Suggestion: Ban Decay

This section is for any interactive threads or games played on the forums.
Posts in this section are not counted towards total post count.
Jwarrier
Forum Regular
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Suggestion: Ban Decay

Post by Jwarrier » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:46 pm

Exhibit A

Example similar forum bans
Zandronum wrote:Danzoa - Constant usless posting over months time, constantly trying to stir up problems. - November 4 2015 - One month (release: December 4 2015) Updated to permanent after moderator discussion
Filystyn - Trolling, Purposely creating posts to get a negitive respone to start a flame war/Drama. This user only posts to stir trouble, on purpose. - March 30 2015 - Permanent at this time
Edd - Constant usless posting over months time, moderation evasion (edgay account) - June 26 2015 - Permanent
Decay - Continued harassment and ignoring of rules - November 29 2014 - 2 months (release: January 29 2015)
Lance - Ban issued after receiving dozens of reports over time; Stirring up trouble; continued dragging drama onto the forums. Please report bad posts/posters instead of gossiping over them with your friends. No negotiations. - Sept. 24
See full list of Zandronum Forum Bans

Notice Decay is already on this list for exactly what I am about to provide recent examples of!

Exhibit B

Recent negative posts from Decay
Decay vs One_Two
Decay vs Tux
Decay vs AO
Decay vs Catastrophe
Decay vs AO #2 - look at his quote name
Decay vs Fatelord

All of these posts are found in his most recent 20 posts! 6/20 have already been trashed by administration! Can you see a pattern?

Exhibit C

According to a current forum administration there is no reason to ban Decay...
<admin> if you really think Decay should be banned, make a thread in the staff discussion page
<admin> lets see what the rest of the community thinks, because ive got no real good reason to ban him
COMMUNITY DISCUSSION/OPINION/EXPERIENCES

I think that is a fair answer from the admins, however he also mentioned my recent reports of Decay's posts. What the admin doesn't know is my account is set to hidden because of Decay and co. I visit the forums very seldom now because I feel they are an extremely uninviting experience. I understand administration cannot take care of everything and there is always two sides of a story, however when you can literally login read the most recent post and see Decay tormenting a user and click on his name and read his most recent 20 posts to find that most of them contain only insults and attempts to further rise or completely start an argument, then something should be done. The fact that someone can literally find something worth reporting in all of those posts is enough to say something should be done, and I am talking about more than just trashing every other post of his. I repeat, something should be done.

However this post is not about what I think, because that is clear by the admin's response to my complaint that my opinion does not matter even if I could list probably another 50 quotes of his targeting of me personally (not to mention my family). This post is about your opinion. This is a thread to weigh the pros and cons of having Decay around on this forum.

This is your chance to put your opinion, provide your examples, and maybe just maybe something might actually be done about who I would feel is the biggest troll in the Zandronum community. Yes Decay does provide some valuable posts every once in a while, but so does Capo, Edd, Denzoa, or almost any other user who has been banned in the past. The guy clearly exists on these forums to increase drama and sputter useless nonsense. If you are tired of logging in to see the latest insult of the day from Decay then please voice your opinion and help Zandro abolish negativity so that this already diminishing community can continue to grow and evolve.

WE ARE EXHIBIT C! NOW DISCUSS.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Suggestion: Ban Decay

Post by Ivan » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Detective JWarrier on duty. You are like Tritter in House. You should see it.

EDIT: Nice post coming from someone who likes to mock accents of people. Possible racist. Go fix your own life, big guy :)
Last edited by Ivan on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:00 pm

It was fun times on ibm vs decay posts, but I think it all started when I defended a random guy banned, at the end, the demo recorded proved he wasn't cheating and got unbanned... And tbh, idk if admins said something for he, because he doesn't me a long time ago.
Decay S2

EDIT: All this talk makes me remember from this old meme
Spoiler: in case some admin dislike this image, remove the image (Open)
Last edited by ibm5155 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Yes Decay does provide some valuable posts every once in a while, but so does Capo, Edd, Denzoa, or almost any other user who has been banned in the past.
Denzoa, yes you are right. Capo and Edd? You gotta be smoking something. Capo tier is the lowest tier and I wouldn't put anyone else on the same level as him.

