YAY DRAMA - New rules

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
User avatar
ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#61

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Mobius wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:
So, it's more a matter of what you guys want, let these drama guys into the fórum for audience, or remove these guys, and focusing into a community that actually cares about zandronum content...

Are you implying some of us don't care about the content posted here when we're actively engaging in content being posted?
It's about the threads without drama content
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Mobius
Banned
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:43 am
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Contact:
Banned: Permanently

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#62

Post by Mobius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

ibm5155 wrote:
Mobius wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:
So, it's more a matter of what you guys want, let these drama guys into the fórum for audience, or remove these guys, and focusing into a community that actually cares about zandronum content...

Are you implying some of us don't care about the content posted here when we're actively engaging in content being posted?
It's about the threads without drama content
But you implied people in drama threads don't care about the content.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#63

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 pm

John Zombie wrote:Why on earth you decided to pop out of the blue and stir up this mess against the staff/Decay?
Decay called someone a retard once again and I thought "the staff aren't doing anything once again, maybe I should try to point it out for once".
John Zombie wrote:As far as I know it all started because you claimed Decay deserves to be banned for his posts while the staff does nothing about it
I didn't claim decay should be banned exactly.
I pointed out how the staff didn't take action once again.
All I implied was that they should take action (acknowledging it, talk about it, warn him..).
John Zombie wrote:I don't recall Decay calling you names or doing anything against you before
But that doesn't mean that his behavior is acceptable or that I'm not allowed to criticize him.
John Zombie wrote:what Decay did afterwards is called retaliation(but probably that was exactly what you were aiming for :rolleyes:)
Yes, sure he can defend himself, but why can't he just do it in a civil manner too?
I didn't call Decay a retard.
All I said was simply that his behavior was disgusting and that the staff weren't reacting to it.
Dynamo wrote:Completely ignoring what I said (I pointed out your incoherence), and making a personal attack as a comeback. Low.
You didn't point out anything, you simply told me I was pulling things out of my ass.
I thought YOU were making a personal attack. How was I supposed to reply?
Dynamo wrote:The proof? The proof is in that screenshot I posted: it contains my original PM also. are you blind?
Oh you're saying I'm trolling because I replied to your trolling?
And I'm going to repeat it: yes I got a warning for that, I got what I deserved, I'm not a hypocrite.
If I say the rules should apply to everyone then that of course also applies to me and I'm not magically excluding myself.
So no I'm not trolling if that's why you said that.
Dynamo wrote:I am quite speechless.
I like how you claim I think it's that bad when it should be YOU to think that. You are disgusting for telling someone to go kill themselves, and no back-handed apology can make amend for your disgusting and squalid comment from earlier.
I'm not implying it's not bad, all I simply said is that to me it was just as bad as saying "fuck off" but apparently that isn't the case for you.
People make mistakes you know, but I genuinely simply wanted to say "fuck off" and nothing more.
I'm of course not thinking it literally, just like when people call others retarded (since apparently that's fine by you).

User avatar
Leonard
Developer
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 pm

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#64

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Decay wrote:
Leonard wrote:I didn't claim decay should be banned exactly.
I'm not a hypocrite.
https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2635#c14534
Not in yesterday's post which is what JZ was referring to..

User avatar
Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 907
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am
Location: England
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#65

Post by Samurai » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:31 am

I'm guessing this all stems from the Galactus ban, heh.

For all the people who didn't know. Our good friend Leonard here was this great community member that was distributing the hacks/cheats/exploits that Galactus was banned for. Just to state the obvious, the sheer audacity of a guy distributing hacks, and to get away with it, to start crying/backseat modding on the forums about peoples behaviour is quite fucking incredible. Also, funny how Leonard has dodged every question relating to the hack distribution on here so far.

Since I'm guessing Galactus was his little buddy on here, this is probably the true cause of his little outburst here on the forum in recent days, and the rest is some bullshit charade to try and cover up his intentions to attempt to get Decay banned.

And just to top if off, he is complaining that staff don't do anything, or turn a blind eye to it... Sorry buddy, but for a guy who distributed hacks, and somehow got away with it (with the same staff who you are criticizing), it is pretty damn rich of you to be piping up with shit like this. If I were you, I'd be considering myself damn lucky that I wasn't banned here myself for all the damage you have caused this community.

User avatar
Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:32 am
Location: House Ylisse
Clan: Endgame
Clan Tag: [EG]

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#66

Post by Zakken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 am

ibm5155 wrote:It's sad that almost all the community is only viewing the threads because of shit posting/drama, it's like an reality show, where you only watch the program because there's a group of people doing drama (don't giving a :igor: for the program content), and when these drama guys go out the show, the audience goes to zero.

