TDBots Mk2 - v1 (11/05/2022)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
darkmessenger84
New User

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v14 (11/6/2019)

Post by darkmessenger84 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:46 pm

TDRR wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm
darkmessenger84 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:57 pm
Hey there.

I just came across this, and have just been messing around with the Zandronum version. I have looked at the source code and saw that it could use some optimisation.

I have uploaded a modified version to my cloud storage. Take a look and see what you think. :)
It's a pretty good modification, i don't quite get the weird spacing (It made it a lot less readable to me) but all other changes were definitely great. I'll admit, i'm a terrible ACS coder so it's good someone came and lent me a hand because i surely would have made the code even messier :smile:

Good job with it, i will be adding these into v15.
The spacing is a force of habit to me, and it made it easier to read at least for me.

Each to their own lol.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v14b (24/6/2019)

Post by TDRR » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Updated! Bots perform around 4 to 16 times faster in Zandronum. Most computers should be able to handle 64 bots at more than 40fps. Now 4 bots barely affect performance (like 0-5fps loss at most)

Nothing at all changed in the ZDoom version so it's still at v14.

Also updated the Quake Champions: Doom Edition patch, bots can now use active abilities and they now recieved the same optimization as the v14b update on Zandronum. (This is the only patch that requires such an update, all other compatibility patches recieve the optimization without any change to them)

Download link in the OP, as always.

EDIT: Added usage guide in the first post.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v16 (2/8/2019)

Post by TDRR » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Updated! This update packs a new options menu, complete with descriptions for each of the options and difficulty presets. Bind a key to the menu in the "customize controls" menu. Also added an option to reduce the bot's field of view, called tdbots_lessfov. It can be 1 or 0, if 1 the bot's FOV will be of 120 degrees, not 360.

Also was very curious to see if the TDBots could be done back in the Skulltag days, and suprisingly, it can be done with most of the features of the Zandronum version, including CVARs! You can get this version in the OP under the "other versions" spoiler. It works with Skulltag 0.98d, and once the ST content is removed, with ZDoom 2.3.1 too.
So this means that the TDBots could have been created back in... 2009?! Wow that's a decade ago! Shame i wasn't around back then, only found out about Doom in 2014.

Added a new compatibility patch, for Skulltag Content (In Zandronum) and Skulltag Emulation (In ZDoom + derivatives). Obviously requires Skulltag Emulation in ZDoom, and Skulltag data + actors or Skulltag Content in Zandronum. To clear any confusion, it works with both mods. And the version for the Skulltag sourceport doesn't require this patch.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v16b (18/8/2019)

Post by TDRR » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:21 am

Updated! This update is Zandronum only. Now the TDBots should respawn offline and online.

Also, the "DMFLAGS changed to" message should no longer appear more than once, which is great because it was annoying.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v17 (26/8/2019)

Post by TDRR » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:22 am

Updated! This update is fairly big. Including custom actions and custom class speeds both editable directly from the mod-side itself, Node Studio, support for saving waypoints into .nod files, and updates to the bot movement system.

I have added more waypoints to the first post, so make sure you try them out. I also added information about loading, saving and making nodes on the usage guide, so give that a read too.

Just a friendly reminder: If you want to contribute anything to the mod, be it bug reports, feature suggestions, waypoint files, code submissions, bot chat lines, Youtube videos, or whatever, just go ahead and post them here and i'll gladly put them in the mod or the first post.

Download link in the first post, as always.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v18 (16/9/2019)

Post by TDRR » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:29 pm

Updated! This update is even bigger, and perhaps larger than any previous one. Here are some highlights:

TDBots now have two new versions: Eternity and MBF-compatible. To enable them in these sourceports, you can load the TDBots file for that port
and use the -dogs <amount of bots> parameter. Max is 3 bots.
In Eternity, they use the Plasma Rifle, Chaingun, Rocket Launcher, Shotgun, Super Shotgun, BFG and the Pistol, all with accurate timings.
In MBF it's just Plasma Rifle, Shotgun and Chaingun due to limited state resources.

Bots won't shoot allies in co-op anymore. Yes, for real this time! They still do in Zandronum, sadly, since it's missing the CLOFF_SETTARGET flag.

