Doomseeker 0.11.1b released!

News and events are posted here. Threads also show up in the Latest News section.
Blzut3
Developer

Doomseeker 0.11.1b released!

Post by Blzut3 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:34 am

Update 11/30: A new update has been released to address issues with testing builds messing with the skulltag_actor stuff. In the mean time Zalewa pushed out a few more features so enjoy the new password manager and IRC join scripts!

Updates are available through the usual channels.
Doomseeker 0.11b has been released! This is a fairly basic maintenance release but it contains a few key features. Most importantly Doomseeker will now try to find skulltag_actors.pk3 in the Zandronum directory before looking in the normal locations. This should solve the authentication issues for most Doomseeker users. This will especially help OS X users since it was not especially easy to set the proper directory in the file paths.

Other improvements have been made to the IRC client in handling of user modes and channel topics, server filtering has been improved to allow selecting multiple game modes, and file paths can now be searched recursively. Wadseeker 0.7.4 is also released containing improvements in file searching so archives will be prioritized over straight files.

The Windows build also now uses Qt 4.8 so it should have the proper look on Windows 8.

If on Windows or OS X you should be able to update your install through Doomseeker's auto updater. For Ubuntu the usual packages have been updated. Otherwise the release is available on the website: http://doomseeker.drdteam.org/download.php
Spoiler: Slightly filtered change log from 0.10b (Open)
  • Renamed "RefreshingThread" to "Refresher" as it's no longer a thread.
  • Improved server dialog support in Chocolate Doom plugin.
  • Doomseeker would crash if one of the IRC sounds was enabled but no valid file was specified and then the sound was about to be played.
  • Fixed: Launching Zandronum testing binaries didn't work in OS X.
  • Added country flags for Georgia and Kuwait.
  • Added ability to feed binary location to the PathFinder in order to use that as a priority directory. This allows skulltag_actors.pk3 to be located properly.
  • Fixed: Crash when attempting to delete a group of demos. (We now actually support deleting groups.)
  • Wadseeker will now prefer to download archives first when a .pk3 or .wad is requested. This affects mainly situations where both archive and non-archive links are present on the same site, but the way it's constructed allows to span this feature over multiple sites if site download progresses fast enough.
  • Removed call to AppRunner::cleanArguments when spawning standard server console. This will probably cause some bad side effect, but sv_hostname won't work if we strip the quotes.
  • Modified layout of Zandronum "Flags" page to minimize size of the create server dialog on screen.
  • Minimized the default size of the create server dialog so that even if plugins expand this dialog, they won't do it beyond the size that is really necessary.
  • Removed all enabled/disabled checks in user context menu in IRC module because not all networks are 100% compliant with the RFC 1459 standard. Who are we to decide what network allows and what it forbids?
  • Added support for half ops. Doomseeker clients can now query half ops properly, and appropriate commands have been added to the user context menu.
  • IRC module was unable to print messages in appropriate window in certain cases.
  • Insufficient chanop privileges IRC error message will now be printed in channel it originated from with "ChanneAction" class.
  • Adjusted "Half op" and "De half op" context menu options names.
  • Added support for "founder" and "protected" IRC users.
  • Code for RPL_WHOISUSER was 331 instead of proper 311.
  • Topic will now be printed in the IRC channel box on entry to that channel and everytime the topic changes in that channel.
  • When notifying the user that the client binary is not set up properly open the proper configuration page for them. Also changed the message slightly.
  • Wadseeker prioritized URLs found last over those found first. This resulted in idgames client using the "worst" mirrors first. This was broken in commit 7cf3cea13986e21f13d5cb40646378f874b97444
  • Path to IP2C database in the update dialog box is now selectable.
  • Fixed word capitalization oddities regarding IP2C logs.
  • Moved out most of IP2C loader code to a separate class. Code was split from MainWindow class.
