Staff Introductions

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Staff Introductions

Post by Metal » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:08 am

This is a thread to introduce yourselves as staff. Who you are and what you're doing as a staff member. Developers included. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm Metal, one of the lead administrators of Zandronum. I was previously an administrator in Skulltag for about 4 or 5 years. Took a long needed break and here I am.

I will be managing the community forums, a select few servers, IRC and the master server.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

RE: Staff Introductions

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 am

TTA here. I jumped on the staff back in October via Cyber's recommendation. I pretty much stick to modding forums and #zandronum. I'm actually a pretty laid-back guy, so really, don't be afraid to approach.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zap610

Post by Zap610 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:11 am

I'm Zack "Zap610" and I'm an alcoholic. I've been in Doom Connector in 03, joined the ST community in 05, got banned in 06, promoted in 07, and here I am today. I stuck around because I think Zandronum can flourish and I'd like to help make it happen.

Tribeam

Post by Tribeam » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:17 am

I'm Tribeam, IRC Operator, I manage the IRC and help people with any IRC related matters.

I've been in the doom community for a very very long time(I don't have an exact year amount but it was before Doom Connector even existed)

I've been on the Skulltag staff for about a year now.

I'm a jack of all trades and a master of none, I was also known as the ACS guru of skulltag. and I have very extensive knowledge in zdoom modding.

I'm also maybe gonna be helping code Tihan's server browser.
I'm currently resurrecting my Monopoly wad(that probably still wont get finished).
I know C#.
I know nothing of linux.
I play games.
I'm shutting up now.
Cheers.
Last edited by Tribeam on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium

Post by esselfortium » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:21 am

I'm Esselfortium, as you can probably gather by the little nametag to the side of this post. I'm involved with this project as a contributor of official packaged content, leading the included SpaceDM9 deathmatch mapset project, which began as an addon for SkullTag. I design maps, create and compile resources, and handle map selection and overall quality control for SpaceDM9.

Wartorn

Post by Wartorn » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am

Hi I'm Wartorn and my kid could beat yours in a fight. I'm Metal's co-lead and also one of the hosts of the website. I used to be a Skulltag administrator for a while but retired and only recently coming out.

I am a manager of the forum, IRC, master, and overseer of various parts pertaining to the development of the Zandronum project that deals with community relations.
Last edited by Wartorn on Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dusk
Developer

Post by Dusk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:22 am

I'm Dusk and I suck at introductions. Next!

Alice
New User

Post by Alice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:28 am

Hello, I'm Wartorn's kid. No, not really. I'm the forum bot that announces the general status of the project on the forum. I can frequently be found in the control station of the News & Announcements section. My puppeteer is Wartorn.
Yep.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:33 am

I'm infurnus and I don't really know why I'm here! Actually I'm a moderator of some kind.
Started hanging around Doom online in 2001, but had messed with editing as early as 1997.
After messing with Doom on and off for 5 years and releasing a small DM pack for SkullTag, I apparently was told to start wearing a UD tag and I've been working with them ever since! Oh and sometimes SkullTag.
Random resources in ST were done or touched up by me, I remember doing some CTF medals but I don't think those are used any more.
Fast forward 7 years and here I am today.

I make graphics for things, and make music as a hobby.

I made the Sci-Fi helmet icons around the forum, as well as the Smokey Tokyo theme's logo.

Igor
Forum Regular

Post by Igor » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:35 am

IGOR IS IGOR AND HE IS HERE TO HELP! IGOR IS GOOD AT TESTING
AND IGOR IS GOOD AT FIXING THINGS

IGOR WILL TRY NOT TO BREAK ANYTHING, PROMISE!

Disguise

Post by Disguise » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:02 am

What's up? I'm Disguise. I've been a part of Skulltag for around 2 years now (lurking around since nearly 4 years :razz: ). I'm a former leader of the Friday Night Fragfest team, former Speedmapping Organizer (lol). I joined the ST staff around the same time as TheToxicAvenger and Goliath as a Global Moderator by the recommendation of Dynamo. I've been promoted to Forum Administrator and Master Server Administrator.

