Improved Weapon Spawn Times

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Asriel

Clan: Incredible & *GOD*
Clan Tag: [I] & *GOD*

Improved Weapon Spawn Times

Post by Asriel » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Howdy!

I've personally noticed that in vanilla Zandronum, when weapons don't stay, they take so long to respawn (30 seconds or 1,050 tics) that not even having players drop their weapon on death makes it easy enough to find a weapon.

So I created a mod that makes the vanilla and Skulltag weapons spawn in 5 seconds (175 tics) except for the BFGs, which take 1 minute (2,100 tics) to spawn because of how powerful they are.

These weapon spawn times are currently based off the ones in QC:DE, but I may adjust them based on feedback.

Load the the .pk3s that you need into Zandronum, turn off SV_WeaponStay and turn on SV_WeaponDrop, try it out, then let me know what you think!

Inside of the ZIP folder, you'll find two .pk3 files.

iws.pk3 changes the spawn times of vanilla Doom 2 weapons, but should work with Doom 1/The Ultimate Doom, Final Doom, and maybe other IWADs.
iws_skulltag.pk3 changes the spawn times of Skultag weapons (don't use it without skulltag_content-3.0-beta01.pk3).

If you want to change the spawn times of both Doom 2 and Skulltag weapons, you'll need to load both iws.pk3 and iws_skulltag.pk3.

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bP7Gy ... 8g71drRVnw
The Absolute GOD of Hyperdeath!