Armored Front RETURNS!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Armored Front RETURNS!

Post by Jigsaw » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:32 am

Well, I never thought I'd make it this far, but seems like I did. As some of you may remember, I put up a thread a while ago about Armored Front, there were a few public testing servers, but the project kinda just stalled because of things that are out of my control.

But today, I am proud to present to you... Armored Front r1.5! So, what's new?
- First and foremost, bugfixes, bugfixes and more bugfixes. The prior versions of Armored Front came with shameful bugs, but r1.5 squashed them all.
- Balance. When balancing the strength of purchasable equipment, I also took into account the difficulty of using them. Some weapons hit very hard, but it's hard to land a proper hit. Some weapons are weak, but are very easy to use. Everything is tailor-made to your skills and preferences.
- Implemented a perk system. Some of the folks who've been testing 1.4.1 with me have seen this before. Besides weapons, explosives, medkits and armor, you can now also purchase special abilities called Perks, which impact the performance of your character, or add extra abilities.
- Loadout Save feature. If you have a favorite loadout, you can save it as a setting on your computer. When you join an Armored Front game, the server will check if you have a loadout set, and automatically gives you that loadout, no questions asked. Unfortunately due to a Zandronum limitation you have to hop off the server in order to save the loadout for now.
- An improved headshot system.
- A complete visual overhaul. The HUDs, the menus, and even some of the weapons have received a facelift to make everything look nice, modern and aligned.
- Two new maps, courtesy of SUNMadcat.
- And much, much more!

When can I play this?
There are still things for me to finish (mostly aesthetic), and some things that need to be fixed might turn out when the first testing servers start, so r1.5 probably won't be the last update. I'm making this thread because there's not an awful lot of time until I can release it, but I don't want to give an ETA yet.

What does the new version look like?
Look no further.
Spoiler: Show Images (Open)
Spoiler: New Visuals, new HUD (Open)
Spoiler: Improved Headshot System (Open)
Spoiler: The new Menu (Open)
Spoiler: Driving Mechs has never been this fun! (Open)
Spoiler: 12 Brand New weapons! (Open)
So, here it is! This project has been going on for about 2 years and someday soon I'll release it. This feels great, and I sincerely hope you guys and girls will like it!

Zakken
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Clan: Power Fragging
Clan Tag: [PF]

Re: Armored Front RETURNS!

Post by Zakken » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 am

Clean designs! Is this a coop-only mod?

Jigsaw
Forum Regular

Re: Armored Front RETURNS!

Post by Jigsaw » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am

Zakken wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:57 am
Clean designs! Is this a coop-only mod?

Thank you! And no, it's team vs team, it uses the TeamGame(ACS) gamemode of Zandronum.