As with the new forum... I'm a Global Moderator and Master Server Administrator (which is perfectly fine because I like my green color!!).

Yeah....

Okay... enough with the awkward introduction-like-thing.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:46 am

Well, my IGN is Vicious Pariah, and is, for all intents and purposes, the only nick I will likely ever use in my lifetime. Generally, I am just a regular player here with the exception that I host dedicated Survival servers and occasionally Survival Invasion servers. I also am the current leading manager of Friday Night Fragfest (FNF), and the founder of Saturday Night Survival (SNS), two really amazing weekly events.

With that said, my goal here as both a host and staff member is to make Zandronum an enjoyable port to play on.

Anyway, this concludes my brief introduction. Hope to see you all at FNF this Friday! :)

MP2E

Post by MP2E » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:50 am

Hi I'm MP2E, I originally found online doom in 2006 on ZDaemon but I came to Skulltag in 2007. I've been competitive dooming ever since. Some notable clans : R, LF, MB, PRO.. currently in -C-. I am a newbie developer but a long time *nix user(Includes all BSD variants along with Linux, and proficiency with Mac OS X so long as you give me terminal.app). I prefer command-line interfaces and simplicity rather than GUIs and fancy looking stuff. I know C pretty well, C++ I know the syntax of but I am still learning how to effectively integrate it with my knowledge of C in a clean and effective way. I only joined the development team shortly before the port was forked so I'm a little disoriented(especially because I have to be filled in in bursts due to work and things involving living on your own) but I hope to contribute more and more to the port over time. Let me know if you need help with anything *nix related! But be warned, I'm more apt to teach you how to find out the answer rather than just give you the answer itself :P
Last edited by MP2E on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

TIHan

Post by TIHan » Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:09 am

I'm TIHan, real name, Will Smith.
I've been a Software Engineer for officially one year, and now have finally made a living off of it.
I write in C++, C#, and XAML.
Have come and gone during the past 5 years, but now I believe I am settled in.

mifu
Clan: Demon RiderZ

Post by mifu » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:15 am

Hi there, I'm MiFU. I am one of those IRC Operators and I am here to help out with anything thats IRC related. Also I can help out on anything that may be linux related or server hosting related. (I do administrate a server cluster on skulltag which will be moved here) :)

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:01 am

Hello, Ruin here. Found Skulltag back in Feb. of '07. Played in a group called [GBTW] which was well received by everyone (intense sarcasm), that developed into [SM]. They left ST, I joined <PRO> for about 2 years. <DRZ> and [MS] as well. Now I'm in -C-. Was an admin for a short time, then global mod. I focused on the competitive boards on the old forums and that's what I'll probably do here. Other than that, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just pretend most of the time.
Last edited by Ruin on Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

NizZY'

Post by NizZY' » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:18 am

A lot of familiar faces. Good to see you all.

HeavenWraith

Post by HeavenWraith » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:15 am

HeavenWraith here. Have been doom'ing (mapping involved) since 2003 or so, found out about Skulltag in early 2006. I'm one of the SNS community event founders, global moderator of Grandvoid server cluster (though people usually contact me with issues related to private CTF) and I've been recently appointed as a competition moderator on Skulltag, and now - on Zandronum. This concludes my humble story.
[18:55] <Decay> if you're upset, it is your obligation to make someone else upset

Remmirath

Post by Remmirath » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:19 am

Remmirath here. Found ZDoom in 2007, joined Skulltag in 2009, got promoted to mod, global mod, developer and admin, then I left everything because I lacked time. During that period, I also joined <PRO> and went into competition. Now I mostly stick around here as the advice dude. Dunno what that is, but it's cool. Oh and I've got a blue name. :V

Edward-san
Developer

Post by Edward-san » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 am

Hi, I'm the same position as Dusk hence bye.