So, it's more a matter of what you guys want, let these drama guys into the fórum for audience, or remove these guys, and focusing into a community that actually cares about zandronum content...
Drama has always been a great call for activity, and not just here, but anywhere else on the internet. You saying "people should be active towards things that actually matter :(" doesn't help jack. If you feel that Zandronum content that matches your interests does not get enough attention, that's certainly not because "people only care about drama", but because whatever you're into simply does not have what it takes to earn the activity you wish for.
♕RoSK1ng♕ wrote:dastan is too smart for you just stop trying to comprehend water

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#67

Post by mifu » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 am

Ok gents, time to put the keyboards down and chill for a few.

Despite this thread being about a change in rules to hopefully make things fair, its turned into a shit fest. Its pretty disappointing but Im not cleaning this mess up.

Nah you see, I am a firm believer that as this an M rated game, and a M rated community ya all should be able to sort shit out. Anyways enough with the bickering.
All of you have good points till the point where its just a stupid argument. If people want me to turn this place in to a "play nice" or an SJW forum then you are in the wrong neighborhood.

As stated, all I see is people firing shots and having a petty argument. It needs to stop. This rule may get reverted or revamped as well because quite honestly... I have never should have done it but we were left with no other choice based on deliberations.

I had a chat to Decay about all of this too and now I am going to make something clear.

Decays posting will chill. If it does not then action will be taken however hes not 100% to blame for most of this stuff.
Anyone or any post pertaining to how he should be removed, silenced, or anyone else for that matter, will be viewed as backseat moderation and would be best if you simply use the report button or privately contact the staff (as opposed to posting about it publicly or arguing) or...

Image

I'll leave this open if any of you want to ask questions or provide feedback on this (honestly Im all ears) but keep it civil or..... just stare at that picture, you know what I mean.

Cheers.

User avatar
ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Posts: 742
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:56 pm
Location: Ukraine
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#68

Post by ZZYZX » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:18 am

Guys I find it quite ironical that thread about stopping drama got 4 pages of drama in one day.
Also no idea why people are hating Decay here. Like earlier I've noticed that honestly people don't even listen to him. Not even A3. No matter how aggressive his posting is.

User avatar
Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 918
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]
Contact:

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#69

Post by Doomkid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am

Ænima wrote:Doom is slowly dying out
I have NEVER ONCE heard that in the last 16 years.

Literally not a single time.

User avatar
Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 3482
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#70

Post by Ænima » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Doomkid wrote:
Ænima wrote:Doom is slowly dying out
I have NEVER ONCE heard that in the last 16 years.

Literally not a single time.
I suppose its a matter of how optimistic you are. But in terms of population size and the variety of game types being played, multiplayer Doom has become a very narrow experience nowadays.

Not to mention that at least 60% of the cool players I used to hang out with on a regular basis are gone now. :/
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay twists for survival / coop !


ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 2558
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 am

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#71

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Ænima wrote:
Doomkid wrote:
Ænima wrote:Doom is slowly dying out
I have NEVER ONCE heard that in the last 16 years.

Literally not a single time.
I suppose its a matter of how optimistic you are. But in terms of population size and the variety of game types being played, multiplayer Doom has become a very narrow experience nowadays.

Not to mention that at least 60% of the cool players I used to hang out with on a regular basis are gone now. :/
Just because your friends are gone != Doom dying.

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#72

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Can you just make a button to ignore a user?
Everyone will have the opportunity to filter the information on the personal discretion. And not to see that "evil asshole" wrote. :razz:

P.S. Show must go on! Drama forever!

User avatar
Sean
IRC Operator
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#73

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Doomenator wrote:Can you just make a button to ignore a user?
https://zandronum.com/forum/ucp.php?i=u ... &mode=foes
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

User avatar
Doomenator
Forum Regular
Posts: 294
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:27 am

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#74

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Apparently not everyone knows about it.
The presence of [ignor] button next to [report] and [reply] will simplify the task.

User avatar
ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#75

Post by ibm5155 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:48 pm

I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

EDIT: about the foes solution, if someone quote the foes post, do you see the quote message?
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#76

Post by mifu » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:54 pm

ibm5155 wrote:I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

EDIT: about the foes solution, if someone quote the foes post, do you see the quote message?
Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)

As for your Foes question, I am unsure as it has not been tested. Wanna try it :O

User avatar
Sean
IRC Operator
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#77

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:59 pm

mifu wrote: Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)
I can do that with a stock client :cool:
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

User avatar
ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 1640
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:32 pm
Location: Somewhere, over the rainbow

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#78

Post by ibm5155 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:29 am

mifu wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:I see many people playing with the button "You spread a hack build...", ehm, is that talk all about that weapon drop bug?

