We Want your Feedback!

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
mifu
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Clan: Demon RiderZ

We Want your Feedback!

Post by mifu » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:28 am

Hello fellow Zandronumers!

So its almost a year. Alot of stuff has changed around here from staff to new additions on the forums. I feel the general mood of the community is also better :)

That being said, im sure we have fucked up a fair bit too. This is the purpose of this thread. I would like to know how you guys find us, like are we doing our jobs properly? Are we kind? Are we good? Anything we can improve on? all of that good stuff.

I might make this a yearly thing as well where I will make a thread about this. I would like some feedback on what you guys think about the staff.

@Staff, feel free to post in here letting me know how well im doing my job too :P

Just remember though guys, keep it civil and we can have a friendly chat.

Cheers.

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

RE: We Want your Feedback!

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:34 am

This is skulltag for me, but enchanced :P

I love your work guys so keep it up! Your work on keeping the order is really good, I hope that you can hold it for more time.
Everyone wants happiness without pain, but you cant have a rainbow without a rain.

I'm working in the Shotgun Frenzy Plus mod in my free time.
Yes, I have a pet that helps me to build doom projects, the Pack-O-Daemon, ain't it cute?.

Spoiler: My Other zandro stuff! (Open)

Samuzero15tlh

Tux
Forum Regular

Post by Tux » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:42 am

it's ok
dear diary, tux today was a faggot again[/size]

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:48 am

I think it's been going in a great direction, we got 2.0 out this year, some new moderators (Term and Fused), and no REAL crazy shitstorm has happened so far this year. As for staff performance, I think you're all doing pretty good. I can't really find anything to nitpick you about, sorry. :lol:

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

Combinebobnt

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:08 am

Happy birthday infurnus he makes good 8 bit midis and forgot to feed igor

watakid is a very good new admin, he has a ton of bans, so that might make him the best admin

tta is a good admin he has alot of bans and warnings so that makes him good. Hard working admin, 8 bans a day.

mifu is cool he hosts all fear the something

ruin is cool, last online today!, not inactive, very active

fused is a cool new wdi admin

legion is cool he played skulltag in 2010

mazter qyou is cool, he is an admin and not an admin at the same time, subzero

terminusest13 is a cool new admin, learning to be an admin so he won't be bad (make sure to ban, its required!)

goymoire is a cool admin kosher, nobody knows hes an irc admin

konar6 is a cool admin euro, he hosts fnf through a computer machine automated by the computer machine brain god

Themistercat is a cool old wdi admin, nobody knows he is an admin except me, so he can teach fused the master ways of wdi and bans

blzut3, dusk, edward-san, zalewa, and torr samaho aren't admins, but without them you wouldn't be playing zandronum

argentum said add: watermelon, cata, that 1 guy who made the 3d floors, that other guy who made the ticket, that other guy who coded something, someone who submitted some code, and the other guy, as well as linkbot, they are cool devs and stuff i think sure

argentum said: chanserv gameserv nickserv memoserv opserv banserv killserv gline hline oline pline xline xxxline aline wline xline google bot yahoo! bot bing bot ask! bot and other search engine bots, these are just machines but they make irc work, stop telling me to add stuff

wartorn stipsi hexvulture alice dark-assassin disguise heavenwraith cyber metalhead dynamo zap610 qent remmiwraith essel tiger tihan goliath rivecoder supergod notsosupergod lessthansupergod http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Skulltag#The_Skulltag_team http://wiki.zandronum.com/Credits : arg stop telling me to add past admins
Last edited by Combinebobnt on Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:02 am

Combinebobnt wrote:
ruin is cool, last online today!, not inactive, very active
Always lurking friend.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

ZZYZX
Posts a lot
Clan: A3
Clan Tag: [A3]

Post by ZZYZX » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:02 am

Please return LORD IGOR.
Everything else is awesome.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:38 am

The forum itself could use a bit of an upgrade or tweak. Although, these days there is nobody around who can do it.
The template is old and outdated and the addons of mine that are still being used is grossly outdated. (Looking at you Latest Active Threads)

Pretty much everything else Zandronum wise is fine for me.
Last edited by Dark-Assassin on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:52 am

You guys are the best administration so far, imo.

Sean
IRC Operator

Post by Sean » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 pm

Good port that keeps getting better. I play very in[/size]frequently.

Admins are cool.
Devs are cool.

#armada is best
<capodecima> i dont say any more word without my loyer jenova

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks for the feedback so far guys.

Glad we are doing something right :razz:

I would like to address a couple of things.
Decay wrote: Mifu, you've done a good job so far, keep it up, and don't let other people tell you to behave like certain previous admins. You see the problems it made, don't let it happen to you!
Thanks Decay :)

I do need to address the second point you made about people telling me to be more strict or otherwise be more like <insert name here>

I gota be honest, ever since I was staff back in skulltag (as an irc op) I could notice... what would I call it.. tension? Yea I think thats the word. There appeared to be tension between the community and the staff, which in turn would have a negative effect on the Devs.

It's been a while so I dont remember the exact details but in all honestly things are looking good around here now. Things are a lot calmer. The people who have advised me to act like a former admin recently should actually post in this thread but I'm going to make this crystal clear.

Sure, I can act all I want but then what? I am quite sure if I were to act as someone else and not be myself would have a negative effect on the community so no I am not going to become someone else just because someone has either offended you or whatever it may be.

I am not going to fix what is not broken. By all means though give me suggestions (thats the reason this thread popped up) but dont expect me to change into someone else. It wont happen.
Dark-Assassin wrote: The forum itself could use a bit of an upgrade or tweak. Although, these days there is nobody around who can do it.
The template is old and outdated and the addons of mine that are still being used is grossly outdated. (Looking at you Latest Active Threads)
Yea this is something I wouldn't mind getting done, but the issue here is there's so much shit that's integrated with the forums it can be easy to break something.

I think I'll have a chat to the devs about some upgrades though as I do think its long overdue as well.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:53 am

mifu wrote:
Dark-Assassin wrote: The forum itself could use a bit of an upgrade or tweak. Although, these days there is nobody around who can do it.
Yea this is something I wouldn't mind getting done, but the issue here is there's so much shit that's integrated with the forums it can be easy to break something.

I think I'll have a chat to the devs about some upgrades though as I do think its long overdue as well.
Possibly a post-liking system? :wink:

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:02 am

Catastrophe wrote:
mifu wrote:

Possibly a post-liking system? :wink:
Can't see that ending well here, unless it's like a "I found this post helpful" wording. I'd hate to see the forums turn into Facebook where arguments become Like wars, or relive the lulzy Skulltag "karma" days.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

FateLord
Forum Regular

Post by FateLord » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 am

Catastrophe wrote: Possibly a post-liking system? :wink:
and a dislike system ???
Last edited by FateLord on Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Sean> .broadcast FateLord has a massive, hard wallhack
<Exciter> Global broadcast sent.

agaures
Forum Regular

Post by agaures » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:46 am

FateLord wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Possibly a post-liking system? :wink:
and a dislike system ???
Now now, we don't want people realising how bad they are.
<agaures> I'm guessing you haven't played many doom mods before huh? :p
<Zuplin> i have played master of puppets zombies doom center and a couple more
<agaures> so not many
<Zuplin> i thought that was everything

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:59 am

Lol those Karma days were hilarious.

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:42 am

Some of the recent additions to staff see a little pointless to me in all honesty.

Also TTA for doesn't feel like a serious admin for me personally. Don't mean to sound like a dick but for me he lacks any authority to be a respectable forum admin. After a thread with a little drama thread has just gone down and he comes walking into a thread with the "I'm going to hand out warnings", it makes me want to laugh more than not wanting to post in fear of being 'warned'. For a forum admin I would have thought you need to people to abide by and respect what you say.

I do like TTA for the record, just thought I'd be honest.

Lollipop
Zandrone

Post by Lollipop » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:02 pm

I have to agree with Samurai, coming in and saying "I have power! Don't do what I don't want you to!" won't really acomplish anything, and just makes him kind of stand out as an oddball on the staff list. I don't have anything against TTA, and I think he is doing an honest effort to keep things from going to... where it has been.

Regarding a liking system: Please no, people just can't handle that, especially because their names won't be attached to their button presses.
Spoiler: Modding Qualifications (Open)
ACS: If it's of ridiculous scope and of suicide-inducing complexity then it's the thing for me.
DECORATE: I can make more or less any godawful hack I need. Doesn't mean it works, though.
Maps: I only map for testing ACS.
GFX: Not enough time or experience.

If you need help, advice or similar, feel free to send me a PM. ;)
Spoiler: My Current Projects (Open)
> ZMemory
> Various undeveloped ideas. (This one is an immutable fact)
Combinebobnt wrote:i can see the forum league is taking off much better than the ctf ones
GalactusToday at 1:07 PM
are you getting uncomfortable jap
feeling something happen down there

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

Post by Samurai » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:53 pm

What, that wasn't what I was implying at all.

Maybe I've worded it wrongly. For me TTA comes across as a decent person (a rarity in this community), probably too nice to be a "respected" forum admin. I just feel that if TTA scolded me for something I said on here, I wouldn't take much notice as to say if when Metal/James were around to warn people. That isn't a bad thing, and I hope he doesn't take it in a negative way.

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:44 pm

Samurai wrote: Some of the recent additions to staff see a little pointless to me in all honesty.

Also TTA for doesn't feel like a serious admin for me personally. Don't mean to sound like a dick but for me he lacks any authority to be a respectable forum admin. After a thread with a little drama thread has just gone down and he comes walking into a thread with the "I'm going to hand out warnings", it makes me want to laugh more than not wanting to post in fear of being 'warned'. For a forum admin I would have thought you need to people to abide by and respect what you say.

I do like TTA for the record, just thought I'd be honest.
I don't get this much considering TTA does a decent amount of staff work when it comes to warnings and bans. Regardless I don't imagine how anyone could emit authority over the internet of all things.
<PUN1SH3R> Cube has a magnetic effect
<PUN1SH3R> all other clans are in orbit with us, they just dont know it
<PUN1SH3R> occasionally cube will pull a player into it's system
[Quote=DwangoUnited Website] Eyes has tainted the DWANGO name in World of Warcraft. Eyes owes several thousand gold to friends that offered to loan it to him. He's since cut us off completely, and is not planning on gaming or paying back what he owes leaving DWANGO United with the debt. You have hurt us in more ways than you can know, pal. I hope you're happy that we've bent over backwards for you. Thanks for paying us back with a spit in the face and a cold shoulder. By the way pal, your bfg skills suck ass.[/quote]
09:08 <Shane_> It's better being a cuck
09:08 <Shane_> Trust me, you'll learn one day