Zandronum and Skulltag staff.

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
NeuralStunner

RE: Zandronum and Skulltag staff.

Post by NeuralStunner » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:26 pm

The Toxic Avenger wrote:There's always the concept of a subforum where there's no postcount increase when it's posted in.
This could work.
Hypnotoad wrote:I thought the point of those threads was to keep the spam contained and not infecting other threads.
That's more of a helpful side-effect, really.
Blzut3 wrote:Only in the Doom community does one find something so obviously broken and then claim it's a feature.

Xenaero
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

Post by Xenaero » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:07 pm

All of what was described in the first post remains to be seen. Only time will tell with the majority of points given. You're more or less dealing with the euphoric rush of a temporary change for the time being, but the nature of how it all unfolds will eventually be seen. I doubt anyone really expected the last incarnation of Skulltag's community to end up as bad as it did. Food for thought.

Xenaero

Post by Xenaero » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 am

I feel this is a different enough post to warrant a AGH MEIN LEBEN DSSLOP DOUBLE POST, that I am concerned with the IRC Akills list, as shown in this topic here. Is being unwelcome something worthy of describing in a ban, restricting players from accessing the community entirely? If you are unwelcome, you can either improve yourself and your behavior or I guess end up ostracized by other individuals in their friend circles. It seems harsh to ban someone in part or initially for being unwelcome. I could expand this argument to encompass general #zandronum bans as posted in the other topic, but I think it would end up being a tl;dr. In summary, it doesn't make much sense and seems immature on the staff's part to ban players for being annoying, "general stupidity", "a jackass indeed, he has acted like a total moron so many times", and so on. I'd like to hear what the staff intend to do about that kind of judgement, if anything.

The Toxic Avenger
Forum Staff
Clan: ???
Clan Tag: [???]

Post by The Toxic Avenger » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:15 am

It can be. For example, if someone is the author of a hack, they can be banned for being unwelcome because of it. Being unwelcome was not the only reason Soulreap was g-lined. He's been aliasing as various players to get unbanned or alias into clans (he's aliased into I, MS, PRO, and J to name a few), and is a notorious hacker.
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qent

Post by Qent » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:16 am

Xenaero wrote: Is being unwelcome something worthy of describing in a ban, restricting players from accessing the community entirely?
No, but cheating, ban evading, then cheating again, and impersonation are.

Metal

Post by Metal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:47 am

Xenaero wrote: I feel this is a different enough post to warrant a AGH MEIN LEBEN DSSLOP DOUBLE POST, that I am concerned with the IRC Akills list, as shown in this topic here. Is being unwelcome something worthy of describing in a ban, restricting players from accessing the community entirely? If you are unwelcome, you can either improve yourself and your behavior or I guess end up ostracized by other individuals in their friend circles. It seems harsh to ban someone in part or initially for being unwelcome. I could expand this argument to encompass general #zandronum bans as posted in the other topic, but I think it would end up being a tl;dr. In summary, it doesn't make much sense and seems immature on the staff's part to ban players for being annoying, "general stupidity", "a jackass indeed, he has acted like a total moron so many times", and so on. I'd like to hear what the staff intend to do about that kind of judgement, if anything.
That was just a short description. As stated above, he's ban evaded, cheated, ban evaded some more, cheated some more, used well known community members aliases on here AND on other programs (See: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... amehistory)

He used that method to get me to whitelist him. I thought he WAS the real Shogun. Found out later after much confusion, that it wasn't. I believe you can only have so many characters in the AKill reason. Unwelcome usually states they did more than I can describe in the AKIll details.

VortexCortex

Post by VortexCortex » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:54 am

To be fair, "unwelcome" is a lot better than a derogatory statement like, "grow up moron", I actually don't think the word is used incorrectly here. Probably would be nice to have a few details like: "impersonation, ban evading" or whatever so you'd know why they're not welcome anymore... :P

Consider the alternative: Staff takes this sort of stuff behind closed doors. If the moderation reasoning wasn't listed publicly no one could fret over the phrasing. I don't think anyone wants that to happen though.
Last edited by VortexCortex on Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Metal

Post by Metal » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 am

I forgot to state that the AKill list was wiped recently, and he was the most recent Akill on it before it got wiped, we were merely just re-adding.

infurnus
Clan: Unidoom
Clan Tag: UD

Post by infurnus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:04 am

For more disclosure, here's a screenshot of Shadowfox's steam aliases in case the link ( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... amehistory ) doesn't work (their account is set to "private" and the link might not show past names if you're not logged in)

http://i.imgur.com/xKemb.png
Spoiler: screenshot of fake names (Open)
He's used even more fake names than that from what I've heard from server admins
Last edited by infurnus on Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:11 am

We should definitely start using the term "Excommunication".
[quote="wildweasel"]I really don't think that Doom is the proper platform to be questioning the legitimacy of Christianity.[/quote]

Captain Ventris Presents - My Tumblr, wherein I ramble about things and stuff.

Reaku
Forum Regular

Post by Reaku » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:20 am

That would be a good thing in this regard.
|Project releases|
http://zandronum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=217 : Reckoning of Armageddon: Deathmatch map pack :

Xenaero

Post by Xenaero » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 am

Metal wrote: That was just a short description. As stated above, he's ban evaded, cheated, ban evaded some more, cheated some more, used well known community members aliases on here AND on other programs (See: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7656 ... amehistory)

He used that method to get me to whitelist him. I thought he WAS the real Shogun. Found out later after much confusion, that it wasn't. I believe you can only have so many characters in the AKill reason. Unwelcome usually states they did more than I can describe in the AKIll details.
I understand. Thank you for clearing that up. :)

I would still suggest avoidance of some words that can be misconstrued against the administration as far as judgement goes.
Last edited by Xenaero on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reach Term
Forum Regular

Post by Reach Term » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:19 am

Captain Ventris wrote: We should definitely start using the term "Excommunication".
Indeed, a more sophisticated way of saying things like those. Also they've learned a new word as most people don't know this word.
Last edited by Reach Term on Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.