Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

Official ZanStuff sub-forum. Project reviews go here.

Moderator: Slyfox

Kaminsky
Developer

RE: Gvh: Tons of Classes! v1b1 - Review by Catastrophe

Post by Kaminsky » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:43 am

It seems that there's been a lot of arguing from looking through these posts, even though this was intended to be a review. Nevertheless, I agree with your review, Catastrophe. I remember playing this modification months ago and realized how idiotic and unbalanced the gameplay and content was. This package was somewhat contemporary for co-operative gameplay, such as Yurei's Battle, aside from the plagiarism.
Last edited by Kaminsky on Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:25 pm

3? That is a shamefully high mark for this wad.

I could care less about the Teletha\Hekmat stuff that goes around everywhere. This guy doesn't even deserve to be co-worked with. He used to spam on #zamapping -Don't know if he still does that because I rarely enter doom nowadays- and nobody ever bothered with him so I decided to help him a bit on his map -that was his HQ, whatever it is-.

Classically he did nothing and just kept trying to make me do all the work while spamming smilies on every sentence as if it adds any meaning to his messages. I just didn't bother and told him its his wad he should do it himself.

Sometime later I enter this server and at first I thought I was playing the addon by meepyivan -whatever his nick was, but that stupid meepy class is his-. After a couple of rounds -and waiting the meepy to stop camping outside the map because its the only way the humans stay alive more than 20 seconds, I say something like "jeez how did meepy manage to sabotage his wad this much" then teletha said he is the one working on it, that it is better than all other wads and that am just a crying noob that has no idea of balancing. Then it was basically like everyone's experience that posted here.

If you are into playing bad wads with nazidmins\nazidevs then feel free to join the server, just don't take anything in it with a since of balance seriousness because this wad might as well be called GvH : Trolls vs humans "tryhard team that always lose".
Last edited by Cruduxy on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:26 am

I don't really like most of this review, some is ok with me, but Ghouls are op? Both humans and ghouls were op. In all my time playing GvH TOEC, I never seen the ghouls be more over powered,it all depends on what class you are. If someone was using Terrorpuppet, Strifeguy had an advantage since the white strings don't damage him at all, atleast in his suit. Winning games was the same with both when I played, I could easily beat 3 ghouls by myself, depending on how I play, cause I have done it before. Winning 23 times in a row, when you could have been playing against bad players, or you were just plain better than them. It was fun while it lasted, and if it comes back I would be enjoyed, since LOD I am never going back to.
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:26 am

Awesome Possum wrote: I don't really like most of this review, some is ok with me, but Ghouls are op? Both humans and ghouls were op. In all my time playing GvH TOEC, I never seen the ghouls be more over powered,it all depends on what class you are. If someone was using Terrorpuppet, Strifeguy had an advantage since the white strings don't damage him at all, atleast in his suit. Winning games was the same with both when I played, I could easily beat 3 ghouls by myself, depending on how I play, cause I have done it before. Winning 23 times in a row, when you could have been playing against bad players, or you were just plain better than them. It was fun while it lasted, and if it comes back I would be enjoyed, since LOD I am never going back to.
I am not going say that this is a bump.

Anyway, I had my time playing this class mod and I personally dislike it. I'd rather take LoD (and the new addon which is pretty awesome) over this.

I will have to agree with Cata that the ghouls were the only ones OP. I played with every human class in that mod and none of them worked (even that stupid Meepy class). It wasn't that fun. LoD, at least, tried to balance its classes while this mod didn't. Plus, this mod blatantly ripped off classes and weapons without even modifying the code (as stated before by many people). No credits were given either.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:17 pm

IdeIdoom wrote:
Awesome Possum wrote: I don't really like most of this review, some is ok with me, but Ghouls are op? Both humans and ghouls were op. In all my time playing GvH TOEC, I never seen the ghouls be more over powered,it all depends on what class you are. If someone was using Terrorpuppet, Strifeguy had an advantage since the white strings don't damage him at all, atleast in his suit. Winning games was the same with both when I played, I could easily beat 3 ghouls by myself, depending on how I play, cause I have done it before. Winning 23 times in a row, when you could have been playing against bad players, or you were just plain better than them. It was fun while it lasted, and if it comes back I would be enjoyed, since LOD I am never going back to.
I am not going say that this is a bump.

