Master server rule update

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Master server rule update

Post by Metal » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:28 am

I've been getting a substantial amount of PM's regarding harassment, impersonation and other things that used to break the rules on the master server, but those rules are no longer in place for the master server!

Yes, we have removed any rules that aren't cheating/exploiting from the master server rules and they can be seen here.

This has been in place for 2 or so weeks, but I just got around to doing this update now because infurnus and myself have been busy.

There may be some questions, so I will answer what may be the more common ones.
  • Why?
    The staff and majority of the community believe that the servers should be handled on their own by the server hosts and it's moderation. It lightens the load on the Zandronum staff, and gives more freedom to the server host who may or may not want to allow certain individuals on their servers. And less ban ranges which means less people getting caught in ranges.
  • Someone is harassing/impersonating/trolling myself or my clan in "such and such server", what do?
    Contact the server host or it's moderation.This will be the answer you get when you join #staff with such complaints. Major server hosts can be contacted in their respective channels such as #grandvoid or #bestever.

It is encouraged you use the in-game ignore function for smaller altercations.
That being said, I hope this clears up some of the issues regarding Zandronum staff methods. I'm still hoping for a better way to ban cheaters via the master considering the way we do so now is a little barbaric and I hate doing anything by IP's since they are easy enough to change and get around.

TL;DR: Staff only handles cheaters via the master server now. Contact server hosts for other problems you may face in-game.

If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to speak up!
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner