Let's Talk

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
Metal
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Let's Talk

Post by Metal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm going to point out right now, I know a lot of people don't like me, so it wouldn't be hard to summon up a group of people and say "Hey, we want you to leave!" and I'm sorry that people feel that way. But I would like to be able to do my job here without a group of people jumping down my throat about every last little ban that I or the staff make. I try my best to keep everything clean around here and drama free while being as transparent as possible without releasing any personal information or anything that could be considered drama bait.

The Mobius ban was done for a reason. The reason is he became personal in a public channel and I don't feel that the victims should have to put up with that type of behavior nor should the staff at any point in time, as the rules state, abuse is not tolerated what-so-ever.

I guess I'd like to be honest now since everyone else is feeling the need. I feel that when a ban is made, people tend to bias towards their buddies instead of looking at the staffs point of view. And what results is things such as this thread. "Staff reform! My friend was banned!" And words like "unjustified" come up without people knowing the whole story. This is where the personal information bit comes in with the most recent ban on IRC. All I should have to say is that it was getting personal, and leave it at that. But people seem to want the REAL deep down stories and what prompted it, etc. That isn't going to happen if it's going to jeopardize someone anonymity.

What I think I'm seeing here is a group of people, who are all probably pretty close nit, forming the same opinion, coming on to the staff forum and making a large deal out of something very small. Have I made mistakes before? You bet. Have I owned up to them? Yes, I have. And I've fixed my mistakes as best as I could.

What it comes down to is, I'm sorry that some of you may be upset about the ban, or any ban that we make as staff. But when someone is breaking the rules, they're just the same as anyone else. This is something we agreed to when Zandronum first forked.

Anyway, if a large enough group from the community voiced their concerns to me and wanted me to step down because they didn't like the actions I performed on people, or the way I handled the position, I would step down.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Metal wrote:
Lollipop wrote: Why is reputation system disabled? Is it to avoid little idiots like me from getting enough downrating to crash the forums or something?
We had it on for a while but I remember there being a small bug with it. What the bug was, I don't know, but a lot of people abused the feature as well. So it was disabled to 'fix' it and was never re-enabled by the staff. Still unsure why.
How about we get a "like" system that most forums use now? It won't be like a reputation that gets saved.

OT: I disagree, qent is good for the community in a sense that he runs FNF and has done so for almost a year now.

However, I do agree that TTA and Qent are the "yes men" I was talking about earlier, perhaps more TTA than Qent. Like, what I'm saying is not an insult by any means; all I'm asking is that when a problem crops up, you guys need to think a lot more critically instead of just bandwagoning to one person.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal

Post by Metal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:32 pm

I'd be down for that. Would have to ask Blzut3 about it though.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Blzut3
Developer

Post by Blzut3 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Watermelon wrote: I don't think someone should be forced to do such a thing, though in my opinion zandronum.com's domain should be pointing to something where people can be held accountable, if the goal of zandronum is to be a private endeavor then that should be cleared up. Can this be confirmed please by the higher ups for me? I thought zandronum is supposed to be a community driven port.
This is a difficult question to answer adequately. Zandronum is an open project that should be driven by the community. However, all servers that are designated as official are actually private property of their respective owners.

Unfortunately there's no real structure possible to enforce any rules preventing corruption. One must trust that those who own the assets will do what's best for the project. These people are currently Torr, Metal, Vicious Pariah, and owners of whatever other servers zandronum.com points to.

Part of the reason why I want a strict separation between community staff and developers is so if the community becomes corrupt, a new one can be set up. Torr is ultimately the one who decides what is official though. So basically, you are guaranteed to have access to the tools to set up your own community. The services themselves are private property.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 am

Metal wrote: The Mobius ban was done for a reason. The reason is he became personal in a public channel and I don't feel that the victims should have to put up with that type of behavior nor should the staff at any point in time, as the rules state, abuse is not tolerated what-so-ever.
The funny thing is, with every post you make the reason changes. First it was the constant harassment of people that built up in some time, then it became the "supposed" ban evade and now it's this. Will you make up your mind?
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Cyber'
Clan: The Professionals
Clan Tag: <PRO>

Post by Cyber' » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Ivan wrote:
Metal wrote: The Mobius ban was done for a reason. The reason is he became personal in a public channel and I don't feel that the victims should have to put up with that type of behavior nor should the staff at any point in time, as the rules state, abuse is not tolerated what-so-ever.
The funny thing is, with every post you make the reason changes. First it was the constant harassment of people that built up in some time, then it became the "supposed" ban evade and now it's this. Will you make up your mind?
If I'm reading correctly, Metal only posted twice in here, the first one mentioned both harassment alongside the channel evade, and her current post mentions the harassment. I don't see anything regarding a change of reasons.
Projects completed : PROCTF, Jump Maze, Tricky ST. RJX.Jump Maze X
Newest Project : Nothing at present.

Jumpmaze X post is here viewtopic.php?f=58&t=9981&p=115929#p115929
I always love these calm moments before the storm...

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 pm

Cyber wrote:
Ivan wrote:
If I'm reading correctly, Metal only posted twice in here, the first one mentioned both harassment alongside the channel evade, and her current post mentions the harassment. I don't see anything regarding a change of reasons.
The first explanation I had was from IRC, I guess I didn't mention it and it was only about the harassment. (Or rather, trolling) The ban is added on the 1st post she made and now the sentence she wrote sounds like Mobius was banned explicitly for the harassment reason.

Another interesting thing I'd like to mention is, if you put your picture up on a public domain, it can't be private and you can't expect it to be private. It can be seen by others and judged by others, so, I don't know, if those pictures are things that'd make you ashamed then don't put them? Like, I'd like to know the details about Mobius' ban, for some reason it sounds like a "ban because we are tired of you" kind of ban.
Last edited by Ivan on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Metal

Post by Metal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:19 pm

Ivan wrote:
Cyber wrote:
Ivan wrote:
The first explanation I had was from IRC, I guess I didn't mention it and it was only about the harassment. (Or rather, trolling) The ban is added on the 1st post she made and now the sentence she wrote sounds like Mobius was banned explicitly for the harassment reason.

Another interesting thing I'd like to mention is, if you put your picture up on a public domain, it can't be private and you can't expect it to be private. It can be seen by others and judged by others, so, I don't know, if those pictures are things that'd make you ashamed then don't put them? Like, I'd like to know the details about Mobius' ban, for some reason it sounds like a "ban because we are tired of you" kind of ban.

The picture was never supposed to be posted online, and I never posted it myself and I wouldn't have allowed it. Someone took a picture of me at a LAN party several years ago and the gallary was supposed to be between us (Participants of the lan). That didn't happen and pictures that weren't supposed to be released, got released.

You got all the details you need on the ban. They're right there. I was stating I didn't know he was evading the channel until after the incident. And the main reason he is banned is for harassment. It wouldn't be a "Ban because we are tired of you" it's more like a "Ban because you've been warned before for the behavior".

I don't see where I'm changing the reason, unless you're just looking for something to pin me on.

Any further details on the IRC ban can be found in the IRC management of the forums.

Edit: I would just like to add that even if the picture is on public domain, that does not justify his actions. That goes for any picture, mine, other users, etc. I would like to remind people of the rule again listed here
Be respectful of those around you. Abuse is not tolerated, and is dealt with sternly.
Last edited by Metal on Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Fair enough then.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Watermelon wrote: [...] Just so everyone is clear on who owns this place officially. Is it Wartorn?
Wartorn hosted the previous master server, currently ViciousPariah pays for the website & new master server. The maintainers are multiple people, like Blzut and myself. I have talked to numerous people on the staff over the past year about the way we set our site and forums up, and I think I can state that Zandronum was purposely designed to be "corruption-proof", to avoid issues like back in the SkullTag days.

Ivan wrote: The funny thing is, with every post you make the reason changes. [...] Will you make up your mind?
Ivan wrote: The first explanation I had was from IRC, I guess I didn't mention it and it was only about the harassment. (Or rather, trolling) The ban is added on the 1st post she made and now the sentence she wrote sounds like Mobius was banned explicitly for the harassment reason.

[...] Like, I'd like to know the details about Mobius' ban, for some reason it sounds like a "ban because we are tired of you" kind of ban.
Is it possible that the ban was for multiple reasons/infractions? Just trying to be logical here. EDIT: I see that this has been addressed since I first drafted this reply

Cyber wrote: If I'm reading correctly, Metal only posted twice in here, the first one mentioned both harassment alongside the channel evade, and her current post mentions the harassment. I don't see anything regarding a change of reasons.
I'll be transparent and make a mea culpa apology: I will state that I talked to Mobius on about his ban after it happened (he specifically highlighted me on Quakenet IRC), and when I did this I was unaware of all the reasons behind the ban, and probably came off as ignorant, arrogant or biased.
Unfortunately, every explanation I offered was not considered to be "real reasons". I tried to apologize a few times to Mobius, but they were unreceptive to me. :sadface:
I also tried to lighten the mood with humor, which probably did not help in hindsight, but I digress.

I should have waited until the rest of the staff was online to discuss this with them and make sure I said the right things, which I did not think do at the time.
Last edited by infurnus on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Posting somebody's picture in an IRC channel just for the sake of mocking their appearance is a pretty low blow. I don't care if you think that Facebook pictures are "public domain" or some shit. Snatching somebody's (the lead admin's, even) personal pics and then spreading them around and making fun of them is a totally not cool thing to do. (Anybody remember the Driedman incident?)

But coming from a person who has a history of trolling others unprovoked, it doesn't surprise me.
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Razgriz
Forum Staff

Post by Razgriz » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:17 pm

After reading the addition responses, I do have to agree with Blue's post about the Youtube videos. It's not the videos themselves but it's about how the final decision was kinda rushed and had a lot of emotional investment that shouldn't have been present. The reason why I was against Blue and Ivan's ban (and subsequently Decay, Puhax, and Nub_Hat's) was because to me there was a serious lapse in judgement, gap in logic or the decision was excessive in some way (although Decay's situation was more understandable), and it wouldn't be till the next day after sleeping I would figure out what exactly was bothering me about these situations. I always figured bans should be a last resort type of thing, not a first in line (in most instances) or even second option type thing.

I also recall a problem I still sorta see to this day. Basically I remember back before ST forums died, my name inherited a nice red color because of something I did. I'm not gonna deny that the entire situation became aggressive but mostly it happened because I Pretty much
1) wanted answers and
2) closure
but during the entire thing, I remember it being a struggle to actually get the answers and closure I wanted, and even now I can still see the same remnants of that habit occasionally, the inability to speak up or be held accountable through some of the staff members. Don't get me wrong, the staff has come quite a ways from then, in light of good or bad decisions, but I feel like there should be less shying away from being questioned heavily (at least to a certain degree) and more posts/answers should happen. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this but Cyber and Infurnus are pretty big damage control factors when topics like this go down, which isn't a bad thing, but it would be better if more of us (including myself) were to also contribute publicly so that it doesn't seem like the entire staff is just obediently following Infurnus, Cyber, Metal or whoever without forming our own opinions. Especially for serious topics like these, it would be better if more of us could post and be more honest as well when talking about intentions or faults in actions and/or judgements.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:39 am

@Decay:

The thread not belonging here is completely subjective, and as it stands, the majority of the community (including the admins/moderators) did agree that it did not belong here and was practically only created to create drama.

As for the whole Mobius fiasco, let me just elaborate a little. In an argument with him yesterday (about this very topic), to try to insult me personally, he somehow managed to incorporate the fact that my dad had a stroke a few months ago. He did something very similar to Metalhead, who just happens to be a Zandronum administrator. Do you really want these types of people around? This is akin to protecting the Westboro Baptist Church for picketing funerals and other things because technically they're within their rights.

The only people who would be afraid of Metalhead are the ones who know they're doing something stupid. Back in around 2008, Metalhead and I would often get into arguments. This was because, not surprisingly, I was also a much bigger asshole back then. It wasn't until later when I stopped being a dipshit (arguable) that I realized she wasn't a bad person, and was actually very reasonable.

