Work in progress.
In Zombie Horde 2, you travel across various parts of the world, and countless dimensions.
Fight off the hordes of zombies in these places, and prevent yourself from getting infected.
Do you have what it takes to fight against a horde of zombies?
Zombie Horde is a mod that has been in development for 6 years by Xsnake.
With vast and original features, Zombie Horde has quickly taken place in the community.
Even now the mod brings filled servers and diverse enhancements with it.
And now, its sequel is coming.
Spoiler: early WIP screenshots (Open)
Spoiler: I have played the old Zombie Horde up until ZH-Beta28. What can I expect to see upon release, which is different compared to the old version? (Open)
- A game remade with great knowledge of how Zandronum works, allowing incredibly smooth gameplay.
- Seamless joining and spectating while the game is preparing, and an improved queue system which allows you to start the game as a spectator.
- Smooth and good-looking weaponry with more alt-firing.
- Very responsive weaponry that allows you to switch between each weapon quickly
- Great game effects, which you can toggle off if you want.
- Beautiful new maps with great scripting and secrets.
- Old maps, remade for Zombie Horde 2, which received great visual improvements, scripting and bug fixing.
- A big list of options for you to toggle as a client to change the game to your liking, such as toggling radio, effects, enabling resists on your hud, and even the colour of your flares!
- A game build upon ACSutils, a very powerful library which makes programming very easy!
- Great traffic handling for clients.
- An improved music system, allowing players to have seamless music depending what is happening.
- Improved player handling using advanced ACS features. No more sliding on the floor!
- New footsteps handling using a very powerful remake of TheZombieKiller's footsteps code, exclusively for Zombie Horde 2, including sneaking feature.
- Great new looking zombies and player skins
- Custom radio music!
- Great new mapping features and tools, allowing making a map for Zombie Horde incredibly easy! (read post #3 on how to make your own map very easily)
What you can expect in the future
- A revamped achievement system
- A leveling system, packed with upgrades as you improve
- Saving and loading your account through a database
- Invasion, a new gamemode
- An option to enable virus infecting on humans, which appeared in an old version of zombie Horde, but was never really build upon.
- A stream of new maps, remade maps, items and weapons as the mod improves.
- Unlockable weapon packs
In Zombie Horde you play many different community and developer-made maps of many types.
As a human you will have to survive the hordes of zombies that come to infect and kill you.
As a Zombie, you destroy everyone. No mercy.
This mod is a total reboot. NONE of the old code from Zombie Horde 1 has been used.
This mod aims to improve Zombie Horde with all new features possible by Zandronum, including a database system and various complex scripting functions and possibilities.
Your standard loadout consists of a effective line of weaponry and tools.
Spoiler: weapons (Open)
Effective for medium damage at short range.
Fire: Fire an accurate 5-pellet shot at your target.
Alt-fire: A quick defense for close zombies. fires a wide-spread 5 pellet shot with quick cocking
Effective for medium damage and big knockback at short range.
Fire: Fire a devastating 20-pellet shot at your target, with massive knockback.
Alt-fire: Fire a single barrel with half the power.
Woundable chain gun
Effective up to medium range.
Fire: shoot many bullets at a high rate of fire. Effective for crowd control.
Alt-fire: preparatory wound up for quicker firing when needed
Highly effective up to high ranges.
Fire: Fire a deadly bolt for high damage, but slow firing rate.
Alt-fire: optionable zoom for higher ranges.
As a last resort, when all else fails.
Fire: Fire a small bullet for low damage but fairly high rate of fire and low knockback.
Spoiler: tools (Open)
Great defense tool, can be thrown varied distances.
Fire: Unpin and steady. Hold longer for further throw.
Alt-Fire: Having second thoughts? You can always repin.
The infamous gun from Jack, a real zombie killer.
Fire: Shoots a massive bullet, destroying everything it touches.
But humans are not the only ones with weaponry.
Spoiler: Zombie abilities (Open)
Push away blocking obstacles with this ability
A deadly spit. Damages, blinds and significantly slows down your target.
When this ability has fully cooled down, you will spit a bigger ball of acid.
Acid with a cooldown will have less effect on your target.
Feature not available on release.
Make a giant leap to your opponent. Distance can be modified.
Feature not available on release.
Vision pulse ability
Gain knowledge of your target's positions and reveal those that hide from you.
This mod brings two gamemodes upon release.
ZM - Also known as survival maps. In these maps survival is key.
Know the area you explore and take advantage to its secrets.
You must survive a set amount of time to survive the map. Find that perfect hiding spot and utilise it.
ZE - Also known as escape maps. In these maps there is no hiding possible.
In one way or another you will die if you dont make it to the end.
Team up and defend yourself as you venture through the map to the safezone.
Custom radio music
As most of you know, the radio is quite an iconic secret weapon in Zombie Horde. And it's back, and much improved!
Next to the improved user interface and usage, you are now able to add in your own music.
This is not required though. If you don't want to do this the default tracks will still exist in the mod.
To download a template, including explanation inside, download the pk3 here.
When you filled out your template, place it inside the skins folder inside your Zandronum folder.
Bug support, repository management, the brain behind ACSutils
Artists and contributers
- Sergeant Mark IV
- Xsnake, for making all of this possible.
Thank you to all the present and future mappers and testers as well.
You can join our discord by following this link to get notified of the latest progress and discussions.
This mod will require zandronum 3.0 to play.
This mod is made for OpenGL. Software mode has been supported to a certain playable extent, but we strongly encourage the use of OpenGL rendering.
This thread will be updated frequently. Any criticism or feedback is appreciated.
Alternatively, you can follow this link to a Zdoom thread.
Although the ZDoom thread has no more information than this one, it does contain different replies, should you want to read it.