Doomseeker Mercurial repository has moved

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
Blzut3
Developer

Doomseeker Mercurial repository has moved

Post by Blzut3 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:01 am

Just a quick announcement to let everyone know that the Doomseeker Mercurial repository has been moved from my Bitbucket account to a team account. Most people won't notice any difference due to this change, but if you compile Doomseeker from source or have a clone for other reasons, please be sure to update your clone to point to the new location. To do this edit your .hg/.hgrc file in your clone and change the default path.

The repository can now be found at: https://bitbucket.org/Doomseeker/doomseeker

If you have a fork on Bitbucket the upstream URL has automatically been changed for you.

The team feature appeared on Bitbucket roughly a year after we switched over to Mercurial, but until now we didn't really have a motivating reason to migrate the repository. The move was done in order to allow us to have multiple related repositories in an easily discoverable location, but also so the project looks more inclusive not being owned by a single person (especially since Zalewa has honestly been doing most of the heavy lifting as of late). It seemed this migration was going to happen sooner or later, so we decided now was a good time.

Sean
IRC Operator

RE: Doomseeker Mercurial repository has moved

Post by Sean » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:23 am

Finally, a potentially breaking change that gives a reason to update my out-of-date AUR packages!
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

Zalewa
Developer

RE: Doomseeker Mercurial repository has moved

Post by Zalewa » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Thanks for maintaining the packages, Sean.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.