I could list probably another 50 quotes of his targeting of me personally (not to mention my family).
I agree that very personal attacks should not be allowed. However, this is coming from you, who made fun of Ivan's accent and his Turkish English on TS. Once you step over the boundary bro, it's fair game.

Honestly, you're just soft.
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Bloax
Forum Regular

Post by Bloax » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

unban tench-

wait what year is it
Last edited by Bloax on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Post by Galactus » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Totally agree, his constant harassing needs to stop!
P.S. I heard he alledgedly dropped a ssg[/size] :eek:
Last edited by Galactus on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Jwarrier can you like

Stop

Please

I understand you don't like him (as do a lot of people) but we prefer not to ban in this sort of way. His next ban will probably be permanent though. Please don't make these sorts of threads because they make more drama than they solve.

Thank you.
Restored by request (why am I doing this)
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

I am going to fully analyze this thread because there's minor discrepancies I wish to address.

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 9#pid93039

This isn't a very good example from the other exhibits because there was no crew bandwagon anything, and Catastrophe likes to be the victim when he's on the receiving end of criticism.

http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.p ... 8#pid92798

Swiftshot right above flamed Fatelord so there's an automatic double-standard. I am not advocating for Decay as his defense because, let's face it, he has been on a roll lately.
Jwarrier wrote: What the admin doesn't know is my account is set to hidden because of Decay and co

And Co? And co who you pussy? You wanna say A3? MXU? Those are the only groups affiliated with him and the last time we ran into you was the incident on Sentinel's playground when my clan trashed your clan during an immense shit talk session over shit you started. You've been starting shit for a very long time and have fairly never taken account for any of it, but after that complete thrashing it felt silent and your stupid clan turned into another clan so you can kick out Dastan. We haven't bothered you in any real capacity EVER SINCE unless you count that one priv. Since A3 went semi-competitive we haven't even seen you around but I guess you'll blame us for that too. Go cry to Odamex.
Jwarrier wrote:I visit the forums very seldom now because I feel they are an extremely uninviting experience

Who do you mean "they" why don't you just do what everyone else does and call out who it is. I mean it isn't like we aren't in every single log when it comes to people like you and your consequences (example: Galactus). Aw poor Jwarrier can't stand the idea we're here to stay and he didn't win any real scrims because he spends his time screaming and cursing my name to his wife, gets her literally involved on teamspeak, and then has the nerve when someone uses her as a weapon. What is your major malfunction boy?
Jwarrier wrote:Yes Decay does provide some valuable posts every once in a while, but so does Capo, Edd, Denzoa, or almost any other user who has been banned in the past.

No disrespect to Danzoa but that's quite literally the dumbest comparison you got. I mean what has Decay possibly helped with that you can say the others have done for you to merit such a absurd example. I mean quite frankly we're talking about Capo and Edd and neither of these people have contributed anything other than laughs at either their own or other's expense. I mean what do you even make of this or even this.

On record: I don't always agree with Decay and his outlandishly out spoken "I got it like that" attitude and I'm for giving him a Kilgore cruise vacation but it's just funny coming from you of all people. Grow and evolve right? You can't even let go of a grudge you've had with me since 2012. Maybe this thread should be "Why hasn't Jwarrier left doom yet."
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:58 pm

This thread is dumb and you are dumb. This belongs in trash and it's a disgrace that it had to be pulled out of it.
Last edited by Dusk on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:01 am

