Polished Skull (Beta 1 WIP 4)

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Minigunner

RE: Polished Skull (Beta 1 WIP 1)

Post by Minigunner » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:32 am

I've implemented shells and casings, and I have yet to get the torch flames to not flicker as badly as they do now. Speaking of torches, I got the big ones done...
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Also, I haven't posted this yet, but I have linked it on IRC before; a second WIP version for Beta 1. It does not have the tall torches yet, but there are several things that have been changed. There's also an in-the-works Classic patch that reverts all the major gameplay changes and basically makes this a lower-quality Particle Fire Enhancer.
The ZDoom-style DECORATE particle system I made for the intention of using in this mod has been made standalone.
Last edited by Minigunner on Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Minigunner

RE: Polished Skull (Beta 1 WIP 4)

Post by Minigunner » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:35 am

>Polished Skull getting attention on /vr/
Yeah, maybe it's best I do at least some updating on the thread. For one, the latest alphabetawip version that I've packaged has been up for a while, but I did not link it here yet; it is in the OP now.
Another thing is that dear lord the crediting situation is a mess. I've been gathering whatever credits I did not keep track of before, and there's a lot more still not mentioned. It's one of the reasons I'm hesitant to continue releasing this. Another would be the desyncing bugs in online play, and just the fact that it isn't common that I actually feel like working on the mod. I'll continue on it though.
Theshooter7 wrote:Also, to all those people who stack players for exploits: I hate you. Do I really need to seal off every inch of every map to prevent you from getting to places you shouldn't?

Minigunner

RE: Polished Skull (Beta 1 WIP 4)

Post by Minigunner » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 pm

New betaWIP has been posted in OP. Among other changes, this version does some critical gameplay fixes, such as making BFG tracers do the right damage again (instead of being piss-weak) and restoring the Archvile's health to 700.