falsely banned new user to irc

Discuss IRC operations here.

Moderator: Wiki Maintainer

Gearhead989

falsely banned new user to irc

Post by Gearhead989 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi I was trying to register today on irc, for some reason I was being told my ip reach was weird or something I can't remember I'm competely new to this hole thing if I could get reply quickly I be so happy, I honestly have no clue who banned me or why, all I know is I was banned while trying to register, all I really wanted was host a sever and play games with people.

Gearhead989

RE: falsely banned new user to irc

Post by Gearhead989 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:46 pm

Well thanks everyone for being so helpful, I basically fix the issue myself and figure how to host a myself honestly this waste of time posting on here.

darkstar64
Forum Regular

Post by darkstar64 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Good job for being patient. Not everyone who can help you can be online at your earliest convenience.
Hypnotoad wrote:
That's a pony? I pegged him for some kind of skunk furry.

Gearhead989

Post by Gearhead989 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Sorry, really I came off as a jerk, but I just hate using forms because no one ever reply's to my question or when i'm in need so I just didn't want to put up with waiting for someone who isn't going to come. I mean if I can solve my own issues faster than the people who are behind the big stuff, then I don't see why I shouldn't be mad because on steam forms I get repliy's way faster and people are always nice and helpful, with all the doom forms I have used no one has been helpful at all.

Gearhead989

Post by Gearhead989 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:27 pm

Damn that gorilla, making me smile and putting my good mood feel on. But I am sorry, I guess i'm just used to steam and how they reply so quickly I also had bad experience with doom world forms and I didn't want to have another one of those. Honestly I love zandorm and players on it plus yesterday I got some bad news about my friend dying from cancer and it put me in huge pissy mood. Thank you for cheering me up I love that gorilla always makes me smile.

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Qent » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:28 pm

I'm sorry, but around here there are only a few people administrating IRC in their free time, so you might have to be a little bit patient.

Gearhead989

Post by Gearhead989 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:31 pm

It's okay I honestly don't mind thank you all so much for being so nice and cheering me up, I hope to become a regular around here, I don't really need help now though I figure out how to use hamchi, the only issue i'm having now is the wad site doesn't have the wad I need for my sever they have one like it but that one doesn't work.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:01 am

Another thing you have to understand is this:

Steam playerbase: 3,000,000 players

Doom playerbase: barely 1,000

The reason you probably get a reply on the Steam forums right away is because there's a ton more people, and therefore the chances of your thread being seen and replied to are much greater than in a small community like us.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Metal

Post by Metal » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 am

Your IP is ZLined. That doesn't mean your banned 'for no reason'. It means the IRC network registered your IP as a spam bot and banned it.
A Z-line or zap line (also written Z:line) is similar to a K-line, but applied to a client's IP address range, and is considered to be used in extreme cases.
-mancubus.zandronum.com- *** XLINE: Removing expired Z-Line 108.197.123.0/24 (set by spectre.zandronum.com 3698 seconds ago)
It says it is expired here. So if it still doesn't work you will have to wait for an IRC operator to remove the zline from your IP. You can contact an IRC operator on the forums by clicking on someone with a brown name or check here for IRC operators that you can private message.
Last edited by Metal on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Gearhead989

Post by Gearhead989 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:21 am

Well thank you all very much glad to know I wasn't baned, Yeah I guess never took in account the hole steam to doom ratio. Really I don't mind if I can't use it, I just wish I could upload a file on the best sever the monster mixer for samsara doesn't work, I have to use this alt version, I got it off a addon website for samsara.
Your all very nice, I was expecting this to all go south, maybe I been around too meany assholes lately.
Nice to know people care and try to make others feel better.
Last edited by Gearhead989 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BioHazard791
New User

Post by BioHazard791 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:24 am

Zandronum is a fairly small community, it was massive but since ST died and whatnot, alot of people left the community...but I don't think ST dying was the only reason most people left lol

Steam is at least 3000 times larger so that's why everything gets noticed more faster and replied to more quickly. I haven't even got a reply on what I should do for bloom settings yet on here, but I'm still being patient on it...also, it'll be wise in the future that you keep personal issues to yourself, don't take them out on everyone either because they've done nothing to you or your friend that's trying to recover. I've been in that situation before so I know how it feels, but in most cases, when it's put on a forum publicly, there's always a few or just one guy that tries to ruin shit for you. Just make sure, that you are definitely, not surrounded by arseholes.

....no I am not Dr. Phil >.>

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:02 pm

Left?....

In all honesty the number of players count online now is more than double it was a few months ago.. ST sometimes felt like a total wasteland with all players stocked in 1 server -now its 4 servers with like 10-20 servers with 1-5 players.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:07 pm

pegg: are you sure you don't have some kind of filters enabled? There's 150+ players in 20+ servers every night.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

<BlueCool> you guys IQ is the same as my IP, Dynamic

Qent

Post by Qent » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Isn't that basically what he said? (4*30+15*3=165)

BioHazard791
New User

Post by BioHazard791 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:53 am

Cruduxy wrote: Left?....

In all honesty the number of players count online now is more than double it was a few months ago.. ST sometimes felt like a total wasteland with all players stocked in 1 server -now its 4 servers with like 10-20 servers with 1-5 players.
I just got back into the community myself so I don't really know much else. Maybe a few left, but..yeah I still don't know.

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:12 pm

Qent wrote: Isn't that basically what he said? (4*30+15*3=165)
Is that so? I may have confused these figures, but the post mentioning some wasteland assisted to my suspicion that pegg can't see most of the servers.
Ijon Tichy wrote:I like how your first responses to concerns being raised was to start insulting people, accusing random people on the Internet of being Shadowfox, and digging up irrelevant shit from the past. It really inspires confidence in me that you guys are level-headed and rational folks.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Konar6 wrote:
Qent wrote: Isn't that basically what he said? (4*30+15*3=165)
Is that so? I may have confused these figures, but the post mentioning some wasteland assisted to my suspicion that pegg can't see most of the servers.
He said that SkullTag was such a wasteland and the player number has doubled since few months ago.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Konar6

Post by Konar6 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:40 pm

The only time I noticed that player numbers dwindled down was the era of several master server transitions in row, for obvious reasons, and even then I wouldn't use the term "wasteland" for 80+ players online.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Heh I said ST was sometimes a wasteland not zandronum -aka in morning..sometimes 30 playerbs- .. That is even with filtering a few servers heh.. Yea zandro has +140 most of the time.
Nothing to see here

Gearhead989

Post by Gearhead989 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Well I think we can all agree that were doing better than duke players, they don't even have severs shame too since duke nukem is a amazing game. As for st and zd, I like the numbers on doom we get a lot less of bad and more of good, well unless you count terry and his band of marry idiots. Honestly I love doom and love the fact I get to share it with you.