Added bot teleport calling. You can bind a key to do this in the
customize controls menu. When pressed, a random bot of whichever are
connected to the server will teleport to your location.
Takes a 30 second cooldown after every use, so be careful.

tdbots_playerbot will now work even if tdbots_enable is 0. This means real
players can become TDBots while the rest of bots are still ZCajun.
Kinda fun that the hardest ZCajun bots stand no chance!

Bots now use all Heretic and Hexen artifacts (except for the torch) and Bots now use the Heretic gauntlets like a Melee weapon, not a long ranged one.

Merged Node Studio into main .pk3 file. Start it with the "Start Nodestudio" option in the TDBots menu.

Increased speed of bots (They were far too slow before, should now be accurate to Doom now)

tdbots_chat should now work properly at all times (It's a serverside CVAR tho) and added a new option: tdbots_roamchat. If 0, bots won't chat when doing nothing.

Added a new global flag: TDBots_NoAnimation. If an actor with this name is
defined, the TDBots won't simulate animations. Fixes a bug in QCDE where
bots dropped armor shards twice.

Added a new weapon flag: BotCloseRange. If the bot has this item, it will stay
within 256 units of it's target. Useful for Shotguns and the like.
Also applied to the supported IWAD weapons. Yay for intelligent Shotgun usage!

Cleaned up ACS code. Thanks to darkmessenger84 for his contribution and CVARINFO and DECORATE are now tidier, as well as the .pk3 structure.

Node Studio: Exported node lists are now exported correctly, no more unintended nodes at x:32760, y:32760. Node downloads have been updated to reflect this.

Node Studio: Removed XXXXNodes CVARs from CVARINFO. Everything is the same but when you type MAP and press tab you shouldn't get a bunch of empty
nodelist names. (You will still get a few if a .nod file is loaded though)

That was quite a lot! There's also a couple more changes in the changelog, so read it if you want to know everything added/changed in this update.

Download links in the OP, as always.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v18 (16/9/2019)

Post by TDRR » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Doomenator wrote:
Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:38 am
Adblock blocks all your shitty links. :biggrin:
Ugh what a load of trash adfly is. I knew it was bad but now everyone's telling me that the continue button doesn't even work for them. Thanks for telling me, i'll get on it.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v19 (4/11/2019)

Post by TDRR » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:59 am

Sorry for the long delay, but i got plenty fixes, additions, tweaks and compatibility patches to make up for it! v19 has dropped and with it, Brutal Doom v21, LCA and Q compatibility! Even better, i removed those crappy Adf.ly links and replaced them with Mediafire links! Sorry for not removing them earlier, i was waiting for this update to be 100% tested and done.

Here's some highlights:

-Nodes can now be loaded from a LANGUAGE lump, so mappers can easily include TDBots nodes into their map without having to place them in the map itself.

-Added weapon flag "BotForceInacc", makes bots simulate refire spread. Normally bots are 100% accurate at all times with weapons that are only
inaccurate after the first shot, but this "fixes" that limitation.

-Fixed Last Man Standing (Zandronum-only) compatibility.

-Fixed a few bugs with the bot teleport call mechanism. Still haven't gotten
the crash some people mention but i haven't been able to test much online.
Until that crash gets fixed, tdbots_allowteleport will default to 0.
(So please don't set tdbots_allowteleport to 1, to avoid a server crash)

-TDBots_NoAnimation should actually work now.
I named the flag "TDBots_NoAnimations" even though it's meant to be
written without the S. Oops!

-Skulltag patch should now work with modern GZDoom, also made the Minigun properly inaccurate (With the "BotForceInacc" flag)

-Added a patch to forcibly disable animations. This is for people who want to be able to gib TDBots, and also avoid deathsounds playing twice.
Grab this patch in the "Waypoints and other addons" spoiler in the OP.

I recommend reading the full changelog in the first post if you are a modder or are interested in the more cosmetical changes. Download link in the first post as always!

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:44 am

Can someone upload the bot config file somewhere else that isn't this absolutely awful ad hell website?

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:52 am

Zakken wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:44 am
Can someone upload the bot config file somewhere else that isn't this absolutely awful ad hell website?
I do not know how this version is relevant, but I guess it's not that big a deal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Post by Zakken » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:01 am

This works good, thanks a lot!