  • Recursion for file search paths can now be enabled.
  • Renamed fileseeker subclasses to be more precise (added 'FS' part).
  • Removed invalid tooltips in "Wadseeker - General" config page.
  • Fixed label capitalization oddities in configuration box.
  • Fixed capitalization oddity in IRC configuration box.
  • Fixed label capitalization oddities in main menu.
  • IRC module will now print who and when set the channel topic if such information is provided by the server.
  • Applied edward-san's patch to compile on clang.
  • Fix clang warnings.
  • Applied edward-san's C++11 patch. (When writing multi byte integers to an array directly, we need to explicity cast to the array type now.)
  • Filter server by multiple game modes. Multi-select combo box widget was added to the server filter dock.
  • Checkbox ComboBox was uneditable if only one item was on the list, also there were problems with editing the first item in general.
  • Checkboxes in checkbox combobox will now be clickable in the whitespace area too.
  • Added country flag for Moldova and New Caledonia (the other flag, not the French one).
  • Updated Odamex query protocol to version 2.
  • Added "Exclude WADs" filter to server filters. This filter hides all servers that have specified WADs.
  • Remote console crash if connecting to a non-existent localhost server. I think this problem was only affecting Windows users. This fix is for Zandronum plugin.
  • RCon crash if NULL protocol was obtained and then password was input throught the standard dialog.
  • Zandronum: Added DF3_NO_MEDALS, COMPATF2_ZDOOM_123B33_JUMP_PHYSICS and COMPATF2_FULL_WEAPON_LOWER flags to server creator.
  • Created server filter builder menu. It's been added to the server list context menu, and it can build WAD filters.
  • d-pointer'ed ServerListProxyModel.
  • Filter data object is no longer a pointer type in ServerListProxyModel because this made no sense.
  • Extracted "all WAD names" getter to Server class.
  • Common code extract in serverfilterbuildermenu.cpp.
  • Added ping filter builder.
  • Added game mode filter builder.
  • Server filter dock, label: "Game mode" -> "Game modes".
  • Added "exclude game modes" server filter.
  • Removed ServerFilterDock::clearGameModes() as it wasn't used anywhere.
  • Server filter WADs config storage will now use Qt's built-in support for QStringList to QVariant conversion. This may invalidate this part of config for some users upon first load, but it'll be more reliable in the long run.
  • Added excluded game mode filter builder.
  • Put server filter dock contents into scrollable area.
  • Server list context menu didn't get translated properly due to lack of Q_OBJECT macro.
  • Translations didn't work in various parts of the program either due to missing Q_OBJECT macro, or due to strings being initialized before the translation was loaded.
  • Removed rarefiles and coffeenet from Wadseeker's default sites lists as they appear to be dead.
  • Fixed: The server filter would sometimes reset itself. (I removed the pre setup updateServerFilter call since the filter gets effectively updated in postInitAppStartup to setup the dock.)
  • Fixed: Buddies list was not updated when the servers were refreshed.
  • Changed IP2C url to a mirror on our website. Some people were having trouble with not being able to download from the site, possibly because they only allow 3 downloads per ip.
  • Fix: Spacebars in plugin names were missing. This was broken way back in commit 5dc1cacc7090 which added URL scheme handling. To prevent configuration loss for plugins that have spacebars in their names, additional name mangling was added to PluginLoader::pluginIndexFromName().
  • Added '--version-json [file]' cmd arg. This arg dumps version info on Doomseeker and plugins in JSON format to a specified file.
  • When updater process reports a "general error", Doomseeker will no longer print "general failure" reason in a message box because this looks dumb. Instead, a simple "update failed" message is displayed.
  • Fixed: Update tool didn't account for app bundle structure when trying to get version information from Doomseeker.
  • Fixed: Zandronum 2.0 testing builds now report the OS in the version string which broke automatic handling.
Last edited by Blzut3 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

RE: Doomseeker 0.11b released!

Post by -Jes- » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:01 am

Guessing this is the auto update I got last night then.

Nice.