As for the yes-men thing, what issues (besides this) are actually ever brought up? I sort of agree, but I've been idling in the staff channel for a while and 99% of what comes up is just people asking for help. Obviously this doesn't encompass every single issue, however, I don't think there is very much critical discussion that would require the discussion from 8 different people who may or may not have contradicting opinions. The majority of issues are players banned for cheating, players accidentally banned, and general support stuff. There is very little room for personal input in a majority of these issues.

If you want to bring up something, maybe the fact that some players get away with cheating. There have been multiple incidents where players cheat, get banned, talk to admins and are promptly unbanned under the pretense that it won't happen again. Not that releasing cheaters early is necessarily a bad thing, but these players have been banned for under a week for cheating because they are notable figures in the community (junior, shane, dr noob, etc). These punishments should be more harsh and not just a simple slap on the wrist.
Last edited by Jenova on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hammerfest-
Forum Regular
Clan: A3.33333333333333333
Clan Tag: A3.33333333

Post by Hammerfest- » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:51 am

Jenova wrote: @Decay:

The thread not belonging here is completely subjective, and as it stands, the majority of the community (including the admins/moderators) did agree that it did not belong here and was practically only created to create drama.

As for the whole Mobius fiasco, let me just elaborate a little. In an argument with him yesterday (about this very topic), to try to insult me personally, he somehow managed to incorporate the fact that my dad had a stroke a few months ago. He did something very similar to Metalhead, who just happens to be a Zandronum administrator. Do you really want these types of people around? This is akin to protecting the Westboro Baptist Church for picketing funerals and other things because technically they're within their rights.

The only people who would be afraid of Metalhead are the ones who know they're doing something stupid. Back in around 2008, Metalhead and I would often get into arguments. This was because, not surprisingly, I was also a much bigger asshole back then. It wasn't until later when I stopped being a dipshit (arguable) that I realized she wasn't a bad person, and was actually very reasonable.
<Mobius`> and I have been inactive for almost a month
<Mobius`> on irc and ts
<Mobius`> Hmmmm
<Jenova> detective mobius too stupid to realize that he is stupid
<Zakken> Also I'm not banned from #A3
<Mobius`> Damn Jenova
<Mobius`> going ham
<Mobius`> how's your Dad doing?
<Mobius`> Is he fine?
<Zakken> More like going 12 yo mode
<Jenova> he'd be better knowing you werent around
<Jenova> to be honest
<Mobius`> Wow
<Mobius`> I was actually aasking
<Mobius`> and yet
<Mobius`> Damn Jenova
Last edited by Hammerfest- on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swift as a breeze, fierce as a gale.

Jenova
Under Moderation

Post by Jenova » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 am

Decay wrote:
Decay wrote: I’m not going be appealing for an unban, I’m just laying out what happened.

I do not condone this behaviour on Mobius’ part, I would never post anybody’s picture on IRC, nor even refer to them by their real name.
Jenova wrote:
Thanks for coming out.
I don't understand you at all. If you don't care, why did you post about an "unfair ban" when it was completely justified? You tell us that you're not defending the individual, however, you go on to tell us that but there is a trend of arbitrary bans being handed out for little to no reason other than general nuisance.

Could you not actually find a better reason to use? If you could spare me the trouble and show me some examples where the staff has abused their position and used their power to ban somebody because of personal issues it would be very much appreciated. Until you do this, I don't think many people will take you seriously. You can't argue about something being wrong when you provide next to no information.
Last edited by Jenova on Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

infurnus

Post by infurnus » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:01 am

Decay wrote: Tosen still has the avatar up, HOT EDIT: it was taken down while this post was written"
Was taken down yesterday actually, I noticed it after someone asked me if Tosen was still banned or not and removed it and disabled their avatar privileges.

