Discuss IRC operations here.

Moderator: Wiki Maintainer

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: #zandronum IQ

Post by -Jes- » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm

>equating 'your mama' insults to legitimate discussion about sex
>judging the forum on this misconception
Last edited by -Jes- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm

Decay wrote: No, Naut is pretty spot on when he says this community is run on double-standards. It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain.
And you're without a doubt the right person, with no personal bias whatsoever, to make that assessment. :rolleyes:
Last edited by -Jes- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm

Decay wrote: Yea, I'd say I am.
And a quick trip through your post history says otherwise, but that, like this discussion, is irrelevant to the thread at hand.
Last edited by -Jes- on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:27 pm

Jes you might as well ask decay out, because this is like the 2nd topic you guys have been buttin' heads against each other personally more than the actual discussion
But on topic: I like ivan's idea, especially since it usually takes about 9 seconds for a legitamate topic to turn into a retarded arguement with name-calling and stuff like that in that channel

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Slyfox wrote: Jes you might as well ask decay out, because this is like the 2nd topic you guys have been buttin' heads against each other personally more than the actual discussion
LOL!
He's too young for me. I'm, what, 7 years older?

Anyway yes, Ivan's idea is sound - I've seen it in use on several other websites, and it seems to work well there.

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:51 pm

Jes, aren't there pedophiles flocking to Zandronum to scrounge through its user base?

Yeah. Figured.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Nautilus wrote: Jes, aren't there pedophiles flocking to Zandronum to scrounge through its user base?

Yeah. Figured.
I always thought Mobius got banned?
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

Dynamo
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Dynamo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:00 am

-Jes- wrote: He's too young for me. I'm, what, 7 years older?
You might then consider acting your age and stop starting/responding to useless provokations, just saying.

As for the pedophiles, I'll be more than happy to ban them.

-Jes-

Post by -Jes- » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:05 am

Dynamo wrote:
-Jes- wrote: He's too young for me. I'm, what, 7 years older?
You might then consider acting your age and stop starting/responding to useless provokations, just saying.
All in good fun.

And yes, pedophiles aren't cool at all.

DTDsphere
Forum Regular

Post by DTDsphere » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 am

When can I be unbanned from #zandronum?

legion

Post by legion » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:06 am

Nautilus wrote: So you're saying talking about contraception is good, but talking about sex itself is not?

Goes to show how this whole place runs on a fucked up double-standard heh
I believe you missed the point completely
Decay wrote: No, Naut is pretty spot on when he says this community is run on double-standards. It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain.
save this ire for either:
1) another topic, voicing your concerns and explaining why you are concerned, with possibly evidence

2) or IRC. I know you've admitted you are incapable of ignoring drama, but you should try.
personally, I would really love to see a topic from you explaining all these "double-standards" you are seeing, as well as some solid evidence

all of this leads to my assertion that this is the sort of thing that is the problem. everyone wants educated discussion in #zandronum. fine. bring it there! the ops in that channel will never ban civilized discussion. as an op there, I encourage it! what WILL be banned is massive stupidity, racism, and other similar things

Nautilus

Post by Nautilus » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:32 am

legion wrote:
I believe you missed the point completely
Hey, you can believe all you want. All I know, though, is that your lame ass missed the joke completely.
Last edited by Nautilus on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

HexaDoken
Forum Regular

Post by HexaDoken » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:00 pm

I must agree though that the average IQ of Zandronum seems to be actively progressing towards the minus infinity. Acting like five year olds may be fine on IRC, but not here, damnit. *looks up with disapproval*

[quote=Dynamo]and it just gives #zandronum a bad name overall[/quote]

Find me an IRC channel with a userbase equal or higher of that of #Zandronum which does NOT have trash talk about once per day. I goddamn dare you.

I actually agree with Zupoman for the most part. It would definitely help if that specific fella stopped imagining himself as some sort of troll paladin of light or something, but he DOES get the general idea right. If you would get your minds out of the box and think wider, stop hooking your thoughts to the word "troll" in about an instant after you see it, and care enough to understand the reason behind the words, you would actually see.

Particulary to Dynamo - you suggest that people move their trash talk to other channels. Definitely a good idea there! Definitely not something that should be forced, too. Forcing people to move their discussion to other channel is like telling "shut the fuck up nobody cares" - how much better that is than doing the so-called "trolling"? Do note that not only you tell that to the participants of the conversation - you also tell the observers that "you do not care about this, move along".

There is also the issue with participants of the conversation refusing to move in the other channel. And they are goddamn right to do so. Nobody has the right to enforce somebody to hear their conversation, trash or not. But everybody has the right to be heard. Trash or not.

There is also that issue where about half of #zandronum not only does not know how to create a channel, but how to even join them. But eh, I guess that's irrelevant.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:04 pm

HexaDoken wrote: Forcing people to move their discussion to other channel is like telling "shut the fuck up nobody cares"
Glad to see you finally caught on! Welcome to Zanzan, by the way!
HexaDoken wrote:There is also the issue with participants of the conversation refusing to move in the other channel. And they are goddamn right to do so. Nobody has the right to enforce somebody to hear their conversation, trash or not. But everybody has the right to be heard. Trash or not.
If a mod is telling you to move your shitty conversations that contribute nothing to Zanzan, do yourself and others a favor and move your ass. Especially if your conversations revolve about things like "Would you have sex on a firetruck?" or some other dumb shit that I've seen and questions as to why its being asked...on #zandronum.
HexaDoken wrote:There is also that issue where about half of #zandronum not only does not know how to create a channel, but how to even join them. But eh, I guess that's irrelevant.
If they don't know, then show them. Help #zandronum out, we're trying to create a community for a old but great game where people can hold intelligent discussions of...well, uh... Zanzan.

There's a reason why a lot of people who actually contribute a lot of things refuse to go to #zandronum. It's like #zandronum is breeding an army of the internet's biggest retards rather than pushing Zanzan for the better.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Gotta agree with goliath; If you want to talk about "Would you have sex on a firetruck?" make a channel for it, if you wanna talk about furry stuff go to #furry, if you wanna talk about anything but zandronum, in #ZANDRONUM, go somewhere else with it

Strych6
Forum Regular

Post by Strych6 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 pm

Slyfox wrote: Gotta agree with goliath; If you want to talk about "Would you have sex on a firetruck?" make a channel for it, if you wanna talk about furry stuff go to #furry, if you wanna talk about anything but zandronum, in #ZANDRONUM, go somewhere else with it
I haven't been around #z lately so I could be wrong, but I don't think z&/doom is big enough to make that a reality. A lot of times I bring up zandronum stuff, but just get directed somewhere rather than directions or discussion. Rename it to #port if it's just going to be used as a communal directory.

but lets get to the important topic, what makes a firetruck any less a venue

Ijon Tichy

Post by Ijon Tichy » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:30 pm

no, clearly the missing detail is "who"
I mean would you want to have sex with someone who's basically a human sphere

oh who the hell am I kidding I'd do it anyway

Metal

Post by Metal » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:50 am

Uh...huh. Well this has been beaten to death.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner