IRC maintenance Dec 30, 2014

Discuss IRC operations here.

Moderator: Wiki Maintainer

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

IRC maintenance Dec 30, 2014

Post by Konar6 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Before we meet 2015, a server maintenance and InspIRCd update is scheduled on Tuesday, Dec 30, 2014, between 11:00 and 14:00 GMT (6:00AM - 9:00AM EST).

Our IRC network will be down in this time window. Thank you for understanding.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Konar6
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: IRC maintenance Dec 30, 2014

Post by Konar6 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:27 pm

Update: The network is partially online; unfortunately we are dealing with a hardware issue on one of our servers, which extended the maintenance window. Apologies if you still have problems connecting, this should be resolved shortly.

Two notable new features include a /CHANGECAP command that allows channel ops to change the capitalization of their channel's name, and a new G: extban to ban countries based on their 2 letter code.

Be sure to check/fix your channel modes.
You may see multiple ChanServs in some channels; don't mind those, they're temporarily guarding modes in all registered channels.

And happy new year to all!
Last edited by Konar6 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic