Zandronum 2.1.2

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
Torr Samaho
Lead Developer

RE: Zandronum 2.1.2

Post by Torr Samaho » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks for the nice words! Greatly appreciated.
Leonard wrote: I'm confused, the "string version" change was always used as the correct changeset since at least 2.0, why would that suddenly change now?
I do the "string version" change when we think the current version is ready for release, that's why that changeset usually is the one corresponding to the official binaries. That's no rule though. Sometimes it happens that we still sneak in a few changes after the version string was updated. The rule is that the tagged changeset is the correct one. Due the the imminent change to a new repository, some technical reasons prevent me from adding tags for 2.1 and 2.1.2. I'll do that once the switch is complete. When there is no tag yet, the changeset used for the Windows binaries should be considered to be the correct one.
otaru1921 wrote: I am having tons of Rubberbanding every once in a while on a Server I didn't have rubberbanding before 2.1.2
Sounds like a problem with your connection to the server. 2.1.2 shouldn't have more rubberbanding than 2.1.
Watermelon wrote: It's when you lag and the ticbuffer compensates
No, this is an effect of packet loss and client side prediction that also happens without a tic buffer (albeit it may behave a little differently with the buffer). Roughly speaking, it happens when the player position predicted by the client and the actual position on the server differ too much and is usually caused if too many client -> server packets with movement commands are lost.

Infernal163
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by Infernal163 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:31 pm

I downloaded it, but it won't let me use Doomseeker. Whenever I try to connect to a server, it says i'm using a different version. HELP!

IdeIdoom
Zandrone

Post by IdeIdoom » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Servers haven't updated to 2.1.2 yet. Just wait until they update to the current version.
THE ROMANIAN POWERImage

Code: Select all

<+Dastan>	edd
<+Dastan>	boxxy skin when
<+Shift>	dastan you really want to fap at it this much and now you are going crazy and shredding your hair into a million tiny pieces for this boxxy skin to come out that way you can cum out
<+Dastan>	Shift, yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------
21:53:26  <@Estar>	well, if i'd be a girl, i would say ideidoom has ok looks

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:40 am

Torr Samaho wrote:
Watermelon wrote: It's when you lag and the ticbuffer compensates
No, this is an effect of packet loss and client side prediction that also happens without a tic buffer (albeit it may behave a little differently with the buffer). Roughly speaking, it happens when the player position predicted by the client and the actual position on the server differ too much and is usually caused if too many client -> server packets with movement commands are lost.
I might be thinking of a different term, in priv CTF we'd always call people like AVC "rubber banders" because his router (or something) would hold onto all his packets and release them at once -- he'd fly ahead of everyone and still capture the flag. I figured if he was losing packets, he'd probably run into a wall or something but he'd always somehow flawlessly cut corners and capture (and we'd cry).

Are we thinking of different definitions for the same phrase? I'm unsure if the one you're saying is where you drop packets and then get ripped back when the actual data comes through. If that's the case we call it a 'violent desync' :razz: though I don't think there are any standard terms on it.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQJKGiiQBew
Last edited by Watermelon on Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.