YAY DRAMA - New rules

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Doomenator
Forum Regular

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Apparently not everyone knows about it.
The presence of [ignor] button next to [report] and [reply] will simplify the task.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:48 pm

I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

EDIT: about the foes solution, if someone quote the foes post, do you see the quote message?
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

mifu
Lead Administrator
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 pm

ibm5155 wrote:I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

EDIT: about the foes solution, if someone quote the foes post, do you see the quote message?
Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)

As for your Foes question, I am unsure as it has not been tested. Wanna try it :O

Sean
Zandronum Tester
Clan Tag: [TSPG]

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

mifu wrote: Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)
I can do that with a stock client :cool:

Code: Select all

<Decay> csnxs try being less bitter and actually helpful to the community, thanks

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:29 am

mifu wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)

As for your Foes question, I am unsure as it has not been tested. Wanna try it :O
But I can't ignore an admin :| (From what I read), k I'll do a test with Fused (idk if he counts as admin and a special case)

EDIT: K, I ignored the most quoted guy from this thread (I belive [ just for testing :lol: ]), I can't see any post he made, but I can see all the quotes people made from his posts, like here
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 864#p95864
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 878#p95878
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 881#p95881

EDIT2: I was looking at the trash topic, and I saw this:

Code: Select all

*****, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post. 
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

mifu
Lead Administrator
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 am

Looks like it cant be done without modifying some stuff then. Lets be honest though, do I really need to implement something like that?

Now I actually took a chance to read this whole thread in detail once it calmed down and I am now free to address some points made (filtering all the shit out hopefully)

Lets start of with the "RIP forum activity" thing. It's quite correct. All the activity is generated by drama and makes the forums interesting. This is not to say that we dont care about the purpose of what this forum is for. We do but whats the point if the forum is inactive. A while back, we were stricter on this and I feel this has left a negative impact hence why its a bit lax now and you can call things how it is (and people will respond accordingly)

Now lets address a post further up made my Leonard. Mainly about me apparently "sucking at my job"
Leonard wrote:Sorry to put it that way but this can only either be bias, complete incompetence or even both and this is simply unacceptable.
I'm not sure what it is, but this is not the only example: just look at this one post above.
And the forum is just full of these.
When do you start doing your job?? Or maybe you actually are biased?
Some people agreed with me on the fact that this forum have become a trash for the past few months and as a result said people are now simply silent or don't even read the forum at all anymore which is sad.
Lets see. I'm not biased at all. The staff here is also not biased. Hell Raz hangs with Decay and A3 (which lets be honest, you seem to have a problem with right now) and hes not biased. We have a good team. I had also pointed out that I talked to Decay about this before you decided to notify us about one of his posts asking if he got punished despite the fact we were way past that.

For Reference allow me (yet again) advise how this started. He said that someone signature is retarded due to the size of it. Note that this is an opinion and everyone is entitled to that (including you and me and everyone else.) Decay gets blamed by Slim for calling him a retard though Decay never said this. This is probably why Slim got that bad response. Yea ok, I do agree Decay could tone it done and be more diplomatic however hes not 100% at fault for this.

Of course you come in being like a back seat mod telling him how it is. I wouldn't play the past card either because quite honestly, anyone can play the past card. If it was recent then yea alright, you have a point. But past infractions dont get considered when banning someone. It caused issues in the past and normally the community itself seems to handle people with a bad past well.

Look, right now you come of as having hatred for Decay. I can smell the hatred from here all the way in aussieland and thats fine. As Rustking pointed out you have not sat in a staff channel where we decide things. This also is in relation to banning anyone or punishing anyone. Moderators here use their discretion and are encouraged to do so while being fair. We also disagree with each-other all the time. Point is, your "nothings getting done" thing is wrong though that's my opinion to yours, take it how you like. Decay has probably been in a lot of chats and what not lots of times and got a lot of warnings.

Now I am all ears when it comes to suggestions, feedback, you screwed up but I reckon you should do this feedback etc. You have only just said, we are biased or incompetent because Decay is not punished through your eyes and made it known that you do not like it one bit. Seeing as we are here and I got around to read this properly (because I was not going to till it became chill, honestly) is I want to ask you a serious question Leonard. You can answer how you like.

