1993 - Review by Mr.Fegelein

Official ZanStuff sub-forum. Project reviews go here.

Moderator: Slyfox

Mr.Fegelein

Clan Tag: [VGP]

1993 - Review by Mr.Fegelein

Post by Mr.Fegelein » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:46 pm

Image Original Uploader is Unknown Should work on any Zandronum version Does not support Coop https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/f95c4c9 ... 8a9cd95c15

Wad Specifics: As far as i can tell this is your run of the mill horror wad, Cliche jump scares and such, Slight game mechanics overhaul. Play in the darkness for the best experience.

Content:The wad starts out with you spawning in on your level of choosing equipped only with a knife. Your best experience would be to play with doom 2 seeing as how youtubers who have played this used that primarily. The screen is greyed out static in a non motion pattern which makes it a bit eerie, you explore the first map to find nothing, basic secrets and everything the level entails until you get to about the 3rd level mark, When you spawn into the gantlet you'll find something is different you'll start hearing noises that, if played in the dark, might happen to get the most experienced of horror fanatics coupled with the giant Decayed baby head that is rushing toward you in a instance.A quick knife slash will quickly disperse said rotting head, As the hit box of the creature is very lax but not forgiving as one hit is instant death. All of this coupled with the fact that the head will appear as one and split over time as well as if you kill one makes it to where your best option is to just run. Which makes it even worse as with opening almost every door there is one of those things on the other side. Sort of a adrenaline rusher if you're not so accustomed to jump scares. This wad doesn't do much but i bet you couldn't beat it without dieing once could you?

Rating Fun Factor - 9/10- If you enjoy jump scare games like these you're definitely going to have a good time i know it got me every time for sure. Balance - 3/10 - I realize that the soul is supposed to kill you really fast but it seems to have no way to counter it you cant really dodge a lot of the time. Creativity - 10/10 - Now this is where the wad really shines the information seems to fit perfectly for a creation of this type, a unknown uploader adds to the edge factor and makes this wad even more enticing as a whole being horror related. Replay value - 6/10 - If you like to beat the shit out games you might have tough time with this one unless you can somehow manage to juke the fuck out of the decrepit floating slime baby that follows you around 24/7. For perfectionists 10/10.

Overall Rating 8/10

Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Re: 1993 - Review by Mr.Fegelein

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:11 pm

holy moly a zanstuff review. slyfox?

the only thing scarier than this wad is your avatar

Mr.Fegelein

Clan Tag: [VGP]

Re: 1993 - Review by Mr.Fegelein

Post by Mr.Fegelein » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:49 pm

Combinebobnt wrote: