[FINAL] Midwich Elementary School

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Post Reply
User avatar
Immortal psx
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

[FINAL] Midwich Elementary School

#1

Post by Immortal psx » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:27 pm

This is the final version of the map based on the Midwich elementary school of the game Silent Hill.

Image

download :arrow: http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addo ... hill-5to2/
Last edited by The Toxic Avenger on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: You left the link for editing in rather than the mod page, which was preventing people from downloading. FTFY.

User avatar
PREPPER
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 pm

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#2

Post by PREPPER » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 am

I can't download the map, if you or someone can add a mirror would be nice. It looks nice and detailed just seeing the screenshot.

User avatar
Ru5tK1ng
Posts a lot
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 pm

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#3

Post by Ru5tK1ng » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 am

^here you go:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... xtured.wad

I played a bit of it and I have to say good job. While the doors are cumbersome at times, I can see why you made them like that. I like the little touches of ambient sounds that give a nod to the source. A few times I had the same feeling I did when playing SH years ago of never really knowing what to expect out of a room or area. Plan on doing more maps like this?

User avatar
Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:38 pm
Location: Omnipresent

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#4

Post by Ivan » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 am

Yeah now we can shoot up that school!!!111
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

User avatar
Doomkid
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 883
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:04 am
Location: Aussie Land
Clan: UniDoom
Clan Tag: [UD]
Contact:

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#5

Post by Doomkid » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:33 am

Looks awesome!

User avatar
Immortal psx
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#6

Post by Immortal psx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Ru5tK1ng wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 am
^here you go:

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... xtured.wad

I played a bit of it and I have to say good job. While the doors are cumbersome at times, I can see why you made them like that. I like the little touches of ambient sounds that give a nod to the source. A few times I had the same feeling I did when playing SH years ago of never really knowing what to expect out of a room or area. Plan on doing more maps like this?
Thanks for the link!

User avatar
Immortal psx
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#7

Post by Immortal psx » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:32 pm

PREPPER wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:37 am
I can't download the map, if you or someone can add a mirror would be nice. It looks nice and detailed just seeing the screenshot.
The friend underneath, has adapted a mirror.

User avatar
PREPPER
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 pm

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#8

Post by PREPPER » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 pm

thanks for share your map and repair the link again.

User avatar
JellyTrigger
New User
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 am
Location: USA

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#9

Post by JellyTrigger » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm

Honestly, I was taken back by your wad. It was magnificent and I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end (even if the hell school was rather frustrating lol)

From the suspense of the opening section and slightly dense fog, to the chaos and horror of partly invisible monsters in cramped areas. It was a great mix and pace change throughout the level. I played the re-textured version of the wad and it looked amazing. I often stared at posters for minutes and minutes at a time looking at all the cool details. It really made it feel like a school with piano and other education posters such as reading.

The only gripe I had about it was I couldn't play it with my cousin who also likes Silent Hill. He and I had fun playing in the beginning but had to use "noclip" no continue the adventure together which was a bit of a bummer. It was as tough as nails and I still feel like maybe a little bit more ammo for different guns could have been added, but it was still good.

If you ever make a full recreation of all the Silent Hill maps in the first game I will pay money for that if need be (no joke) it was just that good :biggrin: !

Any who, if you every make this map multiplayer comparable that would be GREAT, but it's still a good single player map.

I give it a good 4.5/5 rating. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.

User avatar
Immortal psx
New User
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil
Contact:

[FINAL] Re: Midwich Elementary School

#10

Post by Immortal psx » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:06 pm

JellyTrigger wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm
Honestly, I was taken back by your wad. It was magnificent and I thoroughly enjoyed it from beginning to end (even if the hell school was rather frustrating lol)

From the suspense of the opening section and slightly dense fog, to the chaos and horror of partly invisible monsters in cramped areas. It was a great mix and pace change throughout the level. I played the re-textured version of the wad and it looked amazing. I often stared at posters for minutes and minutes at a time looking at all the cool details. It really made it feel like a school with piano and other education posters such as reading.

The only gripe I had about it was I couldn't play it with my cousin who also likes Silent Hill. He and I had fun playing in the beginning but had to use "noclip" no continue the adventure together which was a bit of a bummer. It was as tough as nails and I still feel like maybe a little bit more ammo for different guns could have been added, but it was still good.

If you ever make a full recreation of all the Silent Hill maps in the first game I will pay money for that if need be (no joke) it was just that good :biggrin: !

Any who, if you every make this map multiplayer comparable that would be GREAT, but it's still a good single player map.

I give it a good 4.5/5 rating. Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
wow, I really was thrilled, thank you very much for your words, I do this for the fans and community, really thank you.
I really wanted to make the nightmare side a bit difficult, I did not want the players to just use the guns, that's why I put the chainsaw in the beginning.
I really thought about putting the multiplayer mode, but wanted to leave it as close to the original game.
I have plans to create the hospital, sanitarium of the SH origins and some other places. For now, everything is stopped.

I will add the multiplayer when I finish the hospital, also adding in the school.

Post Reply