Master server update.

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Master server update.

Post by Metal » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:00 am

We have decided to make a large change to the master server list. As it stands, the only bannable offense on the master itself is cheating and the only offenders currently on the list are cheaters/ban evaders (From cheating). This means impersonators, trolls, griefers and the like will be handled by the server hosts. Major server hosts such as Konar6, Alexmax and Jenova can be contacted via #staff.

There may be some requirements for hosting, such as leaving contact information so community members can contact you if there's an issue.

The staff will be working on some guidelines/rules for hosts as well and this thread will be updated with the latest news on such events.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Samurai
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Lost Faction
Clan Tag: [LF]

RE: Master server update.

Post by Samurai » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:10 am

The return of the capo

Code: Select all

00:11  <Jarin_cz>	i am pretty sure i have more doom friends than you

Slim
Zandrone
Clan: Can't fit it in here
Clan Tag: -=FSR=-

Post by Slim » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:16 am

Welp. Better find a bomb shelter. Because sh*t's about to get nuked, with some hosts of servers not knowing what to do against the riot (Trolls, Impersonators, etc).

"Your childish antics grow tiring. If you dare to fight me, then I accept your challenge: Anytime, anywhere." - Zero, Megaman X5
Spoiler: Quotes (Open)
5:54 PM - Slim: you're complaining about something so small that
5:54 PM - Lance: so? we do that all the time
5:55 PM - Lance: we're a bunch of losers complaining at a bar minus the bar
Spoiler: Galactus tried evading (Open)

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:20 am

I've actually tried to get in contact with the server cluster owners before this happened, so it's not the apocalypse (I hope!)

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:32 am

Meh. No biggie. It's only a matter of time until they all get themselves re-banned on every major server cluster.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

someoneelse
Forum Regular

Post by someoneelse » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:23 am

Many servers are not parts of the clusters D:
Maybe there can be some list with suggestions for private (not as not-public, but as... indie?) servers?
Shared keys will now be in Zandro! Thanks devs for their work, and users for the support!
<AlienOverlord> Do you have any friends at all
<AlienOverlord> You play Doom

Qent

Post by Qent » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:32 pm

The Grandvoid banlist is public. They could always copy that.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:38 pm

someoneelse wrote:Many servers are not parts of the clusters D:
Maybe there can be some list with suggestions for private (not as not-public, but as... indie?) servers?
Qent wrote:The Grandvoid banlist is public. They could always copy that.
As well as the NJ banlist

I am also helping set up an IRC channel for server owners to share info, evasion ranges and the like, which will hopefully be ready soon

EDIT: If you're an independent server owner and need immediate assistance, you may join #staff
After staff and admin discussions, we have invited the server cluster owners there to help us out, so they will be available there until I get the other channel sorted and finalized
Last edited by infurnus on Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watermelon
Zandrone

Post by Watermelon » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:48 am

Suicide Slim wrote: Welp. Better find a bomb shelter. Because sh*t's about to get nuked, with some hosts of servers not knowing what to do against the riot (Trolls, Impersonators, etc).
I believe you are speaking with a large amount of inexperience on the subject. Servers will not go down because of this rule. Admins will still exist, just the power is now put in the hands of the people who pay for their servers. Trolls can be easily ignored in game extremely easily, and anyone disrupting gameplay will be most likely banned really quickly.
You should learn to ignore people if they say things to you. What do you think will happen in the real world where there is no barrier? I'll leave you to think on these issues you may one day have to deal with in a not so nice manner.

This move is a really good move from the admins:
- Less work and crap for them to have to bother with
- More control for the server hosters who pay money for their stuff
- Cheaters still stay banned
Last edited by Watermelon on Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:55 am

Watermelon wrote:
Suicide Slim wrote: Welp. Better find a bomb shelter. Because sh*t's about to get nuked, with some hosts of servers not knowing what to do against the riot (Trolls, Impersonators, etc).
I believe you are speaking with a large amount of inexperience on the subject. Servers will not go down because of this rule. Admins will still exist, just the power is now put in the hands of the people who pay for their servers. Trolls can be easily ignored in game extremely easily, and anyone disrupting gameplay will be most likely banned really quickly.
You should learn to ignore people if they say things to you. What do you think will happen in the real world where there is no barrier? I'll leave you to think on these issues you may one day have to deal with in a not so nice manner.

This move is a really good move from the admins:
- Less work and crap for them to have to bother with
- More control for the server hosters who pay money for their stuff
- Cheaters still stay banned
I have to agree with this. At first I was admittedly skeptical of this plan of action, but after taking some time to think about it; it is not as terrible as I had imagined. Plus, I trust that the folks running the main clusters will keep their servers pretty tidy and communicate with each other concerning possible troublesome users.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/