Banned? What for?

Discuss IRC operations here.

Moderator: Wiki Maintainer

Painkiller
New User

Banned? What for?

Post by Painkiller » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:34 pm

Is there any reasonable explanation, why I was banned? The reason stated is ban evading, but I wasn't banned from IRC before, so there was no ban to evade (even if i could). I rmmbr that some of you called ZD folks pretty much totalitarian. Guess it's time to give it a second thought :)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Banned? What for?

Post by Ænima » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:48 pm

Painkiller wrote: Is there any reasonable explanation, why I was banned? The reason stated is ban evading, but I wasn't banned from IRC before, so there was no ban to evade (even if i could). I rmmbr that some of you called ZD folks pretty much totalitarian. Guess it's time to give it a second thought :)
Dude chill out. You got caught in a range ban. How does that make the admins "totalitarian"? It's an accident and I'm sure it will be quickly fixed.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:49 pm

[quote=Painkiller]I rmmbr that some of you called ZD folks pretty much totalitarian. Guess it's time to give it a second thought :) [/quote]

Orrrr maybe you're caught in a ban range by accident? Way to overreact.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Rofl, what a troll.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Owned.

inb4 "no! it wasn't me! my brother did it!"

ZandroSkins

Painkiller
New User

Post by Painkiller » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:09 pm

well, I prefer when I get answered, while tlking to someone, don't you? the d00d showed no response, so I just fl00ded the area assuming he's afk anywayz. so harrasment doesn't fit here at all.

BTW, Konar, you've responded so fast here, demonstrating your authority, but failed to respond on PM, which was sent a day ago. Something is wrong here..
Last edited by Painkiller on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:18 pm

Spamming is never okay, even if the person is "AFK anyways".

ZandroSkins

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Painkiller wrote:so I just fl00ded the area assuming he's afk anywayz. so harrasment doesn't fit here at all.
So you admit you harassed him thinking he was AFK and are saying it wasn't harassment?
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Metal

Post by Metal » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:19 pm

This isn't just a range ban. I can tell because you were in #zandronum and #grandvoid last night typing the exact same way. So that's out of the equation.

You were warned multiple times by Konar not to insult other players in game, including a 1 day ban which you evaded. You then proceeded to come on IRC uttering death threats to Konar via PM, and entering #zandronum and #grandvoid demanding to be unbanned or you would "troll".

I suggest you curve your behavior before your ban expires.

Here is the proof. (I won't paste your IP publicly but all of this is from your direct IP, not just the range)
<Guest18030> u SLUTFAG I WISH U DIE FROM SNAKE POISON
<Guest18030> EUROPEAN MORON
<Guest18030> BE AWARE OF GOING TO SLEEP TONIGHT - U MAY NOT AWAKE TOMMOROW
<Guest18030> MOMMY'S WHINER
<Guest87171> HEY BITCH, LIS'N TO ME. U'LL SUFFER AND DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH
#zandronum: <Guest87171> where's that konar6 whining bitch i hate him so much an wish him a soon death from palestinian terrorist
This is unacceptable. Your ban was originally for one day and you decided to persist with this attitude. Did you really think that this was going to help your case? There's no point in answering because it didn't. Now you're coming on the forums, playing the innocent guy.

Your ban is not up for discussion or appeal.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

legion

Post by legion » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:20 pm

if you are expecting human beings to constantly hawk irc for private messages and never do anything else then perhaps you have them mistaken for robots

harassing admins and staff is a major infraction, no matter the context. if you want to get their attention, the irc staff channel exists, and for server side issues, contacting the admins of that particular server set is very possible

what you did was the exact definition of harassment, sorry

Painkiller
New User

Post by Painkiller » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:09 am

Well, since there was no reaction from the other side or sorta, I refuse to admit, it was harassment. Anyways, it doesn't matter, what it was, since I received no response. Nor the response on forum PM. That only prooves, that each word stated, was correct. Thus, I'm not going to bother myself tlking with a bunch of whining pussycats and crybabies. "Oh no! He insulted me, I'm going to tell my mommy *CRYING*" lol, kindergarten.
Last edited by Painkiller on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:32 am

Well, since there was no reaction from the other side or sorta, I refuse to admit, it was harassment.
You might refuse to admit it, but that doesn't change what it is.
Anyways, it doesn't matter, what it was, since I received no response. Nor the response on forum PM. That only prooves, that each word stated, was correct.
what the hell kind of logic even is this
Thus, I'm not going to bother myself tlking with a bunch of whining pussycats and crybabies. "Oh no! He insulted me, I'm going to tell my mommy *CRYING*" lol, kindergarten.
And you're wondering what you were banned for?
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Minigunner

Post by Minigunner » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:44 am

Painkiller wrote:Thus, I'm not going to bother myself tlking with a bunch of whining pussycats and crybabies
I think this constitutes as an "I'm leaving" post. Goodbye.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

SyKoTiC
Forum Regular

Post by SyKoTiC » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:44 am

What is even the purpose to this whole "why me banned" topic. The things you done are obviously ban worthy. Either you are that dumb, or butthurt.
Painkiller wrote:"Oh no! He insulted me, I'm going to tell my mommy *CRYING*" lol, kindergarten.
I don't even.
Last edited by SyKoTiC on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being part of this DooM/Port madness since 2006
It's No Use!

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:16 am

In all honesty, you should be banned from the forums for causing unneeded attention to a fair ban and acting like a innocent peep like it was the admin's fault. And then calling the admins totalitarians like ZD admins.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:27 am

Painkiller wrote: "Oh no! He insulted me, I'm going to tell my mommy *CRYING*" lol, kindergarten.
"Oh no! He banned me, I'm going to tell his homeland *CRYING*"
Never change, Zanzan, never change...
Also, I like how he lost all sympathy as soon as someone with authority spoke.
Last edited by CloudFlash on Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://i.imgflip.com/i5tpe.jpg
*Hey, who wants to hear my solution to the modern world's problems? ^Me! %Me! @Me! #Me! *WELL TOO BAD @Did he just stab himself with this butcher knife? %Looks like it ^Hey, the pizza guy arrived! %Pizza! Yey

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:40 am

You sound unsettlingly like Kal foxis did before he was banned

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 am

He also behave like that in-game, though not to the same extent.
This childish behaviour reminds me of something that happened a while ago, he gave me an idea for something and I was working on it and I was taking it slow to make sure not to ruin it halfway and he kept telling me to get my ass moving and that I was not good enough to make it, though giving him the project didn't seem to make any progress whatsoever.
Why I posted this? Just to let you know his logic is insane if you didn't guess it already, he isn't just childish, he is twisted in the way he thinks.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:10 am

I don't know what's there to reply to "u SLUTFAG I WISH U DIE FROM SNAKE POISON"? That does not constitute a reply-worthy query in my eyes and I simply ignore such random attacks. If you were raised to approach people this way, then I may have some bad news for you.
For 3 days, you continued spamming my PM in the same tone and you spreaded your "wisdom" to #zandronum as well, for what you were warned and then glined for 1month, as per our guidelines.

You then proceeded to play innocent on another place, the forum, to get your comfort from unsuspecting players, but as it turns out, it didn't help your case at all. This all for an original 24hours ban on AOW.

In this part, I would have suggested to contact a higher up if you believe that you have been mistreated, but Metal already stated her conclusions above, which renders further discussion about the validity of your ban purposeless and possibly drama inducing. For this reason I will be locking the thread.

Allow me a personal insertion. As you sound like you are leaving Zandergarten, then it's adiós to you and mind the step on the way out.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic