[WIP] HeXen III The Land Of The Serpent Riders

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Taurustar

Clan: Renegades
Clan Tag: R

[WIP] Re: HeXen III The Land Of The Serpent Riders

Post by Taurustar » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:24 pm

A new version has been uploaded with fixes on the critical bugs.

Still looking for more problems...
HeXentic - Taurustar[R]
-------------------------------------------
http://hexentic.com

Taurustar

Post by Taurustar » Wed May 16, 2018 6:04 am

Hello Ppl

It's been a long time since my last updates. I had some rl stuff to take care but it doesn't mean that I abandoned this project. Actually I have some progress to share but first of all I'll announce some little stuff.

Next Public test is intended for the first week of June. My main idea is in this last public test until the official release of HeXen 3 wad

-Weapons sprites for Dark Knight is completed.
-Some Bosses and weapons behaviour are changed for more balance and also smoothly effects in their animations.
-It will include the same levels as the last release with some bug fix and also level details. (GZDoom intended only, so probably in zandronum will have some different behaviour)
-Secret Hub will be reopened, it can be accessible in the secret exit on the second hub.
-Dragon prince confirmed. (For those who doesn't know who is him, he is one of the characters in the HeXen: A new World. Also I see that now is included in Scourge of Viscerus with WoC version) However, is not fully defined if he will appear only in dialogs or will have an specific function for the rest of the story. At least for this demo it only will appear and speak to you. (Besides he is the one who gives you hints on the Secret Hub)

Now. I'll show you some progress on the final stuff. Here is the first place on the 3rd Hub "Dark Kingdom", it doesn't have the monsters, items, wepons and puzzles. but at least is the layout of the map combined with some thing placement. Kudos for Madcat who made this awesome and HUGE map.
Spoiler: The Dark Kingdom Map. By Madcat (Open)
Also here is how I'm starting with the Map93: Laos Observatory
Spoiler: Map93: Laos Observatory Early pics (Open)
HeXentic - Taurustar[R]

Taurustar

Post by Taurustar » Sat May 26, 2018 8:41 am

SO THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!

After a couple of months since the last release I'm proud to announce the new Public beta release is up for everyone who wants to play it, it has a lot of new stuff that I'm going to explain in this post. but for those who are impatient in play it, there's a server in Zandronum provided by [HeXentic] that is the official server for HeXen 3 mod, it will be running the HeXen3 Public 2.0 wad.

http://hexentic.com/wads/HeXen3_PublicV2_0.wad

First of all I have to give some of acknowledges for the people who was being directly supporting this mod. the credits were added in this version so you can see the masters of HeXen 3

Changelog
  • Level Design
  • Zandronum bug in the 1st Hub that allows you to skip the Rusted Key in the Swamp of Torik in cooperative is fixed.
  • Shadow Caverns has an extra script when you pick the ring of fire
  • Chaos holder zone in Korax Fortress now is more easy to recognice, besides the zone was enhanced a little with better design
  • The hall near to the Inner Castle entry in the Korax Village was enhanced
  • Some textures were changed in Hub 2
  • The area near of Bell's guard was enhanced
  • The entry of Torik Citadel is now open

Game
  • Secret Hub was added
  • Burai Encounter
  • Even if Burai's encounter is optional, it will affect the ending of the final game, it also grants you the portal directly to Korax Fortress (Otherwise you will return to the South Tower after you finish the hub)
  • Designers Map was put as official map
  • 5th weapon was added to DarkKnight: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon other dark knight to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons an invisible warrior
  • 5th Weapon was added to Monk: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a ghost to revive dead monsters, if you are using the powered version, it summon a wraith ghost that revives monsters but also attacks the enemy
  • 5th Weapon was added to Hermit: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a Elemental Bishop to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons 3 elemental wendigos (fire, poison and ice)
  • Monk ghosts now disappear after a little time (preventing the spamming that you can do in the first beta in cooperative)
  • Hermit 3rd weapon was replaced
  • Monk 3rd weapon was changed to a different weapon and moved to the 5th slot. Also new weapon was added to replace the 3rd slot
  • Melee weapons are fixed with their puffs and damage (Monk and Hermit are not done as weapon itself)
  • Taurustar Decorate was changed, now he attacks better

Graphics
  • Purple Mana sprites changed
  • Credits pic was added
  • Frame animations of some weapons were changed
  • Dark Knight weapon sprites are done.
HeXentic - Taurustar[R]