Anyway, I had my time playing this class mod and I personally dislike it. I'd rather take LoD (and the new addon which is pretty awesome) over this.

I will have to agree with Cata that the ghouls were the only ones OP. I played with every human class in that mod and none of them worked (even that stupid Meepy class). It wasn't that fun. LoD, at least, tried to balance its classes while this mod didn't. Plus, this mod blatantly ripped off classes and weapons without even modifying the code (as stated before by many people). No credits were given either.
LoD tried, but it just isn't my thing, it is so unbalanced to the point I bitch about it nonstop. I don't really care if a mod is unbalanced, (unless if it's so unbalanced to the point it's unplayable for me) but for the fun. I had lots of fun with the addons, and the humans were pretty OP too. Like the knight was incredibly overpowered. And in big open maps, strife's machine gun can take down anything with ease. Also people like Caleb did well, you just have to get better with being those humans. Also there is counters with each classes, for example, if a Yurei was on the field, go Hunter to 1-2 hit kill it's ass. Or if there was a Meepy, if it is hiding, go Misty or Sovereign, if it is running, another easy ghoul to kill it would be Choke. That's another thing I liked, there was counters to classes.

Having 40+ classes was a lot more fun than an extra 3-4 (idk how many LoD adds) classes. I was able to do really well in that mod, almost always being the top scorer. In LoD I cannot get as much kills since everything is so damn unbalanced, and it doesn't get the 20-30 people in a server that addons did from time to time, which made battles hectic. :razz:

Also the voices of the humans are pretty damn annoying, I do not like to hear YAHHHH YEAHHHEYA Whenever I jump maybe a foot in the air. I always mute the sound when I go in there. Like fuck, do I really need to hear sound effects of people jumping? Hope there is an option to mute that.

Overall LoD is pretty shit, I still would like to see the addon, just in case of shit gets changed. Never seen the addon yet, I just hope it doesn't fuck things up even more...
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:52 pm

Excuse me, I'm probably at fault for even posting this but, how can you say a mod with over 20 classes that has no balance whatsoever, is better compared to a mod which "tries" to maintain balance? Are you insane? Do you like overpowered things? LoD is not your thing then, and considering you enjoyed that filthy garbage of a mod, I take it you do.
Last edited by Ivan on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:46 pm

Awesome Possum wrote:
Having 40+ classes was a lot more fun than an extra 3-4 (idk how many LoD adds) classes. I was able to do really well in that mod, almost always being the top scorer. In LoD I cannot get as much kills since everything is so damn unbalanced, and it doesn't get the 20-30 people in a server that addons did from time to time, which made battles hectic. :razz:

Overall LoD is pretty shit, I still would like to see the addon, just in case of shit gets changed. Never seen the addon yet, I just hope it doesn't fuck things up even more...
And you chose quantity over quality. I'd rather have 3-4 balanced classes over 4002104105234543+ classes that are unbalanced as shit.

Being able to do good on a mod that is unbalanced as heck doesn't really show what skill you have, rather how you can exploit one of the powers that makes that class OP. LoD, for example, you need actual skill with the said class to even do good. You need actual tactics, thinking, strategy. You will feel so good after you did so well in that mod. It's trial and error.

Why would you call a balanced mod, which many praise it as being good, shit and called an addon that has a lot of ripped stuff, barely any work done to it and unbalanced shiz GOOD!? You sound like you support plagiarism.

(PS: The addon for LoD which Ivan made adds 2 new classes which are super fun to use)
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

Danzoa
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Danzoa » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:19 am

Guys there's only one Belgian on this entire port that's both skilled and good looking, Hek ain't it, Gal ain't it? Then who's it? This comment only got denzoit.

By the way the "Lots of classes wad" No offence bruh it's like downloading all of the original monsters and humans from Realm667, selecting them all in your folder and dragging them onto zandronum, boom, you got yourself your wad.

By the way I've heard from a certain Smingeling that you claimed to be me when Simk mistook you for being me, Let's have a gay shirtless picture fight right here right now yo.

