YAY DRAMA - New rules

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Dynamo
Forum Regular

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

Post by Dynamo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:46 pm

Thank you Leonard for further proving my point, and for also proving that it is entirely impossible to have a discussion with you since you are either literally incapable of understanding other people's posts, or you willingly choose to ignore 90% of their content. I don't need to point out where any of what I or Ru5t said because it's just 3 pages in this thread and you could find them immediately if you stopped skimming through posts.

Leonard wrote:And what a valuable input you give us again.
Completely ignoring what I said (I pointed out your incoherence), and making a personal attack as a comeback. Low.
Leonard wrote:Please point to the proof? Aren't you pulling that out of your ass too maybe?
The proof? The proof is in that screenshot I posted: it contains my original PM also. are you blind?
Leonard wrote:
Dynamo wrote:The fact you don't understand the difference between "fuck off" and what you have typed is honestly concerning
That's purely subjective.
I am quite speechless.
Leonard wrote:But alright, if you think it's that bad then sorry, what I truly wanted to express was just a simple "fuck off".
I like how you claim I think it's that bad when it should be YOU to think that. You are disgusting for telling someone to go kill themselves, and no back-handed apology can make amend for your disgusting and squalid comment from earlier.

I don't think I need to address anything further, because any of the replies from Leonard are going to be stuff like this:
Leonard wrote:And what a valuable input you give us again.
Leonard wrote:Because honestly I can't see.
Leonard wrote:Because you replying with "go ahead, leave" was such a productive behavior.
Completely ignoring other people's points while continuing to make personal attacks and passive aggressive statements which do nothing to either contribute to the thread or make his points better understood.

I rest my case. Luke 2.0.

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:50 pm

It's sad that almost all the community is only viewing the threads because of shit posting/drama, it's like an reality show, where you only watch the program because there's a group of people doing drama (don't giving a :igor: for the program content), and when these drama guys go out the show, the audience goes to zero.

So, it's more a matter of what you guys want, let these drama guys into the fórum for audience, or remove these guys, and focusing into a community that actually cares about zandronum content...
Last edited by ibm5155 on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Catastrophe
ZanStuff Reviewer
Clan: Incredible

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:51 pm

ibm5155 wrote:nice, I was editing a post that someone else deleted, k, I'mm off this thread...
Please.... Just stop posting............ No one cares you are getting off this thread.........................
Youtube Channel
Projects: Super Demon | Idiotic LMS | ZCC | Cata WeaponZ

Currently hooked on Overwatch and PUBattlegrounds.

Mobius
Posts a lot
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Post by Mobius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:05 pm

ibm5155 wrote:
So, it's more a matter of what you guys want, let these drama guys into the fórum for audience, or remove these guys, and focusing into a community that actually cares about zandronum content...

Are you implying some of us don't care about the content posted here when we're actively engaging in content being posted?
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:09 pm

ibm5155 wrote:It's sad that almost all the community is only viewing the threads because of shit posting/drama, it's like an reality show, where you only watch the program because there's a group of people doing drama (don't giving a :igor: for the program content), and when these drama guys go out the show, the audience goes to zero.

Thanks for the insight, Morgan

ibm5155
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by ibm5155 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:14 pm

Mobius wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:

Are you implying some of us don't care about the content posted here when we're actively engaging in content being posted?
It's about the threads without drama content
Projects
Cursed Maze: DONE, V2.0
Zombie Horde - ZM09 map update: [3/15/13]
Need help with English? Then you've come to the right place!

<this post is proof of "Decline">

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:16 pm

Leonard wrote: Decay, what about you? Can't you agree? Can you check the very first line of your very first post in this thread? Isn't it about calling someone a retard? Did you get a warning for this? Thought so.
I can't really agree with you on anything since all you are doing is raging and not making any important points. You need to learn what context is. Are you saying we aren't allowed to give our opinion on someone? Looks like that's all you've been doing this thread. Way to prove nothing.

Mobius
Posts a lot
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ

Post by Mobius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:17 pm

ibm5155 wrote:
Mobius wrote:
ibm5155 wrote:

It's about the threads without drama content
But you implied people in drama threads don't care about the content.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:27 pm

John Zombie wrote:Why on earth you decided to pop out of the blue and stir up this mess against the staff/Decay?
Decay called someone a retard once again and I thought "the staff aren't doing anything once again, maybe I should try to point it out for once".
John Zombie wrote:As far as I know it all started because you claimed Decay deserves to be banned for his posts while the staff does nothing about it
I didn't claim decay should be banned exactly.
I pointed out how the staff didn't take action once again.
All I implied was that they should take action (acknowledging it, talk about it, warn him..).
John Zombie wrote:I don't recall Decay calling you names or doing anything against you before
But that doesn't mean that his behavior is acceptable or that I'm not allowed to criticize him.
John Zombie wrote:what Decay did afterwards is called retaliation(but probably that was exactly what you were aiming for :rolleyes:)
Yes, sure he can defend himself, but why can't he just do it in a civil manner too?
I didn't call Decay a retard.
All I said was simply that his behavior was disgusting and that the staff weren't reacting to it.
Dynamo wrote:Completely ignoring what I said (I pointed out your incoherence), and making a personal attack as a comeback. Low.
You didn't point out anything, you simply told me I was pulling things out of my ass.
I thought YOU were making a personal attack. How was I supposed to reply?
Dynamo wrote:The proof? The proof is in that screenshot I posted: it contains my original PM also. are you blind?
Oh you're saying I'm trolling because I replied to your trolling?
And I'm going to repeat it: yes I got a warning for that, I got what I deserved, I'm not a hypocrite.
If I say the rules should apply to everyone then that of course also applies to me and I'm not magically excluding myself.
So no I'm not trolling if that's why you said that.
Dynamo wrote:I am quite speechless.
I like how you claim I think it's that bad when it should be YOU to think that. You are disgusting for telling someone to go kill themselves, and no back-handed apology can make amend for your disgusting and squalid comment from earlier.
I'm not implying it's not bad, all I simply said is that to me it was just as bad as saying "fuck off" but apparently that isn't the case for you.
People make mistakes you know, but I genuinely simply wanted to say "fuck off" and nothing more.
I'm of course not thinking it literally, just like when people call others retarded (since apparently that's fine by you).

Decay
Under Moderation

Post by Decay » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:33 pm

Leonard wrote:I didn't claim decay should be banned exactly.
I'm not a hypocrite.
https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2635#c14534

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:36 pm

Decay wrote:
Leonard wrote:I didn't claim decay should be banned exactly.
I'm not a hypocrite.
https://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2635#c14534
Not in yesterday's post which is what JZ was referring to..

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan Tag: [I]

Post by Samurai » Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:31 am

I'm guessing this all stems from the Galactus ban, heh.

For all the people who didn't know. Our good friend Leonard here was this great community member that was distributing the hacks/cheats/exploits that Galactus was banned for. Just to state the obvious, the sheer audacity of a guy distributing hacks, and to get away with it, to start crying/backseat modding on the forums about peoples behaviour is quite fucking incredible. Also, funny how Leonard has dodged every question relating to the hack distribution on here so far.

Since I'm guessing Galactus was his little buddy on here, this is probably the true cause of his little outburst here on the forum in recent days, and the rest is some bullshit charade to try and cover up his intentions to attempt to get Decay banned.

And just to top if off, he is complaining that staff don't do anything, or turn a blind eye to it... Sorry buddy, but for a guy who distributed hacks, and somehow got away with it (with the same staff who you are criticizing), it is pretty damn rich of you to be piping up with shit like this. If I were you, I'd be considering myself damn lucky that I wasn't banned here myself for all the damage you have caused this community.

Zakken
Forum Regular

Post by Zakken » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:27 am

ibm5155 wrote:It's sad that almost all the community is only viewing the threads because of shit posting/drama, it's like an reality show, where you only watch the program because there's a group of people doing drama (don't giving a :igor: for the program content), and when these drama guys go out the show, the audience goes to zero.

Drama has always been a great call for activity, and not just here, but anywhere else on the internet. You saying "people should be active towards things that actually matter :(" doesn't help jack. If you feel that Zandronum content that matches your interests does not get enough attention, that's certainly not because "people only care about drama", but because whatever you're into simply does not have what it takes to earn the activity you wish for.
* Determination.

mifu
Lead Administrator
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:54 am

Ok gents, time to put the keyboards down and chill for a few.

Despite this thread being about a change in rules to hopefully make things fair, its turned into a shit fest. Its pretty disappointing but Im not cleaning this mess up.

Nah you see, I am a firm believer that as this an M rated game, and a M rated community ya all should be able to sort shit out. Anyways enough with the bickering.
All of you have good points till the point where its just a stupid argument. If people want me to turn this place in to a "play nice" or an SJW forum then you are in the wrong neighborhood.

As stated, all I see is people firing shots and having a petty argument. It needs to stop. This rule may get reverted or revamped as well because quite honestly... I have never should have done it but we were left with no other choice based on deliberations.

I had a chat to Decay about all of this too and now I am going to make something clear.

Decays posting will chill. If it does not then action will be taken however hes not 100% to blame for most of this stuff.
Anyone or any post pertaining to how he should be removed, silenced, or anyone else for that matter, will be viewed as backseat moderation and would be best if you simply use the report button or privately contact the staff (as opposed to posting about it publicly or arguing) or...

I'll leave this open if any of you want to ask questions or provide feedback on this (honestly Im all ears) but keep it civil or..... just stare at that picture, you know what I mean.

Cheers.

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:18 am

Guys I find it quite ironical that thread about stopping drama got 4 pages of drama in one day.
Also no idea why people are hating Decay here. Like earlier I've noticed that honestly people don't even listen to him. Not even A3. No matter how aggressive his posting is.

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:21 am

Ænima wrote:Doom is slowly dying out
I have NEVER ONCE heard that in the last 16 years.

Literally not a single time.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:20 pm

Doomkid wrote:

I suppose its a matter of how optimistic you are. But in terms of population size and the variety of game types being played, multiplayer Doom has become a very narrow experience nowadays.

Not to mention that at least 60% of the cool players I used to hang out with on a regular basis are gone now. :/
Image ­ ­
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: Doom64 and Diablo2 had a baby

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community
Squad Radio: a WASD-powered chat menu, add your own sounds
AeniPuffs: neat blood and puff effects

Catastrophe
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Ænima wrote:
Doomkid wrote:

I suppose its a matter of how optimistic you are. But in terms of population size and the variety of game types being played, multiplayer Doom has become a very narrow experience nowadays.

Not to mention that at least 60% of the cool players I used to hang out with on a regular basis are gone now. :/
Just because your friends are gone != Doom dying.
Youtube Channel
Projects: Super Demon | Idiotic LMS | ZCC | Cata WeaponZ

Currently hooked on Overwatch and PUBattlegrounds.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Can you just make a button to ignore a user?
Everyone will have the opportunity to filter the information on the personal discretion. And not to see that "evil asshole" wrote. :razz:

P.S. Show must go on! Drama forever!

Sean
Zandronum Tester
Clan Tag: [TSPG]

Post by Sean » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:47 pm

Doomenator wrote:Can you just make a button to ignore a user?
https://zandronum.com/forum/ucp.php?i=u ... &mode=foes

Code: Select all

<Decay> csnxs try being less bitter and actually helpful to the community, thanks