TDBots: The fast-performing bots v16b (18/8/2019)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
darkmessenger84
New User

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v14 (11/6/2019)

Post by darkmessenger84 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:46 pm

TDRR wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm
darkmessenger84 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:57 pm
Hey there.

I just came across this, and have just been messing around with the Zandronum version. I have looked at the source code and saw that it could use some optimisation.

I have uploaded a modified version to my cloud storage. Take a look and see what you think. :)
It's a pretty good modification, i don't quite get the weird spacing (It made it a lot less readable to me) but all other changes were definitely great. I'll admit, i'm a terrible ACS coder so it's good someone came and lent me a hand because i surely would have made the code even messier :smile:

Good job with it, i will be adding these into v15.
The spacing is a force of habit to me, and it made it easier to read at least for me.

Each to their own lol.

TDRR

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v14b (24/6/2019)

Post by TDRR » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:46 pm

Updated! Bots perform around 4 to 16 times faster in Zandronum. Most computers should be able to handle 64 bots at more than 40fps. Now 4 bots barely affect performance (like 0-5fps loss at most)

Nothing at all changed in the ZDoom version so it's still at v14.

Also updated the Quake Champions: Doom Edition patch, bots can now use active abilities and they now recieved the same optimization as the v14b update on Zandronum. (This is the only patch that requires such an update, all other compatibility patches recieve the optimization without any change to them)

Download link in the OP, as always.

EDIT: Added usage guide in the first post.

TDRR

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v16 (2/8/2019)

Post by TDRR » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:50 pm

Updated! This update packs a new options menu, complete with descriptions for each of the options and difficulty presets. Bind a key to the menu in the "customize controls" menu. Also added an option to reduce the bot's field of view, called tdbots_lessfov. It can be 1 or 0, if 1 the bot's FOV will be of 120 degrees, not 360.

Also was very curious to see if the TDBots could be done back in the Skulltag days, and suprisingly, it can be done with most of the features of the Zandronum version, including CVARs! You can get this version in the OP under the "other versions" spoiler. It works with Skulltag 0.98d, and once the ST content is removed, with ZDoom 2.3.1 too.
So this means that the TDBots could have been created back in... 2009?! Wow that's a decade ago! Shame i wasn't around back then, only found out about Doom in 2014.

Added a new compatibility patch, for Skulltag Content (In Zandronum) and Skulltag Emulation (In ZDoom + derivatives). Obviously requires Skulltag Emulation in ZDoom, and Skulltag data + actors or Skulltag Content in Zandronum. To clear any confusion, it works with both mods. And the version for the Skulltag sourceport doesn't require this patch.

TDRR

Re: TDBots: The fast-performing bots v16b (18/8/2019)

Post by TDRR » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:21 am

Updated! This update is Zandronum only. Now the TDBots should respawn offline and online.

Also, the "DMFLAGS changed to" message should no longer appear more than once, which is great because it was annoying.