Staff & forum updates - Staff listing update

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
infurnus
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Staff & forum updates - Staff listing update

Post by infurnus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:44 am

Staff updates:
Update:
infurnus wrote: As you may know, Metal and Ruin have recently stepped down from forum admin positions, I was also informed by Qent that they will be stepping down from global moderator.

What I know so far: Ruin is staying a master server admin/moderator, and Qent is still working on community events like FNF. Metal has stepped down from all positions, but will still be around the community.

If you need to know who to contact for assistance, the Forum Team page should have updated info on Zandronum's staff listing: http://zandronum.com/forum/showteam.php

There are also moderators for each subforum that do not show on this list, they will show on the subforum's page.
Examples can be found in our Community Events area: Before anyone asks, we are not hiring (yet)!
Due to these recent events, I will be making an effort to look over and fix up various things on the forums that I had not gotten to fix up yet, as well as review the tracker for bug reports and patches for the mybb software.

Original post below:
First off:
Everyone in #zandronum wrote:Metal is gone oh god the world is ENDING :wonk:
Don't worry! Metal has recently stepped down as lead admin.
I understand & respect her decision to step down, and thank her for the time and dedication to both SkullTag and Zandronum the past several years.
I know there are some who are cheering this decision, so I would like to remind people to keep the discussion civil & on topic.

There have been recent staff discussions on revamping & improving the staff's positions (for example the title under avatars). Basically, we plan on having an admin preside over each aspect of Zandronum instead of just one person trying to manage everything all at once. This should help on both the community and staff sides, and also lead to less PMs from confused users not knowing where to turn, as we are volunteers and can't be everywhere all the time. This should help fix any "Admin's not on right now" issues.

We are reviewing the staff listing to see who is active or not, and we have planned to add more master server admins to help deal with potential cheater threats, as well as reviewing & white-listing innocent users caught in range bans.

Forum updates:

Along with the staff updates, I will be updating and revamping the staff groups over the next week or so (maybe just the few days if I'm lucky). Right now the user legend is being updated at the bottom of the main index page, so I apologize for it shifting around and changing a bunch.

In trying to work with and improve MyBB's built-in "warning system" for problematic users, and after discussing things with the staff, I have decided to disable the built-in automated punishments (such as Suspension and Banning) and favor manual staff actions for infractions instead, and just using the warn system as a staff note keeping system. The warn system was resulting in too many users relying on its "delayed punishment" before being finally dealt with. Hopefully this makes sense for everyone, though I noticed the warn % still shows on the user control panel, I will see if this can be fixed though it might be hard-coded (the warning system is a built-in feature, not a plugin).

Hopefully things will go smoothly! And also for those who submitted patches and updates on the tracker to the forum software (you know who you are), I will work on double checking and pushing it through when I get the time. (We use a Mercurial repository for the forums, I can't just arbitrarily upload stuff via FTP)
Last edited by infurnus on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

infurnus

RE: Staff & forum updates - Metal resigns

Post by infurnus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 am

I will be posting more about this in the Staff & rules reform thread as things move forwards

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 am

Sucks to see Metal resign, but at the same time, shes managed to keep this place stable for a good long while.

Her good work here and skulltag, is a feat. I mean as the staff go though some good times and bad but lets face it. Metal was able to put up with various of things like a boss (even if certain folk did not like her.)

I guess good things come to an end one day. Been great working with you to make sure this community stays alive and well. I'd like to thank you for all the good work you have put into this place and well... putting up with me I guess.... damn Aussies!

See you in game!

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:01 pm

now it will be only worse
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

capodecima
Banned
Banned: Permanently

Post by capodecima » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:15 pm

Dunno what say i am still pretty shocked. Metal was like pillar of this community, i just feel zandronum is way more dead now and i feel too old. :(
Play more vanilla
odamex.net

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:28 pm

Tux wrote: now it will be only worse
capodecima wrote: Dunno what say i am still pretty shocked. Metal was like pillar of this community, i just feel zandronum is way more dead now and i feel too old. :(
Cut the sarcasm and pessimism, guys. infurnus already said to keep things civil in his post, things are changing and the last thing we really need is people being childish.
Last edited by Dusk on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:04 pm

Maybe I don't know him that well but I don't think Capo was being sarcastic ...

I agree, Metal's been a big part of this community for a long time, and it sucks to see her step down (again). Hopefully we'll still you ingame though Metal, right?
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Cyber'
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:12 pm

They weren't sarcastic, nor childish.
Dusk is aiming to be the new metal.

And me and metal will be sitting on the beach looking out into the ocean sunset with our hair blowing in the wind watching you guys. :)
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:32 pm

Dusk wrote: Cut the sarcasm and pessimism, guys.
Just to be clear I wasn't sarcastic, Metal was a good admin and it's surely a loss especially seeing the circumstances that leaded to this.

infurnus

Post by infurnus » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:36 pm

Tux wrote:
Just to be clear I wasn't sarcastic, Metal was a good admin and it's surely a loss especially seeing the circumstances that leaded to this.
I'm not sure I understand; am I missing something here?

Metal

Post by Metal » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:12 pm

Zandronum staff will pretty much remain with the same people, infurnus and others may change things around a bit to relieve some of the pressure off of just one person and spread it all out a bit more. I'm fairly sure that nothing will spiral out of control with me not being at the top anymore.

I will still be playing, yes. I'll still be on IRC as well.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:14 pm

This is very bad news again. Very good admin as well, nice to see that you'll still be around though and I wish you luck on your future endeavours.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:46 pm

Ah not nas, people go, people join,... Since we are humans and we have our times for things...
if you think its bad, better take care of yourself first,...
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:50 pm

infurnus wrote:
Tux wrote:
I'm not sure I understand; am I missing something here?
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4256 Isn't this cause of Metal's resign? If not, please correct me.

Metal

Post by Metal » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:06 pm

That is not why I resigned. rofl. I'd be pretty weak if that were the case.

To answer a few peoples questions, I resigned because it got boring, tiring and I started to despise the game in general over it. Would rather just be a normal player. Nothing led up to it per-say, but it was no longer worth my time. I hope that answers your question.
Last edited by Metal on Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:40 pm

I'm glad you resigned, you can finally get a break from this. It's sad, blah blah, but you know what I mean.

Erma
Forum Regular

Post by Erma » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:09 pm

All the great things that she's done for me; That I will never forget. Not that she's gone or something, hehe.

She was awesome, and she will continue doing that. I'm sure of it. I think we can all pretty much agree that Metal was a great addition to the community as an admin. On the positive side, she will have some more time to sit back and relaaaaaxxxx :D