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:19 pm

Zakken wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:44 am
Oops! I forgot to update that link here, it's now on Mediafire. By the way, the bot config is not required for Zandronum, in fact it's completely useless in Zandro.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v20 RC1 (20/1/2020)

Post by TDRR » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:59 am

Updated! I don't usually do this "Release Candidate" kinda stuff but, since i really want v20 to be a super-stable update, i had to.

NOTE: Rocket Arena mode doesn't work with Hexen, and probably not with most maps that include an ACS script file, i'm trying to fix it but it's a rather hard to debug issue.

Here's the full changelog since it's a small update anyways:
-Added Rocket Arena mode. (Also added a way to set up weapon and ammo lists for
mods that want better support for this mode, but it's not 100% required.
Info on TO_MODDERS.txt as always).

-Added Doom 64: Retribution v1.5 compatibility patch.

-Reorganized all code in multiple ACS files instead of everything being
on TDBOTSMAIN.acs. All that code compiles as TDB_Main.o.

-Fixed game identification breaking after one level of co-op.

-Fixed bots facing downwards while playing co-op.

-Very minor performance optimizations to bot spawning code. (Yes, again)

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v20 "Final" (21/1/2020)

Post by TDRR » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:13 am

Updated! Just a small hotfix update, this is now the final release of v20. (No, not the final TDBots release, there will be more!)

Basically it just makes Rocket Arena work fine in Hexen, as well as fixing various bugs with Hexen support. Even if you don't play Hexen, i really recommend updating.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v21 (11/2/2020)

Post by TDRR » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Updated! Here are the changes:

-Fixed player not automatically switching to starting weapon on map start if
"Switch on Pickup" was disabled.

-Fixed various bugs with NodeStudio. In particular, you can now make nodes for
Hexen/UDMF-format maps with ACS without any errors.

As always, download in the first post.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v22 (13/2/2020)

Post by TDRR » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 am

Here's an update. And oh boy it's a great one, there's only one real change here but it's something freaking awesome:
-Zandronum now has full waypoint support, yes, seriously!
It's not perfected yet, but it works, and it works well enough for now.

Everything works almost identically between both source ports, same procedure to make nodes, same way to load the nodes (The same node files are compatible with both source ports) and mostly the same node following between both ports. A teeny bit of performance difference, but the gain in bot intelligence is well worth a bit of slower performance. (It's not forced anyways, you can use low precision node following or even none at all, if you notice a large slowdown!)

Download link in the OP, and enjoy!

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v23 (17/2/2020)

Post by TDRR » Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:54 am

Updated! 3 updates in 7 days? That was rather quick! This should be the end of "the waypoint saga" or whatever you wanna call it.

Oh, and since the first anniversary of the bots is getting ever closer, i wanted to release a bunch of compatibility patches for a bunch of mods that day. Thing is, i don't have any good ideas, but i'm feeling generous so if someone has a suggestion that hasn't been done before, please tell me!

Here's the full changelog, since there aren't that many changes anyways:

-Added a new waypoint list version (v1, last version is considered v0)
Improvement: Now can specify waypoint type (Normal, Jump, Precision).

-Added a new waypoint type: Precision. This waypoint type means that the bot
should not try to dodge attacks after touching a waypoint of this type, and
this effect is reversed once it touches a waypoint of any other type. Useful
for places with little walking room where falling down is very dangerous,
or otherwise undesirable.

-Jump Waypoint now works properly and takes the player's JumpZ into account.

-Fixed nodelist detection, now if the CVAR is not defined, no "Nodes found"
message will be displayed.

-Bots will no longer strafe when following nodes in Zandronum (It's unnecessary
and just causes trouble, and this didn't happen in ZDoom anyways)

-The "start deathmatch on map" options will now automatically close the menu
once used.

Download in the first post, as always.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v23b (18/2/2020)

Post by TDRR » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:44 pm

Updated! This update just fixes a mistake i did with the previous version, where waypoints were visible in normal gameplay. This change has been reverted, and now the waypoints are invisible when not editing them, as intended.

Download in the first post, as always.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v24 (12/3/2020)

Post by TDRR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:34 pm

Updated!

This update only fixes a critical bug in Zandronum, where waypoints could infinitely spawn copies of themselves, slowing down gameplay a LOT after a while.

Even if you are a ZDoom user, it's still recommended to update, as certain ZDoom versions did present this issue too.