YAY DRAMA - New rules

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

YAY DRAMA - New rules

Post by mifu » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:03 am

Hello fellow zandronumers.

I hope things are working out at the moment, but I need to address something. Lately I have been noticing an influx of shit posting and in particular some provocative behavior from some people.

Then people like to ask me "oh why is this guy not banned yet, hes done terrible things." The thing is when people decide to fire a shot at someone, and you get a shitty response from that person back.. its quite warranted in most cases.

You all bring up Decay as being someone that should be banned based on the past and his posting as it is now. When I read through this, while I agree that Decay could change his posting though, ive noticed a few instances where he was provoked or called out on. Most people who also use the past argument does not have a clean track record either (Note that I used *MOST*, huge difference)

But don't worry, I'll level with you guys. I have asked the rest of the forum staff (well those who saw my message) to basically hand out punishments for anyone who contributes to any sort of drama. This also includes retaliation (if your post just adds fuel to the fire)

If you are going to retaliate, then do so in a civil manner. If you cant do this, then report the post as all of you should be doing anyways, and let the forum staff take care of it.
This way both parties are held responsible. I don't mind if you want to say anything you want. Hell you can call something retarded, its an opinion. But if its going to turn into a shit posting fest then forget it, its not gonna happen.

Now I know most here hate Decay a-lot so with this in mind, do not provoke him on purpose. If you are going to try to get him banned on purpose then I will simply... do nothing. Play by the rules or get nothing. Simple.

Also the warning system has changed. I cant do warning levels on this software so what I have done is, I made it that 5 warnings will send you to probation. Probation will allow you to still post but a moderator must approve it first before anyone else sees it. We will be doing this from now on, instead of suspensions.

I hope this helps and if you got any questions, feedback or whatever please post here. Keep it civil however. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry Decay for using you as an example, but you are a common conversation now :| Oh I need to chat to you about this too so please message me when you get a chance.

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Re: YAY DRAMA - New rules

Post by Slyfox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:32 am

So tl:dr, Decay is the school bully and should be left alone, lest we all want broken windows; Both kids get suspended in a fight regardless of who started it? And instead of getting suspended, you're stuck in detention all day.

Awwww snap

I'm gonna miss the battles between two parties and letting it sort itself out by someone scurrying away, but oh well.

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:36 am

Mifu wrote:Also the warning system has changed. I cant do warning levels on this software so what I have done is, I made it that 5 warnings will send you to probation. Probation will allow you to still post but a moderator must approve it first before anyone else sees it. We will be doing this from now on, instead of suspensions.
How dastardly evil of you. You are a cheeky and devious little administrator and you know full well being banned is preferential over being put on Moderator Preview because then you're literally at the mercy of whoever is reading it while you must monitor your behavior. You can confound the issue with how ever long you wish to have them being toyed with as you simultaneously have posting privileges dangled over you. It's like having the privilege but not the freedom.

The rest I do not agree since I prefer a community to regulate itself and its members, but I will say a moderator splitting derailing posting is the only time intervention is necessary. Then again I don't care about other people's feelings when it comes to them shitting up the place, but Decay should definitely be more diplomatic.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 am

rip forum activity

CloudFlash
Zandrone

Post by CloudFlash » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:31 am

I very much approve of this, some posts were just ridiculously angsty about him breathing. Also being probed seems like a great idea, when compared to banhammer ;3

Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]

Post by Doomkid » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:11 am

I'm confused by this thread

I mean I'm usually confused anyway but still

EDIT: Is there one post/thread in particular that brought this on?

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:15 am

Drama makes the forum worth reading, for me anyway.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:29 pm

You're all pussies, ignore Decay and move on if he bothers you that much.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Mobius
Banned
Location: The center of the A3's controversial and machiavellian conspiracy
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: Aᵌ
Banned: Permanently

Post by Mobius » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:47 pm

Ænima wrote:You're all pussies, ignore Decay and move on if he bothers you that much.
You should probably be careful throwing around irony like that.
dewsome: i can do this all day
dewsome: do you think you're somehow special? i spent years arguing with nostar, jenova, mobius
<+Thomas13> Mobius u r inferior, go outside and get beaten up
Alfonzo ~ "I wonder who will hear him trash talk when the dirt closes over him?"

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Mobius wrote:
Ænima wrote:You're all pussies, ignore Decay and move on if he bothers you that much.
You should probably be careful throwing around irony like that.
I've been a drama whore in the past but I no longer hold grudges against anyone in the community, including you. I even supported unbanning you, and I'm against banning people like Decay until they truly do something destructive towards the community.

Doom is slowly dying out and I just wanna have fun while I can.
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:40 pm

I guess this thread was opened because of:
Leonard wrote:Quick reminder for anyone who would like to pull the "oh but he's only responding to retards" bullshit: it does NOT change the fact that it is INAPPROPRIATE and AGAINST THE RULES which the staff is supposedly here to ENFORCE.
Seeing how he got away with spreading exes filled with cheats/exploits/whatever for quite some time I think he's not in a position to give lectures about rules enforcement/disgusting attitudes :rolleyes:

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Alright let's do this.
First I'm going to reply to what you said in the split because that's why this was made in the first place if I understand correctly.
mifu wrote:From what I am reading, decay is not doing anything wrong but it seems people who dislike him, have been indeed well.. provoking the dragon if you will.
Oh the irony.
Okay so let me recap what I said in the post you quoted:
  • I point out that the staff are completely blind and taking no action on decay's behavior.
  • To prove myself, I point out how decay himself called someone a retard literally on the exact same thread
  • After quoting all of this, you do EXACTLY what I pointed out in the first point: decay called someone a retard and all you can say is "decay is not doing anything wrong"
H.. how?.. Why?..
If you think I somehow provoked him, please re-read the thread and the split and you will notice that before he insulted someone of being a retard, I did not post a single time.

Now back to this thread:
mifu wrote:If you are going to retaliate, then do so in a civil manner.
Which is what I did in the thread you split.
All I did was simply point out how the staff aren't reacting to decay violating the rules.

I'm stunned because all you do is shut down the people who try to point out how you're doing a terrible job about decay so far but not decay's posts.
And to prove what I'm saying again:
This very post was shown as an example in JWarrier's thread and it is still not removed to this day.
Yet JWarrier's thread was locked within a day.
How do you manage that? The linked post is CLEARLY a violation of the rules.
Sorry to put it that way but this can only either be bias, complete incompetence or even both and this is simply unacceptable.
I'm not sure what it is, but this is not the only example: just look at this one post above.
And the forum is just full of these.
When do you start doing your job?? Or maybe you actually are biased?
Some people agreed with me on the fact that this forum have become a trash for the past few months and as a result said people are now simply silent or don't even read the forum at all anymore which is sad.
mifu wrote:Now I know most here hate Decay a-lot so with this in mind, do not provoke him on purpose.
I personally am not angry at Decay, I see plenty of people like him, and he probably knows this.
If there's anything that should make me angry, it's how the staff are simply blind to this all.
Like I already said, all I pointed out was how the staff aren't even reacting.
mifu wrote:and let the forum staff take care of it.
Why? So that we can have another Decay wandering around freely?
If the staff was actually taking care of it and it was enough, I wouldn't be here posting this in the first place.
mifu wrote:If you are going to try to get him banned on purpose then I will simply... do nothing.
So like.. always?
You're going to do nothing like the numerous times alien was called "autism-overlord"?
Why should I stop posting then?
It would literally make no difference.

This has been going on for simply too long.
John Zombie wrote:I think he's not in a position to give lectures about rules enforcement/disgusting attitudes :rolleyes:
Says you.
Please kindly go back to calling everyone a retard, you are quite clearly part of the problem.
Last edited by Leonard on Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:26 pm

It's just within peoples characteristics to wind people up, Decay and certain others ruin the atmosphere of the forum but they are too far gone to ever concede defeat or change their attitude, even on dw I wasn't allowed my completely inofensive opinion without him piping up, I could and do ignore though. And this isn't sarcasm, idc about this forum or doom anymore.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:40 pm

Another IQ joke from decay fuck me...

Slyfox
ZanStuff Reviewer

Post by Slyfox » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:55 pm

I could honestly care less about the attitude part, but to say that he kills the activity in the forums... the views on all of these says otherwise. I've said it before that Decay, although apparently 'disliked' [and by disliked I mean by a few random people whose names I've never seen outside the forums], He's one of the very few reasons these forums are interesting to read, lmao

Dynamo

Post by Dynamo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Leonard wrote:This has been going on for simply too long.
I agree, why don't you leave already so we can put an end to this? Nobody is interested in your crusades for justice on the forums.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:12 pm

@Leonard:

So you expect the staff to take the time to split every single perceived offensive post?

Use discretion yourself instead of leaving it up to the staff. Splitting someone's posts doesn't take back what they said either, unless their post gets outright deleted. You'll still be able to see what they said in the Trash and your feelings will still continue to be hurt.

Decay is an asshole. Is he "right" most of the time? More than half the time, I think he is. Does he beat dead horses? Yeah he brings up SgtMark and FSR quite a bit especially when it's irrelevant. Does he deserve to be banned? Not at the moment, no. End of discussion.

ZandroSkins

John Zombie
Forum Regular

Post by John Zombie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Leonard wrote:
John Zombie wrote:I think he's not in a position to give lectures about rules enforcement/disgusting attitudes :rolleyes:
Says you.
Please kindly go back to calling everyone a retard, you are quite clearly part of the problem.
I have no idea about what you're trying to prove with those posts of mine you linked, but last I checked calling out someone for acting plain stupid wasn't a bannable offense, spreading hacks on the other hand... :rolleyes:

TL;DR there certainly is someone still allowed to be around by the staff despite his shenanigans... and it's not decay :wink:

Leonard
Developer

Post by Leonard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Ænima wrote:So you expect the staff to take the time to split every single perceived offensive post?
Yes, because that's what they're here for maybe?
Ænima wrote:You'll still be able to see what they said in the Trash
Which is where these posts belong: in the trash.
You could say the same about Decay's posts, but no, instead, because of bias or incompetence the staff felt Decay calling someone a retard was somewhat more valuable than a thread made to discuss his ban.
Ænima wrote:Does he deserve to be banned? Not at the moment, no. End of discussion.
Okay sure. And you decide because?
Decay wrote:I also appreciate how you hung back from posting until directly called upon like the little bitch you are.
If you read the split thread you'd know I was planning to post since this way before so please stop pulling things out of your ass like always.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:34 pm

@decay "Forum is better off, collective IQ raised at least 30% when people like him vacated. "

Can't even remember what you wrote 5 minutes ago you dumb fuck. You call others retards as your go to insult but you are literaly the biggest mong here. Are you quite shy in real life and have to make up for it here?