[FINAL] Hexen: Courtyard of Korax's Castle

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
The_Spartan94
New User

[FINAL] Hexen: Courtyard of Korax's Castle

Post by The_Spartan94 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:16 pm

Hexen: Courtyard of Korax's Castle v1.1

New Hexen mod released! Complete, self-conclusive, short (around 30 minutes of game if you know exactly what to do).

The mod plays in a castle invaded by Korax and its minions. The characters will break through the gates of the first wall and the external garden, reaching the inside of the castle which can be further designed.
It features:

-Two brand new classes: the Vampire and the Marksmen.
-Alternative fire for some weapons
-New monsters
-New decorative objects
-New weapons
-A new complete hub to be played
-Retrocompatibility with software mode
-Support for deathmatch and cooperative

Download link:
https://andrewnetwork.ddns.net/files/he ... rtan94.pk3

Other images:
Spoiler: (Open)
Also check my youtube channel, where i uploaded a series of gameplay of this mod:

phpBB [media]

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

[FINAL] Re: Hexen: Courtyard of Korax's Castle

Post by madcat » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:50 am

A nice start, but many (maybe all) the things could have been done better. The new player classes are simply too silly - I would expect the "Vampire" to be able to drain health, and all the Marksmen's attacks are the same, only with different projectile...which is rather dull.

As for new monsters, I see you have recolored the eyes of some Ettins...but that recolors their blood too ( and why would one Ettin have blue blood? )

Taurustar

Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: R

Post by Taurustar » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:19 pm

Well I must say I like the mod, kinda easy but i like it.

Here are some suggestions:

-Check the texture alignment, there are parts that are unaligned to others (Specially with sectors with different heights that Lower and Upper unppeged doesn't work too well)
-The level design I liked it so far, even if it's simplistic, with no so many details, I guess the architecture makes me feel more in the place.
-Try to select more carefully the music for the levels... For example: Orchard music was in the cave... and use the "Vivarium" music in a farm is not quite a good idea... HeXen has a lot of tracks that you could use, and even if you don't have it one for what do you want, the internet is good choice (Unless you know some musician that would like to do a track for you)
-And I've expected a battle to against an Heresiarch or a Korax spirit demon... (those flying chaos serpent doesn't count)
-There are areas that are so dark but can be viewed if you use OpenGL with "Legacy" light settings, and same as I said in the first point, check texture alignment.

But HEY! it's a good mod, I'm really happy to see more HeXen mods arround here... Maybe you could pass over my topic in this forum about HeXen 3 fanmade that is a mod of HeXen.

Keep the good work
HeXentic - Taurustar[R]
-------------------------------------------
http://hexentic.com

The_Spartan94
New User

Post by The_Spartan94 » Thu May 03, 2018 9:14 am

Thank you for all your suggestion, and sorry for the late answer! I really appreciated your support, both bad and good hints are for the best of course.

I wanted to say, the project didn't really start self-aware, I didn't even know I was gonna release it: the ettin's blood colour remapping was just for fun, I know it doesn't even make sense, but I think you can't deny it is funny to see!

I'm really missing stimula and encouragement in making my mods recently, because of the little audience I can reach with Hexen. I think you'll see me again with Heretic or Doom! :) Stay tuned!

madcat
Forum Regular
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Post by madcat » Fri May 04, 2018 7:09 pm

If you plan to use more custom monsters for your project, I would like to offer monsters I made - https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 032#p60032 - check the image link on the first post of the thread.