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:03 am

Ivan wrote: Excuse me, I'm probably at fault for even posting this but, how can you say a mod with over 20 classes that has no balance whatsoever, is better compared to a mod which "tries" to maintain balance? Are you insane? Do you like overpowered things? LoD is not your thing then, and considering you enjoyed that filthy garbage of a mod, I take it you do.
Yeah it tried, I know the mod isn't the most balanced thing ever, but atleast it was fun. I do not want to play as an extra 4 classes, it really doesn't add much. I played the classic humans and ghouls so much, and I hoped there would be more classes to toy with.

And LoD tried, but it isn't fun to me, no one likes having to deal with a whole team of hunters and/or impalers. Those guys are op as fuck, and they literally look like a pile of turds on the ground. Hek's mod, everything was op, but in LoD, shit is everywhere. Some classes suck while others dominate.

The mod was fun, that is all I care about, as long as the balance isn't insanely bad, I won't care. And it wasn't insanely bad tbh, most of the classes do well for me, some others not so much. You made LoD so bad Ivan, you fucked it up. There was great potential in LoD, but it is just garbage. Ever since the addons mod died, I see about 6 people in LoD at a time, even during the day.

Btw, I tried the addon, it really doesn't add much, those classes aren't fun to use, and Morgwry (fuck my spelling) is just stupid as hell, I haven't laughed to a ghoul in my entire time playing, since it does look pretty funny. Pretty much all you did was add sparkles for the guns, new animations, and smoke from shooting guns, about it, everything else isn't worth mentioning.
IdeIdoom wrote:
Awesome Possum wrote:

And you chose quantity over quality. I'd rather have 3-4 balanced classes over 4002104105234543+ classes that are unbalanced as shit.

Being able to do good on a mod that is unbalanced as heck doesn't really show what skill you have, rather how you can exploit one of the powers that makes that class OP. LoD, for example, you need actual skill with the said class to even do good. You need actual tactics, thinking, strategy. You will feel so good after you did so well in that mod. It's trial and error.

Why would you call a balanced mod, which many praise it as being good, shit and called an addon that has a lot of ripped stuff, barely any work done to it and unbalanced shiz GOOD!? You sound like you support plagiarism.

(PS: The addon for LoD which Ivan made adds 2 new classes which are super fun to use)
"Balance" is not a word you should use there, LoD is unbalanced as all hell. And it is a first person shooter, not a strategy game. In fact, it is mostly go impaler you win, although yeah you can sometimes get your ass shot, if you are a decent impaler your still gonna fuck things up.

And where did I ever say the mod was GOOD? I said it was FUN. FUN and GOOD are 2 different words bro. And you might think people "praise it as being good", then why do I see very little people in the game? Like 6-8 at a time. And all the feedback I heard from LoD was how bad the mod is.

I do not even see skill in LoD, it is so bad, you can just be ghouls and win everytime. I like how you said ghouls win all the time in addons, when you clearly meant to say it to LoD, since it seems correct. And like I said to Ivan, just tried the addon, doesn't do much to the game to feel like one, except copying misty's skin for nightmare, adding some smoke effects, and lights, the other things are not worth mentioning.

And I also have a good time stating my opinions with Youtube, seems like they are more mature, I had said both Smosh and Pewdiepie were starting to suck balls, and not ONE person said something bad all capsing like "BRUH U STOOPID PUEDIEPIE IS FUNY". They all stated their opinions and liked mine. Some of them didn't agree but atleast they were nice about it. I even got over 100 replies in 2 days. Most of them agreed, others no, but they were nice and stated why they disagreed. Then when I say something bad about LoD, that is a whole new story.
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:54 am

go impaler and you dominate? sorry, but classes with dashes are here for countering him cyborg and protector[/size], hell even a skilled witch hunter can pwn impashit with decent hook+heartseeker usage or even a purge line, but to be honest i found hunter something that's hard to counter and easy to play, mainly because sniping across the map with lightning arrows isn't funny i know that the spread on lightning arrows was added just to keep people from doing that but it doesn't really work, sorry ivan![/size] and he's really fast.
if you laugh at morgwyr's sprite you must be pretty psycho Image
also how did ivan fuck up lod, mind elaborating? imo the addon added both creativekinda leblanc clone : D[/size] and fun classes
i think people disagree bout opinions because they are pretty... biased? well, i don't think nobody would like some QQing without arguments or subjective rants (just like half this thread is, but at least cata and some other people[/size] tried to explain his anger doesn't make it not rants[/size] [you didn't, just went all "impaler sucks hunter sucks everything sucks addon just added eyecandy morgwry looks funny" shiz])
also this isn't lod review thread, go make your own[/size]
Last edited by Tux on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:19 am

