[WIP] VoD Deathmatch/Duel

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Shane
Forum Regular
Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: [R]

[WIP] VoD Deathmatch/Duel

Post by Shane » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:21 am

After uptight deathmatch I don't really feel like it was the best work I put forward for myself so I'm trying again on my own with VoD.

What is VoD? - it stands for vignettes of death, very little effort put into the name because that's what this wad is all about "very little effort". The idea is that I begin each map with a theme and an idea, and the second I begin to suffer from mapper's block then I begin to draw line sporadically and then figure out how to make it work in post editing. This has resulted in some very generic deathmatch and duel maps, but with a few nuggets of gold strewn about, and really that's all I could ask for in this day and age. As always the maps are created in doom 2 format so I don't have to give much thought in verticality for my maps, I mean 3d floors. Despite the method I just explained I am still giving thought into each maps' design and am willing and open to criticism to anything that may be upsetting or in need of a good fixin'. Maps have been made deliberately simple so changes are quick and easy.

Divinity is a map from uptight duel (dead project) and duel40 which you will find in this wad touched up and rebalanced for duel again, and this is the only unoriginal map that will be included. It only made its way in due to an offhanded conversation with Alexmax, speaking of which you can find this wad on NJ, but currently his version is out of date during the time of this op write-up.

I'm using textures that I created for my other non existent project relived which isn't going to be shown for quite some time, as well as a few remnants of doom alpha textures and some rusted base textures thrown in for good measure. There is a good amount, thankfully, so it's not all going to be just vanilla doom/doom2 textures. I take great pride in the textures I built so feel free to give me crap on them so I can clean them up if need be.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Map01 (Open)
Spoiler: Map02 (Open)
Spoiler: Map03 (Open)
Spoiler: Map04 (Open)
Spoiler: Map05 (Open)
Spoiler: Map07 (Open)
Spoiler: Map08 (Open)
Download: vod-03302018

The current maplist is:

Code: Select all

Map01