Codex Crucible 1.2 (Updated 26 Nov 19)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Buckethell
New User

Codex Crucible 1.2 (Updated 26 Nov 19)

Post by Buckethell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:09 pm

Have you ever downloaded a mod, and wanted to see all those mad modders implemented features and mechanics to their full extent ?
Yes ?
No ?
Well, I sure did.

That's how Codex Crucible is born.

It features the Main Hall (the starting area), that connects to the Codex Cloister (where you can find multiple groups of all the items, weapons, ammo, power-us.

Inside the Codex Cloister, to the south-west side, there is a portal, that portal leads you to another area; the Arena of Sin where all the demons of Hell will be spawned randomly (and for all eternity) inside the area, you can test how long can you survive, or how much the hellish spawn can endure your modded arsenals slaughter.

Back to the Codex Cloister, to the south-eastern side, there is another portal that will take you to the Spawning Halls, this area features multiple halls, each of those halls will spawn a specific demon when you interact with the hall-respective lion heads.

Versions & Changelogs :
Spoiler: (Open)
Version 1.0 (04 November 2019) [First Release]

Version 1.1 (06 November 2019) changelog:

- Added the Spawning Halls (now accessible throught the teleport on the right) where you can activate each lion statue to spawn specific demons.

- Lights, shadows, dynamic shaders overhaul, now the Crucible looks more mean

- Enhanced Arena of Sin, now with more details, colored lights and glowing evil sectors, plus added some items and power-ups, the spawning of the monsters now is more fair and less frustrating

- Minor geometry polishment to the entire Crucible

- Items reallocation, now they are more separate from each other, so you can be more selective with what you want to pick or less

- Some areas now are more visible to increase accessibility

Version 1.2 (26 November 2019) changelog:

-New area to test your skills (accessible throught the central portal)

-Revamped a lot of geometries, lightnings, effects and 3D floors

-Further items optimization placement, now you should be able to run it with the heaviest mods too

-More pleasing a smooth atmosphere to look and explore

-Changed the MIDI from "Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss" to "Dimmu Borgir - A Succubus in Rapture"

I don't think I will update this map again (unless bugs) because I don't have really nothing in mind to add, but never say never.

Enjoy.
Screenshots:
Download :
The map is for DooM II and GZDoom 3.0+ is recommended, as this map uses scripts, slopes, sector colors,3D, Polysectors and other GZDoom related features.
I used GZDoom Builder to create the map.
If there are bugs or you have ideas, just let me know.
Last edited by Buckethell on Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Buckethell
New User

Re: Codex Crucible 1.1 (Updated 6 Nov 19)

Post by Buckethell » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:15 pm

Updated to 1.1

Download on the first post.

Version 1.1 (06 November 2019) changelog:

- Added the Spawning Halls (now accessible throught the teleport on the right) where you can activate each lion statue to spawn specific demons.

- Lights, shadows, dynamic shaders overhaul, now the Crucible looks more mean

- Enhanced Arena of Sin, now with more details, colored lights and glowing evil sectors, plus added some items and power-ups, the spawning of the monsters now is more fair and less frustrating

- Minor geometry polishment to the entire Crucible

- Items reallocation, now they are more separate from each other, so you can be more selective with what you want to pick or less

- Some areas now are more visible to increase accessibility

Screenshots https://imgur.com/a/mG07m5G

Buckethell
New User

Re: Codex Crucible 1.2 (Updated 26 Nov 19)

Post by Buckethell » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:35 pm

Updated to 1.2

Version 1.2 (26 November 2019) changelog:

-New area to test your skills (accessible throught the central portal)

-Revamped a lot of geometries, lightnings, effects and 3D floors

-Further items optimization placement, now you should be able to run it with the heaviest mods too

-More pleasing a smooth atmosphere to look and explore

-Changed the MIDI from "Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss" to "Dimmu Borgir - A Succubus in Rapture"

I don't think I will update this map again (unless bugs) because I don't have really nothing in mind to add, but never say never.

Enjoy.