RealGunsAdvanced 2: MW2

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

RE: RealGunsAdvanced 2: MW2

Post by MrSetharoo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

I Like RGA2 and RGH, but to me RGH just feels sloppy as RGA2 feels stable and easier to use.
Last edited by MrSetharoo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Mother

Post by Animal Mother » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:16 pm

I prefer RGA over RGH solely because RGH slows down player speed when wielding heavier weapons. Yes, that's how it is in CoD but it just isn't fun in Doom. Also Doom has that thing where you actually get more view bobbing the slower you move and with how much some of the weapons restrict your movement in RGH, the view bobbing becomes ridiculous (way beyond even STALKER level) and makes me motion sick.

Medicris
Forum Regular

Post by Medicris » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm

MrSetharoo wrote: For example, it doesn't take a day and a half to select a class in RGA but it lacks the Create your own class option that RGH has.
Spoiler: hue (Open)

MrSetharoo
Forum Regular

Post by MrSetharoo » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:20 am

Oh wait RGA has its own Create a Class feature?
Animal Mother wrote: I prefer RGA over RGH solely because RGH slows down player speed when wielding heavier weapons. Yes, that's how it is in CoD but it just isn't fun in Doom. Also Doom has that thing where you actually get more view bobbing the slower you move and with how much some of the weapons restrict your movement in RGH, the view bobbing becomes ridiculous (way beyond even STALKER level) and makes me motion sick.
Yeah, I know what you mean
Last edited by MrSetharoo on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

piratefinn

Post by piratefinn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:06 pm

I prefer this all round, though its level system is annoying and I prefer the one used in RGH.
"This sorta situation gettin' kinda bad." "Kinda bad? This here's horrible we're gonna DIE!" "Yeah but I ain't worried." "How is you ain't worried?" "'Cus you can smack 'em all with yo dang-a-lang." "Oh snap, you're right." *whips out BFG*
I'm in game as CubedSoul.
Also we need a BFG similar to beta Doom, other words a Christmas gun.

ArcheKruz

Post by ArcheKruz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:10 am

This is actually pretty good, I like that health regen is not over the top and that more powerful monsters are added.

What mapsetss would you recommend with this?
Last edited by ArcheKruz on Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

piratefinn

Post by piratefinn » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:48 pm

ArcheKruz wrote: This is actually pretty good, I like that health regen is not over the top and that more powerful monsters are added.

What mapsetss would you recommend with this?
Co-op friendly map wads like Vanguard by skillsaw work very nicely. What really are ideal are maps where there are a LOT of enemies, especially difficult ones and it doesn't take like as long as Doom II's Map 1: Entryway to finish (in other words no time at all).
Linear maps which aren't overly complicated to find the keys are nice, since RGA is more concentrated on the action.
Personally I think fighting 4 Thamuz at the same time would make one interesting :P
"This sorta situation gettin' kinda bad." "Kinda bad? This here's horrible we're gonna DIE!" "Yeah but I ain't worried." "How is you ain't worried?" "'Cus you can smack 'em all with yo dang-a-lang." "Oh snap, you're right." *whips out BFG*
I'm in game as CubedSoul.
Also we need a BFG similar to beta Doom, other words a Christmas gun.