My question is, I i were to resign tomorrow and be all like "Yo Leonard, your admin now. Congrats and have a nice day. If you don't want to be admin then give it to someone else who will keep this place running and alive" Would you take it, and tell me how you would be better then me? Seeing as you don't think I do a good job, especially at this particular issue, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts. This is also to not start more drama or an argument (so everyone else, keep it civil please or warnings will be handed out) but I do want to know what would you do then, if I am apparently terrible.

Anyways thats it. My previous post with the Sans pic still stands. Oh and for future reference (and this goes for anyone) telling someone to kill themselves via a PM or anywhere at all is a very good way for me to not listen to you. Just saying.

Redfox123

Clan: furfags
Clan Tag: furfag

Post by Redfox123 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am

if i see any trouble i will not have any input
Icelandic her mun sparka rassinn ó bíddu við dont hafa rétta her . fjári
A.k Ω
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51226

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am

Drama is dead, long live drama!

Carpathia

Post by Carpathia » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:57 pm

mifu wrote:But past infractions dont get considered when banning someone.
It took the admins 4 months to decide to ban me for what I did. I'd consider 4 months long enough to warrant something being in the past...

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:10 pm

mifu wrote:(which lets be honest, you seem to have a problem with right now)
Are you sure you read all of my posts?
I think I responded to this twice already.. It's not really my fault if Decay is a prime example of what's wrong with this forum.
And it's not because I linked a few people's posts that I "have a vendetta" against them.
mifu wrote:I had also pointed out that I talked to Decay about this before you decided to notify us about one of his posts asking if he got punished despite the fact we were way past that.
No, we're not way past that and this is why I quoted you in the one single report I've made:
mifu wrote:I have asked the rest of the forum staff (well those who saw my message) to basically hand out punishments for anyone who contributes to any sort of drama. This also includes retaliation (if your post just adds fuel to the fire)
Don't say things you're not going to do.
If this had actually been applied consistently, the first two pages of this thread wouldn't be the mess that it is right now.
mifu wrote:For Reference allow me (yet again) advise how this started. He said that someone signature is retarded due to the size of it. Note that this is an opinion and everyone is entitled to that (including you and me and everyone else.) Decay gets blamed by Slim for calling him a retard though Decay never said this. This is probably why Slim got that bad response. Yea ok, I do agree Decay could tone it done and be more diplomatic however hes not 100% at fault for this.
Yeah ok, except slim didn't call Decay anything. At worst all he said was that decay was probably trying to troll him.
Do you honestly think that he deserved to be called a retard for this?
Then what's the point of warnings at all?
By this logic, you'll just say over and over again "chill out, all he did was call you a retard" (which is what's happening by the way).
mifu wrote:As Rustking pointed out you have not sat in a staff channel where we decide things. This also is in relation to banning anyone or punishing anyone.
You said yourself that you would make a thread to clear things up so I thought this is where we should discuss this sort of thing.
But like I said 2 or more times already, this isn't about banning people I dislike, this is about having a clean forum where everyone is free to post without immediatly being called a retard.
And that's the feedback I'm talking about by the way.
Just take a look at the ZDoom forum. This sort of thing would have NEVER EVER been able to happen there.
Why? Because if you call someone a BANANER or anything like that you immediatly get warned by a moderator and your post is possibly trashed.
But in this forum we can see counter-examples everywhere. This very thread for instance.

Here's some more feedback if you want:
mifu wrote:ive noticed a few instances where he was provoked or called out on.
You seem to think that it's alright to respond in an equally aggressive way, but like I said, it never changes the fact that such a thing is inappropriate and against the rules.
As an example, this very thing is applied in the ZDoom forum.
mifu wrote:Moderators here use their discretion and are encouraged to do so while being fair.
Being fair is the most important part here.
I gave a few examples in my first post.
Rustking replied to this by trying to justify said posts.
As I said above, doesn't change the fact that it's inappropriate, etc..
It's like fighting fire with fire, you're never going to solve anything with this.
mifu wrote:My question is, I i were to resign tomorrow and be all like "Yo Leonard, your admin now. Congrats and have a nice day. If you don't want to be admin then give it to someone else who will keep this place running and alive" Would you take it, and tell me how you would be better then me?
Oh, of course I would get the "how about you try and do my job?" argument..
That's the whole point of criticizing someone which is exactly what you wanted from what I understand.
It's like food critics, just because they don't know how to make the food doesn't mean they can't find said food bad.
mifu wrote:Mainly about me apparently "sucking at my job"
mifu wrote:Seeing as you don't think I do a good job
It's not because I think that you're doing a bad job that I immediatly hate you and you suck and all of this..
Unlike some people in this thread, I'm not going to call you a retard for this..
Again, that's the point of criticizing: to improve.

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:(which lets be honest, you seem to have a problem with right now)
Are you sure you read all of my posts?
I think I responded to this twice already.. It's not really my fault if Decay is a prime example of what's wrong with this forum.
And it's not because I linked a few people's posts that I "have a vendetta" against them.
Yes I am a prime example of what's wrong with the forum.

What's exactly wrong with the forum again?
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:I had also pointed out that I talked to Decay about this before you decided to notify us about one of his posts asking if he got punished despite the fact we were way past that.
No, we're not way past that and this is why I quoted you in the one single report I've made:
mifu wrote:I have asked the rest of the forum staff (well those who saw my message) to basically hand out punishments for anyone who contributes to any sort of drama. This also includes retaliation (if your post just adds fuel to the fire)
Don't say things you're not going to do.
If this had actually been applied consistently, the first two pages of this thread wouldn't be the mess that it is right now.
"My interpretation of events is better than yours"
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:For Reference allow me (yet again) advise how this started. He said that someone signature is retarded due to the size of it. Note that this is an opinion and everyone is entitled to that (including you and me and everyone else.) Decay gets blamed by Slim for calling him a retard though Decay never said this. This is probably why Slim got that bad response. Yea ok, I do agree Decay could tone it done and be more diplomatic however hes not 100% at fault for this.
Yeah ok, except slim didn't call Decay anything. At worst all he said was that decay was probably trying to troll him.
Do you honestly think that he deserved to be called a retard for this?
Wrong, he claimed I was calling him a retard."Well excuse me, there's a PM system for a reason. There's no need to call anyone a retard." Thus, he deserved to be called a retard for a basic inability to read. Isn't that your motif? "He asked for it" LOL
Leonard wrote:
Then what's the point of warnings at all?
By this logic, you'll just say over and over again "chill out, all he did was call you a retard" (which is what's happening by the way).
Stop posting stupid shit or showing a basic inability to comprehend english and maybe you won't be called a retard. Dipshit.

