[FINAL] RELEASED: Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM/Zandronum

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
The_Spartan94
New User

[FINAL] RELEASED: Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM/Zandronum

Post by The_Spartan94 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:58 am

Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting

This is the official release of the project that I mentioned before with another account and that now i'm really glad to announce.

Yes, what is this mod about?

The mod includes the player classes, part of the second chapter of the Raven Games' saga: Hexen 2. Playerclasses means: movements, attacks, resources needed, and also weapons.
What is peculiar of the project is that it uses actual 3d models animated in MODELDEF.

The project is meant as a resource pk3. Anyone who wants to map and use this classes can freely do it, provided that he gives the right credits to the author.

This is demonstration of the capabilities of the classic Doom ports, that I think I used to most of my knowledge.
Furthermore, this shows that a full porting of the game is indeed possible nowadays (huge amount of work, I know), that is highlighted by a little easter egg I put on the map. (will you be able to find it? 8-) )

Feel free to support, criticize, ask or even actively collaborate with me for new developments!

The releases for downloading are available below in the spoilers in two formats: the beta test release and the resource release, as i already mentioned.
Spoiler: Releases (Open)
Here you have some screenshots:
Spoiler: Screenshots (Open)
phpBB [media]

Some tips about the project:
Spoiler: Tips (Open)
  • I'm not satisfied by some weapons in the game, but where i gave up, it's because of insurmountable problems and limitations of the port, while very powerful in other cases.
  • If you want to use it on your existing projects, you shall modify your maps to include the weapons of the new classes and use the SpawnClasses of the players 4,5,6,7 for all the things in the map.
  • This is also the reason why the standard Hexen campaign will NOT work with this mod.

Ænima
Addicted to Zandronum

[FINAL] Re: RELEASED: Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM/Zandronum

Post by Ænima » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:20 am

Sweet! I actually enjoyed Hexen 2.

This is also the reason why the standard Hexen campaign will NOT work with this mod.
Aww.
­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­ ­
Doom64: Unabsolved: New weapons, monsters, and gameplay features for coop !

ZandroSkins
: a pack made by our community

The_Spartan94
New User

[FINAL] Re: RELEASED: Hexen 2 PlayerClasses Porting on GZDOOM/Zandronum

Post by The_Spartan94 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:14 am

Ænima wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:20 am
Sweet! I actually enjoyed Hexen 2.

This is also the reason why the standard Hexen campaign will NOT work with this mod.
Aww.
Yeah... I'm sorry :mad: This is due to some port limitations i cannot overcome.