Awesome Possum wrote: "Balance" is not a word you should use there, LoD is unbalanced as all hell. And it is a first person shooter, not a strategy game. In fact, it is mostly go impaler you win, although yeah you can sometimes get your ass shot, if you are a decent impaler your still gonna fuck things up.

And where did I ever say the mod was GOOD? I said it was FUN. FUN and GOOD are 2 different words bro. And you might think people "praise it as being good", then why do I see very little people in the game? Like 6-8 at a time. And all the feedback I heard from LoD was how bad the mod is.

I do not even see skill in LoD, it is so bad, you can just be ghouls and win everytime. I like how you said ghouls win all the time in addons, when you clearly meant to say it to LoD, since it seems correct. And like I said to Ivan, just tried the addon, doesn't do much to the game to feel like one, except copying misty's skin for nightmare, adding some smoke effects, and lights, the other things are not worth mentioning.

And I also have a good time stating my opinions with Youtube, seems like they are more mature, I had said both Smosh and Pewdiepie were starting to suck balls, and not ONE person said something bad all capsing like "BRUH U STOOPID PUEDIEPIE IS FUNY". They all stated their opinions and liked mine. Some of them didn't agree but atleast they were nice about it. I even got over 100 replies in 2 days. Most of them agreed, others no, but they were nice and stated why they disagreed. Then when I say something bad about LoD, that is a whole new story.
Ok. I have play GVH for 3-4 years now and many MANY other fps's, games, etc. I know what's balance and what's not. I myself am good at impaler but some good players (Wirtualnosc and many others) can counter impaler rather easily.

Right, so you had fun because you were owning, but think about the players on the receiving side. Did they have fun getting owned by your unbalanced, OP class? Did they enjoy getting owned every round just because 1 class is so broken, many exploit it? I am not good at LoD, I admit it. Yes, it can get frustrating not getting many kills because some unknown reason, I get ya. But the unique classes and the balancing overall makes me forget about that and let's me have fun, even though I get my ass kicked. Hell, I even made some GvH videos (3 I think) on the Normal one, The NS and the LoD. All three mods had their fun moments and everything (not shown in the videos though).

Your idiology of saying "ToC is fun and LoD is shit" is just an opinion on such based mods but you haven't critiqued said mods at their core to say that this review is WRONG.

Sidenote: Gonna point out that this "ToC" mod uses LoD as its core. So you still have supposed "unbalanced" classes from LoD.
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 am

Like I said before, I never said TOC was good, but just fun, it was something I had fun coming back to. And what did I just say, it is like, you say something bad about LoD, fanboies be mad at you, I do not get that shit anywhere else, now I am done typing paragraphs for you guys to understand LoD sucks, good day.
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am

Awesome Possum wrote: Like I said before, I never said TOC was good, but just fun, it was something I had fun coming back to. And what did I just say, it is like, you say something bad about LoD, fanboies be mad at you, I do not get that shit anywhere else, now I am done typing paragraphs for you guys to understand LoD sucks, good day.
Read above, I never said once that you said "TOC is good".

I am not a fanboy of LoD. It's just that your opinion is biased. I had enough time to play both mods and say which is better overall. Many overall said the same.

