DUBG - 2.0 RC2 (12/03/2020) (fixed links!)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
TDRR
Forum Regular

DUBG - 2.0 RC2 (12/03/2020) (fixed links!)

Post by TDRR » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:18 am

Doomguy's Unknown Battlegrounds

DUBG, currently in v2.0 Release Candidate 2, is a mod that adds a bunch o' weapons to Doom and makes the
experience a bit more varied but without absolutely murdering balance. It has also neat stuff like cars and PvP+PvE glory kills, along with a small filesize, It's also compatible with Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest and Square.
Additionally it includes 3 maps, 1 is Doom City by Shamus Young albeit modified, and the other two are Ralphis' magical ice forts by, well, Ralphis, and FortressCTF by ZDoomBot Creator. Do note that to play the CTF maps you need to choose team deathmatch, not Capture The Flag.

Let's get to the good stuff, shall we?
Spoiler: Features! (Open)
  • -D-Touch/Zandro/1.8.6 Compatible! (well, duh)
    -Optimized for VERY potatoey computers and phones
    -Animated using the latest TEXTURES technology, saving a lot of disk space
    -15 new weapons
    -Optional Bolognese Gore patch with special deaths for chainsaws and point-blank SSG shots, glory kills, and """ragdoll""" physics by point-blank Shotgun shots.
    -Works with the TDBots!
    -Vehicles!
    -Female status bar face controlled via the current player skin
    (That means it works on GZDoom too!)

-Vertical SSG recoil
    -Compatibility with Adventures of Square, Chex Quest, Heretic and Hexen.
    -One menu where you can switch to the next map, add/remove bots and a bit more
    -Splitscreen compatibility using SSZDoom and the file DUBG-Splitscreen.pk3
    -(Optional) Sprays! code from this adapted for 1.8.6 (currently not ingame)

-3, count em', THREE new maps! (DoomCity by Shamus Young, Magic Ice Forts by Ralphis, Fortress CTF by ZDoomBot creator)
    More in later updates.

-Compatible with most monster mods!
    -Compatible with D4V, and numerous DEHACKED mods!
    -Compatible with basically any map compatible with ZDoom except ones that fiddle-diddle with your inventory
    -Player vs Player Glory kills
    -A bunch of stolen borrowed sprites
Spoiler: Weapons! (Open)
Fist: Your fist, which alternating both fire and altfire keys can combo, and killing an enemy player
with the fist executes a glory kill animation
  • AltFire: Use your right fist, alternating this with fire
    allows you to execute combos
    Ammo: Infinite (You can't run out of fist)
Chainsaw: The great communicator! Straightforward, just press the fire key to COMMUNICATE YOUR DESIRE TO HAVE THEIR WEAPONS!
Doesn't pull you around, but has slightly less range than usual and higher chance of stunning, so be very careful when using it!
Has a cool pickup animation and turns stuff into a pile of meat!
Ammo: Infinite (I was going to make it consume fuel but that felt too weak)