Warnings are for telling people to chill, aka if they go any farther than suspension/ban they go. This isn't difficult to figure out. But then again, you are pretty retarded so I don't expect you to understand this. Or much of anything relating to administration, especially you're one to call for master-server bans over attitude, when the rules clearly state (and have for 2 years) you can only be banned for cheating. Get the fuck outta here.
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:As Rustking pointed out you have not sat in a staff channel where we decide things. This also is in relation to banning anyone or punishing anyone.
You said yourself that you would make a thread to clear things up so I thought this is where we should discuss this sort of thing.
But like I said 2 or more times already, this isn't about banning people I dislike, this is about having a clean forum where everyone is free to post without immediatly being called a retard.
And that's the feedback I'm talking about by the way.
Just take a look at the ZDoom forum. This sort of thing would have NEVER EVER been able to happen there.
Why? Because if you call someone a BANANER or anything like that you immediatly get warned by a moderator and your post is possibly trashed.
But in this forum we can see counter-examples everywhere. This very thread for instance.
Zdoom forums are run completely differently. If you want a hugbox where you are free to be stupid, go there. Certain users here are happy to call people out on their stupidity, deal with it. Again, stop being stupid and you won't be called stupid 8). In the wise words of capodecima, "go learn yourself"
Leonard wrote: Here's some more feedback if you want:
mifu wrote:ive noticed a few instances where he was provoked or called out on.
You seem to think that it's alright to respond in an equally aggressive way, but like I said, it never changes the fact that such a thing is inappropriate and against the rules.
As an example, this very thing is applied in the ZDoom forum.
Fuck off ZDF.
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:Moderators here use their discretion and are encouraged to do so while being fair.
Being fair is the most important part here.
I gave a few examples in my first post.
Rustking replied to this by trying to justify said posts.
As I said above, doesn't change the fact that it's inappropriate, etc..
Aww, it's inappropriate, boo-hoo.
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:My question is, I i were to resign tomorrow and be all like "Yo Leonard, your admin now. Congrats and have a nice day. If you don't want to be admin then give it to someone else who will keep this place running and alive" Would you take it, and tell me how you would be better then me?
Oh, of course I would get the "how about you try and do my job?" argument..
That's the whole point of criticizing someone which is exactly what you wanted from what I understand.
It's like food critics, just because they don't know how to make the food doesn't mean they can't find said food bad.
Awww, "I couldn't come up with an answer so I'm going to criticize the question." Be honest. You would ban half the forum and censor every word you see as bad. Go back to ZDF.
Leonard wrote:
mifu wrote:Mainly about me apparently "sucking at my job"
mifu wrote:Seeing as you don't think I do a good job
It's not because I think that you're doing a bad job that I immediatly hate you and you suck and all of this..
Unlike some people in this thread, I'm not going to call you a retard for this..
Again, that's the point of criticizing: to improve.
No signs of change. Just because you choose to not be "vulgar" or excessively harsh, does not mean we should follow suit. If you want a hugbox, go somewhere else.

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:51 pm

Oh and by the way, for all the people trying to minimize the private exe thing claiming "it only allowed to drop SSGs, not a big deal blah blah": it also enabled SR50 while turning(and possibly some other stuff I'm not aware of), which indeed is borderline cheating if you ask me :happyface:
Seeing such an individual carrying on with his crusade about rules enforcement is just plain ridiculous/hypocritical, to say the least

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:57 pm

SR-50 w/ turning has always been against Compet-N rules, and thus is considered cheating. https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1382220

Catastrophe
ZanStuff Reviewer
Clan: Incredible

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 pm

Decay wrote:SR-50 w/ turning has always been against Compet-N rules, and thus is considered cheating. https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1382220
Not trying to defend anyone here, but what does Compet-N have to do with Zandronums rules exactly?
Youtube Channel
Projects: Super Demon | Idiotic LMS | ZCC | Cata WeaponZ

Currently hooked on Overwatch and PUBattlegrounds.

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Decay wrote:Yes I am a prime example of what's wrong with the forum.
I'm going to repeat it for you:
Leonard wrote:this is about having a clean forum where everyone is free to post without immediatly being called a retard.
And yes, you ARE the prime example of that because you did exactly what I pointed out was wrong in the very next post:
Decay wrote:But then again, you are pretty retarded so I don't expect you to understand this.
Decay wrote:Isn't that your motif? "He asked for it" LOL
This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is what the staff should handle.
I already replied to this case by the way:
Leonard wrote:If I say the rules should apply to everyone then that of course also applies to me and I'm not magically excluding myself.
Decay wrote:and maybe you won't be called a retard. Dipshit.
Excellent logic, you're definitely going to solve it like that.
This is kind of what I meant with "fighting fire with fire" by the way.
Decay wrote:Warnings are for telling people to chill
Yes, but what if said people aren't chilling out after their warnings like you're doing just now?
That's the point of having warnings accumulate, to quote mifu:
mifu wrote:I made it that 5 warnings will send you to probation. Probation will allow you to still post but a moderator must approve it first before anyone else sees it. We will be doing this from now on, instead of suspensions.
Decay wrote:especially you're one to call for master-server bans over attitude, when the rules clearly state (and have for 2 years) you can only be banned for cheating.
No, I was not talking about master-server bans but about forum bans.
To be specific, here's the part I was talking about (you can find this in IdeIdoom's post in this thread)
Be Civil
Treat others with the same kind of respect you wish to be treated with. If that's not very much, treat others with respect anyway.