My opinion is that LoD is better criticly and based on first impressions and overall gametime than this ripoff of a mod. Problem is you sound like a fanboy of this TOC mod without analyzing both mods in depth, just outright saying "TOC IS FUN GUYS, LOD SUCKS BECAUSE I SUCK AT IT".
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:38 am

I never said I sucked at it either, just saying I didn't score as much as I did Addons, and never was a fanboy, I just like the mod :razz:
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:43 am

Awesome Possum wrote: I never said I sucked at it either, just saying I didn't score as much as I did Addons, and never was a fanboy, I just like the mod :razz:
And you still get the point wrong. Scoring isn't a factor of having fun, but the gameplay itself. If you just stand around doing nothing but owning people with little effort, it means the mod sucks at balancing as it required no effort to do good. This is not a reason to like a mod, but a reason to complain.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:55 am

first of all, I don't even know where to start.
  • i'm not a fanboy
  • you sound like a fanboy
  • call for explaination why lod sucks
  • you do nothing but say "i'm not talking to you guys i already wrote lel" despite writing nothing but rants without explaination
  • ivan tried to actually balance his mod
  • hek just kept adding classes not caring about people's opinion (hello dark something)
  • "i didn't score as much as i did in addons"
  • half of ghouls in toc were pretty balanced...and people abused only these that weren't!
  • from what i recall you abused uboa, not sure about other ghouls
  • i'm not saying that i didn't like ToC or Lod, i enjoyed both mainly because they were populated
in the end you sound like a hypocrite with biased opinions... will you mind writing why lod sucks? is this because you have no skill and couldn't kill a thing without something that crosses castle ghoulenstein in two seconds and has an instakill attack?
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 am

Tux wrote: first of all, I don't even know where to start.
  • i'm not a fanboy
  • you do nothing but say "i'm not talking to you guys i already wrote lel" despite writing nothing but rants without explaination
  • hek just kept adding classes not caring about people's opinion (hello dark something)
  • half of ghouls in toc were pretty balanced...and people abused only these that weren't!
  • i'm not saying that i didn't like ToC or Lod, i enjoyed both mainly because they were populated
in the end you sound like a hypocrite with biased opinions... will you mind writing why lod sucks? is this because you have no skill and couldn't kill a thing without something that crosses castle ghoulenstein in two seconds and has an instakill attack?
I already wrote good reasons why it sucks, or did you not see them? And I never said I was bad at LoD, just saying I didn't score as much. Plus, I used Uboa alot yes, but it was my favorite ghoul to be, and I used to suck really bad with it, until I practiced and got better. Never was a fanboy, just stating my opinion, but you apparently do not know what an opinion is, and your titties explode when you get butthurt that I said LoD sucks, and attacks me for no reason, big fucking deal.

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am

Awesome Possum wrote:
Tux wrote: first of all, I don't even know where to start.
  • i'm not a fanboy
I already wrote good reasons why it sucks, or did you not see them? And I never said I was bad at LoD, just saying I didn't score as much. Plus, I used Uboa alot yes, but it was my favorite ghoul to be, and I used to suck really bad with it, until I practiced and got better. Never was a fanboy, just stating my opinion, but you apparently do not know what an opinion is, and your titties explode when you get butthurt that I said LoD sucks, and attacks me for no reason, big fucking deal.
It's not that you said LoD sucks, it's that you support a mod filled with ripped stuff, barely any effort done into it, unbalanced, drama behind it, no way of knowing who made what in the mod in favor of a balanced mod, a lot of work done from scratch, tested and said to be good.
Last edited by IdeIdoom on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes

Popsoap

Post by Popsoap » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:37 pm

Awesome Possum wrote:just stating my opinion, but you apparently do not know what an opinion is, and your titties explode when you get butthurt that I said LoD sucks, and attacks me for no reason, big fucking deal.
You apparently don't either. Nothing says that they can't comment on your opinion either.

Don't act surprised at reactions from others about your unpopular stance in this, you did openly admit that you prefer a mod created by someone with this kind of attitude.

Awesome Possum

Post by Awesome Possum » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm

Popsoap wrote:
Awesome Possum wrote:just stating my opinion, but you apparently do not know what an opinion is, and your titties explode when you get butthurt that I said LoD sucks, and attacks me for no reason, big fucking deal.
You apparently don't either. Nothing says that they can't comment on your opinion either.

Don't act surprised at reactions from others about your unpopular stance in this, you did openly admit that you prefer a mod created by someone with this kind of attitude.
They didn't have to have that bad attitude towards what I have said, but whatever, enough talking, the discussion is over, and I am giving LoD another shot. :cool:
Last edited by Awesome Possum on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.