EDIT: about the foes solution, if someone quote the foes post, do you see the quote message?
Yes, it refers to a custom client that was distributed by Leonard that allowed the client to drop a weapon on a server even though drop is disabled by default in competitive gamemodes (from what I understand, but if im wrong feel free to correct me)

As for your Foes question, I am unsure as it has not been tested. Wanna try it :O
But I can't ignore an admin :| (From what I read), k I'll do a test with Fused (idk if he counts as admin and a special case)

EDIT: K, I ignored the most quoted guy from this thread (I belive [ just for testing :lol: ]), I can't see any post he made, but I can see all the quotes people made from his posts, like here
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 864#p95864
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 878#p95878
https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 881#p95881

EDIT2: I was looking at the trash topic, and I saw this:

Code: Select all

*****, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
Display this post. 
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1075
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#79

Post by mifu » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:50 am

Looks like it cant be done without modifying some stuff then. Lets be honest though, do I really need to implement something like that?

Now I actually took a chance to read this whole thread in detail once it calmed down and I am now free to address some points made (filtering all the shit out hopefully)

Lets start of with the "RIP forum activity" thing. It's quite correct. All the activity is generated by drama and makes the forums interesting. This is not to say that we dont care about the purpose of what this forum is for. We do but whats the point if the forum is inactive. A while back, we were stricter on this and I feel this has left a negative impact hence why its a bit lax now and you can call things how it is (and people will respond accordingly)

Now lets address a post further up made my Leonard. Mainly about me apparently "sucking at my job"
Leonard wrote:Sorry to put it that way but this can only either be bias, complete incompetence or even both and this is simply unacceptable.
I'm not sure what it is, but this is not the only example: just look at this one post above.
And the forum is just full of these.
When do you start doing your job?? Or maybe you actually are biased?
Some people agreed with me on the fact that this forum have become a trash for the past few months and as a result said people are now simply silent or don't even read the forum at all anymore which is sad.
Lets see. I'm not biased at all. The staff here is also not biased. Hell Raz hangs with Decay and A3 (which lets be honest, you seem to have a problem with right now) and hes not biased. We have a good team. I had also pointed out that I talked to Decay about this before you decided to notify us about one of his posts asking if he got punished despite the fact we were way past that.

For Reference allow me (yet again) advise how this started. He said that someone signature is retarded due to the size of it. Note that this is an opinion and everyone is entitled to that (including you and me and everyone else.) Decay gets blamed by Slim for calling him a retard though Decay never said this. This is probably why Slim got that bad response. Yea ok, I do agree Decay could tone it done and be more diplomatic however hes not 100% at fault for this.

Of course you come in being like a back seat mod telling him how it is. I wouldn't play the past card either because quite honestly, anyone can play the past card. If it was recent then yea alright, you have a point. But past infractions dont get considered when banning someone. It caused issues in the past and normally the community itself seems to handle people with a bad past well.

Look, right now you come of as having hatred for Decay. I can smell the hatred from here all the way in aussieland and thats fine. As Rustking pointed out you have not sat in a staff channel where we decide things. This also is in relation to banning anyone or punishing anyone. Moderators here use their discretion and are encouraged to do so while being fair. We also disagree with each-other all the time. Point is, your "nothings getting done" thing is wrong though that's my opinion to yours, take it how you like. Decay has probably been in a lot of chats and what not lots of times and got a lot of warnings.

Now I am all ears when it comes to suggestions, feedback, you screwed up but I reckon you should do this feedback etc. You have only just said, we are biased or incompetent because Decay is not punished through your eyes and made it known that you do not like it one bit. Seeing as we are here and I got around to read this properly (because I was not going to till it became chill, honestly) is I want to ask you a serious question Leonard. You can answer how you like.

My question is, I i were to resign tomorrow and be all like "Yo Leonard, your admin now. Congrats and have a nice day. If you don't want to be admin then give it to someone else who will keep this place running and alive" Would you take it, and tell me how you would be better then me? Seeing as you don't think I do a good job, especially at this particular issue, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts. This is also to not start more drama or an argument (so everyone else, keep it civil please or warnings will be handed out) but I do want to know what would you do then, if I am apparently terrible.

Anyways thats it. My previous post with the Sans pic still stands. Oh and for future reference (and this goes for anyone) telling someone to kill themselves via a PM or anywhere at all is a very good way for me to not listen to you. Just saying.

User avatar
Redfox123
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Zootopia
Clan: furfags
Clan Tag: furfag
Contact:

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

#80

Post by Redfox123 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am

if i see any trouble i will not have any input
Icelandic her mun sparka rassinn ó bíddu við dont hafa rétta her . fjári
Image
A.k Ω
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=51226

Post Reply