Lol Mobius by "they" he means the forum...
As for the subject matter, I don't think he should be banned, he probably has something wrong with his personality but somewhat stays inside the lines of acceptability. It's a shame he isn't funny like Capo or Nautilus etc...
Last edited by one_Two on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

agaures
Forum Regular

Post by agaures » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:10 am

How else are we going to keep the forums alive if decay is banned?
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:19 am

one_Two wrote: Lol Mobius by "they" he means the forum...
As for the subject matter, I don't think he should be banned, he probably has something wrong with his personality but somewhat stays inside the lines of acceptability. It's a shame he isn't funny like Capo or Nautilus etc...
Is this one of your ill-conceived sarcastic post I've heard so much about?
Last edited by Mobius on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

HTG
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Wicked Sick
Clan Tag: WS

Post by HTG » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:20 am

To be fair, most of the arguments decay is involved in has been with some pretty dumb people that have honestly had it coming (Fatelord, Tux being prime examples)
Last edited by HTG on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:21 am

Mobius wrote:
one_Two wrote: Lol Mobius by "they" he means the forum...
Is this one of your ill-conceived sarcastic post I've heard so much about?
mate you cant even read so idk why you're piping up.

Ru5tK1ng
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 am

This isn't a very good example from the other exhibits because there was no crew bandwagon anything, and Catastrophe likes to be the victim when he's on the receiving end of criticism.
Also wasn't it the icing on the cake for Blue when he got banned for repeatedly trolling strikerman and posting 'lol' in all of striker's threads? It's only epic meme funny when he's not on the receiving end.

Honestly, I'd like to know. If Decay is banned from the forums, does this mean we expect to see you actively posting and contributing to the forums? Or is this whole crusade to just play out your own petty vendetta against 'Decay and Co.'? Or are you just posting to stir up drama?
Projects

EonDM - With Hatred as my sidekick.
RageCTF - Made 1 map and did much more.
DBAB LMS - Pack made for Last Man Standing.
EonWeapons - Improve vanilla weapons and add stuff for kicks.
Progressive Duel - Leaving the old behind.
IDL201X CTF - Maintaining since 2013.
Strife AA - Helped tested + 1 map

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:28 am

Goddamn one_two, your posts have been getting saltier and saltier with every additional comment you add; if you have something on your mind, y'know I'm cerfitied for mental health emergencies

On a more serious note, Decay does go off the wall sometimes, but he does have his good posting as well. A majority of the people he's talked trash to were people who act dumb as shit and usually need that straight-forward harsh critique so they can actually wake up
Last edited by Slyfox on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:30 am

one_Two wrote: mate you cant even read so idk why you're piping up.
What the admin doesn't know is my account is set to hidden because of Decay and co. I visit the forums very seldom now because I feel they are an extremely uninviting experience.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarcasm
Last edited by Mobius on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Catastrophe » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:30 am

[quote=ru5tk1ng]Also wasn't it the icing on the cake for Blue when he got banned for repeatedly trolling strikerman and posting 'lol' in all of striker's threads? It's only epic meme funny when he's not on the receiving end.
[/quote]

What do you mean "all" of his threads? I said "lol" once on a thread and I got banned. Plz research instead of bandwagoning from shit you hear on ts thanks.

edit: also preferrably leave me out of the convo as im not interested in derailing it
Last edited by Catastrophe on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:39 am

Mobius wrote:
one_Two wrote: mate you cant even read so idk why you're piping up.
What the admin doesn't know is my account is set to hidden because of Decay and co. I visit the forums very seldom now because I feel they are an extremely uninviting experience.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/sarcasm

"Who do you mean "they" why don't you just do what everyone else does and call out who it is."

"Who do you mean "they""
He means the forum, he doesn't mean decay and his friends he means the forum. Literally just trying to help you out cus relax.
Last edited by one_Two on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mobius
Banned

Post by Mobius » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:40 am

Catastrophe wrote: What do you mean "all" of his threads? I said "lol" once on a thread and I got banned. Plz research instead of bandwagoning from shit you hear on ts thanks.

edit: also preferrably leave me out of the convo as im not interested in derailing it
I'm just going to stop you right there
Last edited by Mobius on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.