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:05 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Decay wrote:SR-50 w/ turning has always been against Compet-N rules, and thus is considered cheating. https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1382220
Not trying to defend anyone here, but what does Compet-N have to do with Zandronums rules exactly?
Compet-N is about as official you can get. Now in saying this, I don't know if those rules would've been implemented if we had all the tools we have today, but as far as I know all speed-running records and any official times abide by these rules, and afaik the devs here have followed this lead as well.

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:05 pm

John Zombie wrote:it also enabled SR50 while turning(and possibly some other stuff I'm not aware of)
It did not. Can you provide a source please?
Just to remind you about the turning SR50 case: everyone could do it with a joystick and you did not need a custom binary to do that.

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Leonard wrote:
Decay wrote:Yes I am a prime example of what's wrong with the forum.
I'm going to repeat it for you:
Leonard wrote:this is about having a clean forum where everyone is free to post without immediatly being called a retard.
I
And yes, you ARE the prime example of that because you did exactly what I pointed out was wrong in the very next post:
Decay wrote:But then again, you are pretty retarded so I don't expect you to understand this.
Yea I'll reiterate it for you. Don't post stupid shit, don't get called a retard. Easy game easy life.
Leonard wrote:
Decay wrote:Isn't that your motif? "He asked for it" LOL
This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is what the staff should handle.
I already replied to this case by the way:
Leonard wrote:If I say the rules should apply to everyone then that of course also applies to me and I'm not magically excluding myself.
Decay wrote:and maybe you won't be called a retard. Dipshit.
Excellent logic, you're definitely going to solve it like that.
This is kind of what I meant with "fighting fire with fire" by the way.
You missed the point. I would say you missed it intentionally, but I'm not convinced you know how to read, tbh.
Leonard wrote:
Decay wrote:Warnings are for telling people to chill
Yes, but what if said people aren't chilling out after their warnings like you're doing just now?
That's the point of having warnings accumulate, to quote mifu:
mifu wrote:I made it that 5 warnings will send you to probation. Probation will allow you to still post but a moderator must approve it first before anyone else sees it. We will be doing this from now on, instead of suspensions.
So then what's the problem? Also, I am very chill right now. You are being worked up into frenzy, and it is really amusing to me, along with all your other posts. Where's your supporters? 1 man crusades don't get very far :(
Leonard wrote:
Decay wrote:especially you're one to call for master-server bans over attitude, when the rules clearly state (and have for 2 years) you can only be banned for cheating.
No, I was not talking about master-server bans but about forum bans.
To be specific, here's the part I was talking about (you can find this in IdeIdoom's post in this thread)
http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2635#c14534 This is the kind of attitude you'd bring to staff. Metal is gone, get with the times.
Leonard wrote:
Be Civil
Treat others with the same kind of respect you wish to be treated with. If that's not very much, treat others with respect anyway.
You aren't worth being civil to. You lost your mind the very first time you spoke with me, and to this day I still have no idea what I did to you. Not that I really care, since it's plain you are a whackjob. SMH fam

Catastrophe
ZanStuff Reviewer
Clan: Incredible

Post by Catastrophe » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:12 pm

Decay wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
Compet-N is about as official you can get. Now in saying this, I don't know if those rules would've been implemented if we had all the tools we have today, but as far as I know all speed-running records and any official times abide by these rules, and afaik the devs here have followed this lead as well.
But Compet-N's rules are specifically for single-player speedruns in boom. I don't get how that applies to Zandronum as almost no one uses the port for that purpose.

edit: Gonna be fact checker here, Leonard did not add turning while sr-50 or make it easier in his client, that was in Zandronum itself.
Youtube Channel
Projects: Super Demon | Idiotic LMS | ZCC | Cata WeaponZ

Currently hooked on Overwatch and PUBattlegrounds.

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Catastrophe wrote:
Decay wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:
But Compet-N's rules are specifically for single-player speedruns in boom. I don't get how that applies to Zandronum as almost no one uses the port for that purpose.
*Shrugs* I guess this is a question better suited for the developers and a separate thread in itself.