Decay wrote: [...] I am on bannable terms with a majority of post, particularly for “drama-inducing” aspects and the fact I’m on thin ice. It is unfortunate that I don’t have faith in the admins abilities to deal with potentially dramatic topics nor potential soft rule breaking.
I am sorry you feel that way. :sadface:
Decay wrote: [...] Whether or not you think the asking for permission to post a thread is subtle censorship, that’s how I view it, and I think that is not setting a good example. It’s deterrence for those who want to create meaningful threads, and don’t simply because they are afraid.
I have refined my stance slightly since my warn message to you.
If this is about the Sgt. Mark callout thread, remember that it originally wasn't a thread, but a reply to the Brutal Doom mod's thread, and was later split into its own thread. Since there was so much drama, I kind of forgot that it happened that way.
Decay wrote: [...] Although Yes I made a mistake with the hidden forums, you must be aware that as long as a private forum exists, REAL decisions will be made there, and most public stuff is a charade.
Do you honestly think that our staff is conspiring against people? Especially given that people like myself can see it?
Decay wrote: [...] Insert discussion about admin/mod numbers.
Infurnus and I had a pretty lengthy but good talk about this I think. My suggestion would be removal of the moderators in favour of simply Global Moderators.
I did this just earlier today, it was something I had planned for a while (actually I think Dynamo came up with it first last year)

Decay wrote: @Metal’s post: [...] What I’m about to say here is reflective of many people’s views of you. [...] I also want to say that I personally do not have any personal issues with you, however I do notice these observations made by others. This is why people believe you are a bad admin, from what I’ve gathered.
If you don't believe these things, then why did you post them? No offense, I am genuinely curious.
Decay wrote: Whether or not you want to say it publicly, there is a general feel you do not want to deal with anyone with contradictory opinions.
I think this is the case for most people in general, though don't quote me on that.
Decay wrote: I think a lot of progress has been made, but there is still more to come.
Well, thank you for the encouragement.

If I may say though, some of the examples (The YouTube link) were actions that were not done on our website, servers or IRC network (Correct me if I am wrong), so I'm not quite sure if the comparison is accurate.

Just a little notice to everybody: I've read just about this whole thread, and will finish reading it soon (hopefully, stop posting so much guys! :igor: )

Metal

Post by Metal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:06 am

Decay wrote: @Metal’s post: “I'm going to point out right now, I know a lot of people don't like me, so it wouldn't be hard to summon up a group of people and say "Hey, we want you to leave!" and I'm sorry that people feel that way.”
What I’m about to say here is reflective of many people’s views of you. It may be hurtful, it may rustle some jimmies, but honestly sometimes the truth has to be said for progress to happen. I also want to say that I personally do not have any personal issues with you, however I do notice these observations made by others. This is why people believe you are a bad admin, from what I’ve gathered.
I honestly feel people think I'm a bad admin because I come off as the "bad cop". As it stands now, infurnus mainly focuses on the forums themselves, Cyber negotiates and talks to people and I make the harsh decisions. This has gained a bad reputation for me and I knew it would, but I was willing to take this position because I enjoy the port a lot and wanted to contribute my time to it.
They feel you are too emotionally involved. This can be seen in the Mobius g-line about pictures. I don’t know if anybody would’ve been banned if a) your picture was not posted or b) Mobius was not involved. I do not condone this behaviour on Mobius’ part, I would never post anybody’s picture on IRC, nor even refer to them by their real name. But this is just one example. This emotional involvement is what gives others the impression of you having a “power trip.”
I'll use this same example because I understand how it does look and I do know that it is giving me a lot of heat right now so maybe I'll just come out with it so people know why the "emotional" part came in. I didn't want to go into great detail and I still won't because it's my own business. But basically, the picture he posted was meant to be very private for a reason, and I'm more ticked at the fact that it got out. I was very very sick at that point of my life (several years ago) and when Mobius posted it, questioning my gender, I'm sure you can understand, as a human being, it would be upsetting. I didn't want anyone to know this much about it and I still don't. I didn't want to gline him right then and there because I knew it would stir trouble, but I was talking to infurnus about it and we decided it might be best to do so when everything was quiet so it wouldn't create an uproar.