Pistol: Just a regular semi-automatic handgun
  • AltFire: Toggle laser sight, boosting damage and accuracy
    at the cost of firing speed, can be held akimbo to fire faster and have more rounds.
    Ammo: Bullets
    Clip capacity: 18 bullets
Colt Revolver: A strong single-action revolver with great accuracy
  • AltFire: Fire an aimed shot with twice the damage and twice the ammo cost but with the ability to penetrate through targets
    Ammo: 2 Bullets per shot
    Clip capacity: 6 shots
Shotgun: A pretty accurate pump-action shotgun
  • AltFire: Kick, dealing a fair amount of damage
    Ammo: Shells
    Clip capacity: 10 shells
Super Shotgun: A very strong double barrel shotgun with a moderate reloading time and recoil that can be used for vertical and horizontal mobility
  • Ammo: Shells
    Clip capacity: Draws directly from ammo pool
Assault Shotgun: An automatic shotgun with fast firerate, but slow reload time and big spread
  • AltFire: Kick
    Ammo: Shells (See a pattern yet?)
    Clip capacity: 20 shells
Minigun: A really fast firing minigun,but it has a LOT of recoil, also, ammo consumption
  • AltFire: Nothing
UAC Compact SMG: A side-loaded sub machinegun with a fast firerate but a fairly long reload
    Clip Capacity: 35
Assault rifle: A rifle that works best in short controlled bursts to keep accuracy
  • AltFire: Switch between Burst/Automatic firemodes
    Clip Capacity: 25
Heavy Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher: Just the regular Doom rocket launcher but with reloading.
    Ammo: Rockets
    Clip Capacity: 2
Grenade Launcher: A grenade launcher that can be used to bounce grenades around corners
    Ammo: Rockets
    Clip Capacity: 2
UAC Mark II Plasma Rifle: Your regular plasma rifle with a heat accumulating mechanism
  • AltFire: release the heat
    charged after 20 shots
    Ammo: 1 cell per shot
    Clip capacity: 40 shots
UAC Mark II Railgun: A very powerful Railgun with perfect accuracy but at a small speed
penalty
  • AltFire: Zoom in, immobilizing the user (pretty heavy eh?)
    Ammo: 10 Cells per shot
    Clip Capacity: 40
The BFG 10k: The latest in plasma technology, this gun delivers a lot of really hot plasma at a frightening rate,
the ammo consumption is frightening, too
    Ammo: 10 Cells per shot
    Clip Capacity: No reloading
Mysterious red sphere: Has a chance to spawn in place of the Soulsphere or Megasphere
  • AltFire: ???
    Ammo: ???
Spoiler: Vehicles (Open)
Note: To use vehicles, get close to them and press the "Use" key
They are controlled using your movement keys or any device you use for moving
Press E to get off them
Code for these vehicles is to be rewritten for more realistic handling

Motorbike: A regular motorbike with great speed but crappy handling
Health: 150

Green Car: A normal car with bad speed but great handling
Health: 500
Spoiler: Screenshots! (outdated but eh they work fine) (Open)
Credits can be found in the main PK3 itself.

Remember to bind your keys before playing, and to have a look at the DUBG options menu!
EDIT: Also remember to set the compatibility flag "Send Full Button Info" to on if you are going to play on a map with vehicles, i only now figured out that's why the vehicles freaked out online.

Download 2.0rc2!
Download bolognese gore+PvP glory kills patch!
Download Adventures of Square compatiblity patch!

Patch meant for playing with SSZDoom (split-screen ZDoom) with it, in an Xbox 360 controller LT throws grenades, and A reloads and is also the "use" button. Using other controllers requires X360CE.
Download SSZDoom compatibility patch

Feedback is greatly appreciated, any suggestions will be considered.
Last edited by TDRR on Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."
-Isaiah 61:10 (Names of God Bible)

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: DUBG - 2.0 RC1 (New name still pending)

Post by TDRR » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:56 am

2.0 RC1 is here. Not AS huge as i was going to do it, however there's still a large amount of improvements, additions and changes.

Many weapons recieved a rebalance, some got improved animations and sprites, there's a new bolognese gore patch with the ability to glorykill monsters, added a chainsaw with a kinda cool pickup animation, added various graphical effects, and fixed various bugs.

Download in the first post as always.
"I will find joy in Yahweh. I will delight in my Elohim. He has dressed me in the clothes of salvation. He has wrapped me in the robe of righteousness like a bridegroom with a priest’s turban, like a bride with her jewels."

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:04 am

The second link is the same as the first.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Post by TDRR » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:22 pm

Fixed, thanks for reporting.

TDRR
Forum Regular

Re: DUBG - 2.0 RC2 (12/03/2020)

Post by TDRR » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:35 pm

2.0 RC2 is here.
This actually was possible since 2.0 RC1, but forgot to mention it: You can play D4V with DUBG's weapons, if you enable "dehacked compatibility" in DUBG's menu and load D4V first, and DUBG last. Same with various other mapsets that use DEHACKED, as well as monster and other DEHACKED mods.

Brief changelog follows:
-New Super Shotgun, graphics by... Uh, Franco Tieppo or Necronxxis (hope i spelled that right)? Smooth anims by HenryRenry, a.k.a ok_henry. Removed it's alt-fire.
-Revolver has been re-balanced, and has a longer reload animation to balance out it's firing power.
-Chainsaw now always gibs enemies with a gibbing animation, even without the monsters patch.
-Chaingunners will always drop a minigun, even without the monsters patch.
-Some other minor fixes.

Download link in the first post, as always.

EDIT: Big dumb me noticed the links were broken and directed to RC1 instead of RC2, and the monsters patch linked to the main .pk3. Sorry, that has been fixed now!