- Super-Interpolated Weapons (oh so original), though there are frames that I made before hearing of Perkristian.
- Blood and Gore (also oh-so-original), but with more thought (and some roflphysics) put into it.
- Critical Hitboxes (oh so- whatever). For now they are limited to zombies and imps (their heads, specifically). Only when idle or attacking can these hitboxes be... hit, and the damage dealt is doubled.
- Visual Enhancements (of course), or rather, a strategically-placed mixture of vanilla-style and PNG effects. Also, monsters move more smoothly without changing their attack frequency.
- Very, very subtle changes to the color palette.
- Fatalities- nope, just kidding. If you want, you can just berserk-punch a zombieman's or shotgunner's head.
- New gameplay elements, such as weapon altfires, recoil, numerous Damage Types, and the aforementioned hitboxes.
- Archvile is now in the health level of a Miniboss! However, he can still be taken down by a BFG attack, and he is weak against the Chainsaw and Super Shotgun. I may muck around with it more.
- Mod Patches will be available in the near-future, specifically for mods like Dynamite DM, Delta Invasion, IGPack, and the like.
Spoiler: The Arsenal: (Open)Fists:
Ah, the good old spiked brass knuckle. Perfect for stunning, or in the case of the Berserk powerup, knocking heads off of shoulders and sending Hellspawn flying.
Double the stun-ability, same entrail-blending potential. It is recommended to turn it off or you will blow your cover.
The pistol is now Semi-Automatic, but it quickly loses accuracy. Its Automatic rate of 150 BPM is enough for near-pinpoint accuracy. The 3-round Burst-Fire can make quick work of a group of zombies.
As real-life shotguns are, this one is incredibly accurate, and there is more damage at point-blank range. However, its recoil is on the powerful side, so be careful with where you're standing.
The Super Shotgun is the above shotgun on Super-steroids. The point-blank damage is immense, and the recoil is enough to launch you in the air, similarly to a rocket-jump. Said recoil is disabled if you are not allowed to jump.
The Chaingun has a short wind-up and wind-down delay, but that can be negated with the long-lasting and quickly-charging idle-spin mode.
The Minigun's wind-down stage can now be interrupted, but there is also a spin-up delay that is longer than the Chaingun. Alternatively, the gun can fire a spin-up barrage of 8 rounds with almost no recoil, then fire at full speed.
There's not much different about the gun itself, but the rocket accelerates to 1.6 times the launch speed after a short delay.
The grenades can either bounce at a slow speed or act as mortars at a higher speed.
Aside from the standard plasma-ball firing (which has a speed upgrade and radiates a little on impact), there is a plasma torch function that vaporizes flammable objects. Also, there is an anti-overheat system, so make sure you don't rush into danger expecting the thing to fire forever...
There's nothing different about the Railgun aside from a change of reloading system and an on-sprite round counter.
A concentrated plasma bombarder that fires a conglomeration of a highly-destructive plasma orb, in-flight and at-explosion electron rays, and superheated radiation ("Don't breathe this!").
The BFG10K now fires hyper-speed explosive plasma balls instead of hitscan explosions. Don't expect to snipe with this, though, as it loses accuracy very, very quickly.
Spoiler: Now for obligatory screenshots (more of an archive, really): (Open)Beta 1 (named so because of its conversion to PK3 format and now for its migration to Zandronum) will be available when it is ready. Also, I will put more info on this page. For now, here are links to VA version 4.1, the last Skulltag version:
^ DISCLAIMER: Current version does not include these.
And here is the latest WIP version.
You might wanna gather some extra files from here as well.
As of WIP3, the Skulltag stuff is completely separate from the main pack, and the mod is compatible with (G)ZDoom. There's also a "net-friendly" patch that makes gibs unshootable and reduces the existing time for blood and gibs. The monster multiplier patches got an update too.