Why trash that? (Split from Mature Community)

Public discussion of the forum software and other things run by Zandronum staff.
one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Why trash that? (Split from Mature Community)

Post by one_Two » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Devon wrote: the fact that they watch mlp or not.
This reminds me of the mlp skin that was sent to trash (tell me if I'm getting this wrong) it didn't sit right with me, the guy wasn't spamming and had put a fair amount of work in to it.
Last edited by Qent on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Devon
Forum Regular

RE: What is, for you , A mature community ?

Post by Devon » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:31 pm

one_Two wrote:
This reminds me of the mlp skin that was sent to trash (tell me if I'm getting this wrong) it didn't sit right with me, the guy wasn't spamming and had put a fair amount of work in to it.
It was probably binned for the replies of spam and sarcasm from users and staff alike. Honestly, I never would have used them but doing that to someone's hard work is sickening.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: What is, for you , A mature community ?

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 pm

Devon wrote:
one_Two wrote:
It was probably binned for the replies of spam and sarcasm from users and staff alike. Honestly, I never would have used them but doing that to someone's hard work is sickening.
If the OP from that thread were to be moved from the Trash back into the Releases section, I'd support that.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

Qent
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

RE: Why trash that? (Split from Mature Community)

Post by Qent » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:38 pm

I believe the reasoning was that it would inevitably just get trolled.
Last edited by Qent on Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

RE: Why trash that? (Split from Mture Community)

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:40 pm

Qent wrote: I believe the reasoning was that it would inevitably just get trolled.
... So why not just lock the thread, but leave it in the Projects/Releases section? At least then it wouldn't seem as if the moderators were shitting on it just because it was MLP/Sonic/whatever the hell else was in it.

ZandroSkins

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:48 pm

No one, I repeat, no one should have to see that abomination, ever. I'm pretty sure if we made a poll to keep it, there'd be 99% of the forum voting yes for just complete removal of that thread.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:52 pm

Ivan wrote: No one, I repeat, no one should have to see that abomination, ever. I'm pretty sure if we made a poll to keep it, there'd be 99% of the forum voting yes for just complete removal of that thread.
I dunno about that. I really couldn't care less about mlp related drama.

Zalewa
Developer

Post by Zalewa » Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:56 pm

I was also surprised when I saw that the thread got trashed. It looked like the bashers that started the whole shitstorm actually got their victory there.
Doomseeker - a real answer to cross-platform server browser.
Doomseeker dev builds - unofficial Doomseeker builds for Windows.
Gamer's Proxy - a program to emulate ping and packet losses.

TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:12 pm

Ænima wrote:
Qent wrote: I believe the reasoning was that it would inevitably just get trolled.
... So why not just lock the thread, but leave it in the Projects/Releases section? At least then it wouldn't seem as if the moderators were shitting on it just because it was MLP/Sonic/whatever the hell else was in it.
I'd also suggest saying "Hey, nobody's gonna like this and this is gonna get shat on, locking to keep any drama from happening".
Transparency is always cool.
The Ranger - New class for HeXen.
ZDoom Wars - I drew some pictures.
Samsara - Some class-based mod I guess?
Metroid: Dreadnought - I am a dumb fanboy.
DemonSteele - ~come with me to anime world~

Luke
Forum Regular

Post by Luke » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I would just warn/temp ban who trolled in that topic, but I'm just a user fortunately.
Anyhow, what Aenima purposed it's good enough for me, and the best thing to do to respect his/her work.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Ænima wrote:
I'd also suggest saying "Hey, nobody's gonna like this and this is gonna get shat on, locking to keep any drama from happening".
I know. That's something WildWeasel over at ZDoom would do. <3
Last edited by Ænima on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZandroSkins

Ruin

Post by Ruin » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:29 pm

TerminusEst13 wrote:
Ænima wrote:
This. The shit posting wasn't necessary either. I get that this community doesn't care for anything mlp related and that's fine. Though I don't think people should brandish the pitch-forks and torches when it does (and it will) show up. A good majority here didn't like OP's work. Though I'm sure that -someone- out there may have. Splitting the shit posts and locking OP's thread instead of trashing should have been the way to go. Almost reminds me of that whole SwanFox debacle.
"Secondly, <PRO> is utter shit, and they're only "known" because almost all of them are also staff." - /vr/

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:32 pm

You should see L4D maps they have so freaking much pony stuff done for the game -basically everything turned into ponies, zombies,weapons, characters,clothes etc-.. no one cared to complain and people who wanted that stuff use it every time and like it a lot.. everyone won!
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
Nothing to see here

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Considering that MLP is still quite popular I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who'd be interested.
Last edited by Marcaek on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:41 pm

Cruduxy wrote: You should see L4D maps they have so freaking much pony stuff done for the game -basically everything turned into ponies, zombies,weapons, characters,clothes etc-.. no one cared to complain and people who wanted that stuff use it every time and like it a lot.. everyone won!
Are you kidding me?

There were huge shitstorms and countless people were banned. And don't you dare bring it up again, or the moderators over there will eat you alive.
And the best of it all, not even a week afterwards did one of the main champions of the 'ponysecution' term shitpost every furry upload he could find. Talk about hypocrisy ramped up to 11.

The point is that L4DMaps is a L4D-and-related site. It's not an anime site, it's not an mlp site, it's not a furry site.
L4DMaps' userbase is more than just a bunch of hardcore insert-fetish-here fans who think it's unfair if they can't have a skin of every pony/fur/touhou on every weapon ever previously uploaded there. People who have to sit and filter through a flood of barely-related, half-assed content because the minorities cried out at the mere revelation of being just that - a minority.
But the latter three things run rampant over there, to the point where you've got crusades between garrysmod/facepunch and l4d by creators of anime models and porters who don't give credit, causing endless retarded drama along the way.

How does that relate to here? I guess most of the threadshitters were afraid the same would happen on Zandro - an unlikely scenario, and given our many active moderators for the rather small forum, one easily averted should it arise. I don't like pony skins myself. But shitting that thread was wrong, and so was trashing it. Put it back up there, but keep it locked until the author needs otherwise.
Last edited by -Jes- on Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cruduxy
Zandrone

Post by Cruduxy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:47 pm

That was at the beginnings because of people trolling each other at start...

Edit : sorry for too hasty reply..
They were enraged and insane like you said at the beginning. What I meant was its current state not the older one, everything is smooth there right now.
Last edited by Cruduxy on Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothing to see here

Qent

Post by Qent » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Ivan wrote: No one, I repeat, no one should have to see that abomination, ever. I'm pretty sure if we made a poll to keep it, there'd be 99% of the forum voting yes for just complete removal of that thread.
Even supposing that this is true, that's no reason to trash it. Release threads do not get trashed because the releases are bad, nor do forum users get to vote on which threads to trash.

-Jes-
Frequent Poster Miles card holder

Post by -Jes- » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Cruduxy wrote:everything is smooth there right now.
See my huge ass edit, or if tl;dr.

Yeah, it's smooth.. Because people don't want to get banned. Big difference.

Metal

Post by Metal » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:25 pm

OP from thread has been split back to the skins section. Thread has been locked. Thanks to all who gave ideas and constructive criticism on how to deal with this type of situation.
<EazyDI>harrased me
<EazyDI>and called me a dinner
<EazyDI>n*****
<EazyDI>lmao not dinner

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:33 am

'Twas my idea. :3

ZandroSkins