woods...
On a serious note, the system is good, it's blocking newbies that wants to be feeded like the last cookie in the pot to join.
:qualityposter:
Mobius wrote: He has a point despite how I can see you don't agree with it. I believe it's the freedom to choose whether you want to out yourself as a malignant character is his point, and that the rules are arbitrary in how it's being enforced. It seems to be a problem here and that's consistency is at a premium.
Freedom is just a imaginary thing, I can talk any shit that I want here, but someone else will also have the freedom to delete this post.
Last edited by ibm5155 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:43 am

ibm5155 wrote: Freedom is just a imaginary thing, I can talk any shit that I want here, but someone else will also have the freedom to delete this post.
That wasn't the point of the post.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:46 am

The fact this thread isn't about a literal block of pussy disappoints me

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:45 am

If someone has a name that is explicit/offensive and it gets reported to an IRCop, there's a high chance that you'll be asked to change it or you'll get removed, it's up to discretion of the IRCop.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day