DevilHunter
Zandronum Tester

Post by DevilHunter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:50 am

Cool Beans. Thanks for this update. Now I hope people would stop bashing DoomSeeker for awhile :p

Hypnotoad
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Hypnotoad » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:10 pm

Finally

Disguise
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Disguise » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:52 pm

Awesome! Good to have a new version!

Blzut3
Developer

RE: Doomseeker 0.11.1b released!

Post by Blzut3 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm

I don't think this warrants a new thread: A new update has been pushed to address a critical bug with the skulltag_actors stuff. It also contains a new password manager and support for IRC join scripts.

ZzZombo
Forum Regular

Post by ZzZombo » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:34 am

QZRcon - Qt-based tool for Zandronum/Skulltag servers!
#grandvoid funny stats

Konda
Forum Regular

Post by Konda » Fri May 16, 2014 5:37 pm

On Arch Linux (64-bit) when I press the blue arrow (Demo Manager button right next to the record demo togglable button), Doomseeker just closes. I started Doomseeker from the terminal to see what the output is, and when I press the blue arrow, it just prints "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" and then Doomseeker closes.

I installed the package doomseeker, version 0.11.1b-1 from AUR (Arch User Repository). So, I posted here to check if I am doing something wrong. If not, then I guess I'll open a bug report at the tracker.

This was also happening in the previous version (0.10b if I remember) but I don't recall it happening in older versions.
Spoiler: Output from the terminal (Open)

Code: Select all

[19:21:22] Starting Doomseeker. Hello World! :)
[19:21:22] Setting up data directories.
[19:21:22] Attempting to load plugins from directory: /home/konda/.doomseeker/engines
[19:21:22] Attempting to load plugins from directory: engines
[19:21:22] Attempting to load plugins from directory: engines
[19:21:22] Attempting to load plugins from directory: /usr/share/doomseeker/engines
[19:21:22] Loaded plugin: "Chocolate Doom"!
[19:21:22] Loaded plugin: "Zandronum"!
[19:21:22] Loaded plugin: "Odamex"!
[19:21:22] Loaded plugin: "Vavoom"!
[19:21:22] Initializing configuration file.
[19:21:22] Setting INI file: /home/konda/.doomseeker/doomseeker.ini
[19:21:22] Loading translations definitions
[19:21:22] Reading localizations definitions file: translations.def
[19:21:22] Loading translation "en_US".
[19:21:22] Failed to load translation.
[19:21:22] Initializing IP2C database.
[19:21:22] Initializing passwords configuration file.
[19:21:22] Initializing configuration for plugins.
[19:21:22] Initializing IRC configuration file.
[19:21:22] Setting IRC INI file: /home/konda/.doomseeker/doomseeker-irc.ini
[19:21:22] Starting refreshing thread.
[19:21:22] Preparing GUI.
[19:21:22] Please wait. IP2C database is being read and converted if necessary. This may take some time.
[19:21:22] Parsing IP2C database: /home/konda/.doomseeker/IpToCountry.csv
[19:21:22] Init finished.
================================
[19:21:22] IP2C database read in 185 ms. Entries read: 137843
[19:21:22] Total refresh process initialized!
libpng warning: iCCP: Not recognizing known sRGB profile that has been edited
[19:21:23] IP2C parsing thread has finished.
[19:21:23] IP2C database updated successfully.
[19:21:23] IP2C parsing finished.
[19:21:23] IP2C update finished.
[19:21:30] Finished refreshing. Servers on the list: 560 (+ 0 custom). Players: 111.
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
EDIT:
I just installed the other package from AUR (doomseeker-hg 770-1) and the demo manager works fine....
Last edited by Konda on Fri May 16, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code: Select all

<Synert> fuck
<Synert> plugged in my memory stick and got a bsod

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Sat May 17, 2014 5:34 pm

Version 0.12b is now undergoing release process. You can actually already download a Ubuntu package or the source code if you go to http://doomseeker.drdteam.org page. I'm not sure if Blzut is responsible for packages for Arch Linux, so I can't tell you how soon it'll be available there.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Sun May 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Ubuntu is the only officially supported Linux based operating system. All other packages are third party.