Brutal Doom will let me have a lady's voice, but a man's body

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TappaRappa
New User

Brutal Doom will let me have a lady's voice, but a man's body

Post by TappaRappa » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:39 pm

So, first off, hi! This is my first post here and I only really created this account for this specific reason. I found out I could run Brutal Doom on Doom II through Zandronum and gave it a try and am having lots of fun gibbing imps and zombie men. GZDoom doesn't seem to run on my computer, so I use Zandronum and I saw in the options that playing as a female only affects Zandronum. I always loved seeing all that art of Fem Doomguy. So, I changed the voice and gender to female and had fun seeing the Doomslayer's face in the Hud and really enjoyed her characteristics. Like she had this devilish grin when I picked up the chainsaw, or flipped off a dying imp and called it a bitch. It was great. Though, something that irked me was that I couldn't change the model to a female one, Now, I believe for a Doomgal to be able to rip and tear to be just as a Doomguy, she should definetly be ripped like him. It only makes sense. Though I just think the model is too masculine and doesn't have the same femininity the voice or face model has. At first I thought I had changed the model, but realized when I went back, it stayed as the base model, it wouldn't even change colors when I moved the color slider. I tried downloading a bunch of female marine mods and none worked. It only worked when I launched Doom II on Zandronum without Brutal Doom, but I couldn't use the female face. So, I don't know if this is a Zandronum problem, or a Brutal Doom problem, so I'm posting here first in hopes of someone having a solution. So if you do, pls help. I really hope I can find a way to Both be able to play as a female marine and be literally knee deep in the dead. I wanna go berserk and rip apart demons as the angery marine lady, and look good doing it! :>

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: Brutal Doom will let me have a lady's voice, but a man's body

Post by TDRR » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:40 pm

You can't change the skin to a female one in BD. You would need to replace every sprite, the fatality ones, the variations for each weapon etc. which would take an extremely long time for such a minor detail. There's not a mod for this already AFAIK.

So yeah, either start working on those sprites or just be happy with how it is right now.
One thing I have asked from the Lord, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple. (Psalm 27:4, NASB)
My Discord tag is @tdrr, and it's my preferred contact method. I also check PMs here from time to time.

TappaRappa
New User

Re: Brutal Doom will let me have a lady's voice, but a man's body

Post by TappaRappa » Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 am

Guess i will