Anyway, this is a pretty big long term project. (For me anyways...I don't plan on doing it alone.) The idea is a roguelike along the lines of something Sword of Stars: The Pit and similar roguelikes.
- Very hiked difficulty. Dark Souls level stuff. Expect all enemies to be able to kill you easily.
- Totally randomized levels and spawns. You will never experience anything the same way twice.
- Reloading weapons and enemy weapons. All enemies equipped with guns will reload periodically and give you an opening. You will have the same openings.
- Loads and loads of traps. Also some tools to help find them.
- Managed inventory. Namely, limited weapons, ammo, and items. I would love to do grid inventory, but that's beyond my ability with ACS.
- Several starting classes. Each one will have different starting equipment and some unique weapons and equipment.
Some things I need from other people:
I need a mapper to build maps, but the maps have to be very large to accommodate heavy randomization. Multiple pathways and a large number of rooms are a necessity.
There also needs to be an ACS script built we will call "Questbuilder" that will make sure players can finish the level.
What I'm working on right now:
Spoiler: Weapons and tools (Open)
Spoiler: Classes (Open)
Spoiler: Enemies (Open)
Spoiler: Traps (Open)
Spoiler: Extras (Open)
The project will be released individual WADs to make it more customizable and easily moddable. It will be designed as a gameplay template.
I'll update this some more later.
Edit: Picked a name. Added some planned classes.