[WIP] The Pigger - Turn demons into pigs!

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Shukkie
New User

[WIP] The Pigger - Turn demons into pigs!

Post by Shukkie » Mon May 28, 2018 10:01 pm

Well thats my first mod ever for doom, it adds a weapon that turns enemies into pigs and the Artipork/Porkelator from HeXen. :v:

The Pigger has a 25% chance to replace a random RocketBox spawn, it uses 200 cells per shot.
The Artipork/Porkelator doesn't spawns anywhere, i'll change that later.
Here's some screenshots:
Screenshot_Doom_20180528_184514.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180528_183613.png
Screenshot_Doom_20180528_183705.png
Pig sprites taken from HeXen (obviously)
I will add more weapons later.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kovo77ghh ... Pigger.pk3

Feel free to give your opinion, any weapon suggestion for this mod is welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Real Paradise Lies Eternally In The Person Who Dreams Of It.

Samuzero15tlh
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: <skr>

[WIP] Re: The Pigger - Turn demons into pigs!

Post by Samuzero15tlh » Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 am

Welp, since you started with the modding, the people will criticize you judging by their experience, so its up to you to take all of the advices (or ignore them) in order to make your project better, and to start this off, I'll try to get straight to the point in your weapon addon.
  • So, the weapon design could be better, but maybe it's good enough for this.
  • You definitley need to switch that fire sound, it would sound silly but its unfitting to the weapon design. (UNLESS INTENDED)
  • A custom ammo type for this weapon could come in handy for this, because hey, cells are our reliable ammo when using the plasma rifle and the bfg. I suppose that you're using the cells as a place holder for it.
  • The bullet-puffs does'nt do damage at all... (unless its a gfx [grafical effect]) In this case i'd recommend you to replace those effects, it could lead to the player to get confused, if the player is damaging the enemies with some bullet attacks or just porkin them. (Now that i think of it, maybe a BOMB like attack should do the trick, dunno just an idea)
If you need some help on the particle effects, you can always relay on the doom's comunnity mods, learn from them and implement them in your style, but don't you ever dare to copy-pasta the things that you look at it. (Unless that the author gave the permission.)

And... well I can't say anything else. The last thing that I should say to give you the best of luck.

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 am

Needs some polishing but not bad. If this is your start when it comes to modding, then its a good start.

Shukkie
New User

Post by Shukkie » Wed May 30, 2018 2:59 am

thanks for commenting, guys! i cant give a good reply right now but later i will explain some things, Samuzero, thanks for your tips!
Madcat! lol :v: i used your monsters mod to test this weapon, thanks for commenting!

Shukkie
New User

Post by Shukkie » Wed May 30, 2018 10:24 pm

Samuzero15tlh wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 3:40 am
So, the weapon design could be better, but maybe it's good enough for this.
Indeed, i'll try to improve it soon.
You definitley need to switch that fire sound, it would sound silly but its unfitting to the weapon design. (UNLESS INTENDED)
It was intended but i guess i'll change that too, its kinda ridiculous... xD
A custom ammo type for this weapon could come in handy for this, because hey, cells are our reliable ammo when using the plasma rifle and the bfg. I suppose that you're using the cells as a place holder for it.
Yeah... I'll try to create a custom ammo type for the weapon.
The bullet-puffs does'nt do damage at all... (unless its a gfx [grafical effect]) In this case i'd recommend you to replace those effects, it could lead to the player to get confused, if the player is damaging the enemies with some bullet attacks or just porkin them. (Now that i think of it, maybe a BOMB like attack should do the trick, dunno just an idea)
Yep, its a gfx, i'll see what i can do to replace it. :P
If you need some help on the particle effects, you can always relay on the doom's comunnity mods, learn from them and implement them in your style, but don't you ever dare to copy-pasta the things that you look at it. (Unless that the author gave the permission.)

And... well I can't say anything else. The last thing that I should say to give you the best of luck.
Thanks!

madcat wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 4:46 am
Needs some polishing but not bad. If this is your start when it comes to modding, then its a good start.
Thanks again!