This wasn't so much an "emotional" ban as it was "We've warned this guy about his behavior, and he just disregards it"
Because of this, people are a little (or very) are afraid of you, in a Kilgore sense. They believe that there is a possibility of any little word setting you off and risking a ban, perma or temp. This is a HUGE factor in why people think you are a bad admin, and it’s all emotions.
I believe this is untrue. I think people go based on rumors. I do know one instance that has been brought up in this thread regarding the youtube incident. I apologized, I know I made a mistake and mistakes will happen. I don't know where else to go with that. But people just go along with the past and the way I was back on Skulltag, instead of the way I really am now. I feel that I'm far from Kilgore. I'm willing to admit my mistakes, I feel that I'm easy to talk to if you're not intentionally trying to instigate me.
People feel you select mods based on their ability to agree with you, creating a tribe of yes-men. This is a major point of grievance. Relating to this, there is a feeling of hidden workings, arbitrary decisions, and Razgriz’s post speaks to this. Whether or not you want to say it publicly, there is a general feel you do not want to deal with anyone with contradictory opinions.
I feel this is untrue, because I have quite a few people I have selected who disagree with me sometimes, and agree with me other times. For the most part, the moderators have a mind of their own, and during discussions on bans and what-not, I ask for opinions, even if they disagree, I just want to know why they agree or disagree with me or my decisions. Qent has a mind of his own, as well as Cyber, Raz, infurnus, HeavenWrath. I pick people whom I feel are trustworthy, responsible and willing to handle the position I give them.
Favouritism is another issue. People feel you are sheltering the worst people in zandronum, and the different punishments for different people issue is the defining character of this. This makes you look inconsistent, and more emotionally charged.
I'd like more elaboration on this. Who am I favoring? Who am I sheltering?
People feel that you are just hanging on to power for the sake of it, and want change. You know people don’t like you as an admin, maybe this is an indicator of something. Personally I believe most of the dislike directed toward you is because of your role. But there is a reason these reform threads crop up once in a while, and a lot of it has to do with your actions, unfortunately.
As I stated at the beginning, people want someone who is going to do what they want. And they want someone who is going to listen to everyone and please every single person. This is not going to happen. You are not going to get justified bans 100% of the time.

People say in this thread they want consistency. They want bans to be all equal and that there are people still roaming around who should be banned and there are people we are "sheltering". Who? We do not know. The idea of us favoring people and being more harsh on some people rather than others has been thrown around but I see no PM's being sent to me about this.

I want to make it so very clear. And I'm going to be blunt with this, If you PM me, asking something of me, a question or just want a conversation...I do not bite. Really, I don't. People in this community who know me, know that if you straight up call me a BANANER when you PM me, or a bitch, or any name that's not Metal (Or close to) then yes, I'm going to react accordingly.

Respect goes both ways. If you respect me, I respect you. And for the most part, I've made sure that I send respect out before receiving it. In other words, I try to be understanding and considerate when it comes to people speaking to me on here, or talking about me. I'm more level headed than people think. If I wasn't, blue and crew will still be banned for the youtube comments. So would a lot of other people. So please, don't go by what you hear, talk to me, I'm usually pretty nice :P
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:14 am

Fair enough.

infurnus

Post by infurnus » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 am

Finished reading the thread :allears:

Conclusion: Still some work to do

Will keep reading further replies.

I know I've said this before elsewhere, but I also am open to PMs, emails, etc, with questions or whatnot. I'm not at my computer 24/7 but I try to read everything I get.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:53 am

Jenova wrote: Not that releasing cheaters early is necessarily a bad thing, but these players have been banned for under a week for cheating because they are notable figures in the community (junior, shane, dr noob, etc). These punishments should be more harsh and not just a simple slap on the wrist.
IIRC, Noob was banned for at least a year, and IIRC the reason he got unbanned was when Metal (I think it was her?) cleaned up the banlist heavily. I think if that didn't happen, Noob may still be banned because he evaded so many times.

As for Shane, he actually did serve a 1 year sentence for another instance, but as for what happened in 2011, I don't believe I was staff at the time so I didn't get the full story back then.

I figured I should share a little input in this thread, since staff stuff and all.
Catastrophe wrote: However, I do agree that TTA and Qent are the "yes men" I was talking about earlier, perhaps more TTA than Qent. Like, what I'm saying is not an insult by any means; all I'm asking is that when a problem crops up, you guys need to think a lot more critically instead of just bandwagoning to one person.
I don't see it as an insult at all. In fact, I prefer people to let me know how I'm doing, so I can do my stuff better. I know I've been playing way less and such, I kinda got into a fun thing called Animal Crossing that's known for eating up tons of your time. I don't plan on leaving though.