Chopper WAD

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Chopper WAD

Post by one_Two » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

So this is my first wad that has a start and finish that I'm relatively pleased with. It's based on the day in the life of Aussie former criminal Mark "Chopper" Read, and I decided to make it after watching the film a while back.

I only did the mapping and decorate, and a bit of scripting. So tell me whats good or bad. I put an officer guy at the end, ripped from Rise of the triad but it doesn't align properly, don't know whats going on there. Also most of the textures you'll recognize from other wads and who knows, you may have made some of them. But yeah, first proper wad, tell me what you think.

MCR.wad

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Ok so here are known credits:

Doom Center wad (allot of textures)
Tribute.wad (Zalewa, though I have seen the building textures in lots of thing, if anyone has original source would be appreciated.)
Rise of the triad
Lainos for 5till L1 Complex which I might add is a brilliant wad.
And the chopper film for the sound effects.
Almost forgot - Tom's skin for being one of the few available normal human skins (even though he is topless).

I think that is all.

EDIT: I got rid of the pickup sound. Hurt sound remains, thinking what to do with it :/
Last edited by one_Two on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Springy
Forum Regular

RE: Chopper WAD

Post by Springy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:39 pm

I would if you can try, do a credits list with this. DLing now and will leave feedback, looks interesting.
EDIT: Encountered something quite off putting within the first few seconds of playing, the sounds used for the enemies to be exact, they are quite annoying when repeated like that. I would personally either take them out or reduce the level of sound they make and try to make them repeat less.
Last edited by Springy on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Springy wrote: I would if you can try, do a credits list with this. DLing now and will leave feedback, looks interesting.
EDIT: Encountered something quite off putting within the first few seconds of playing, the sounds used for the enemies to be exact, they are quite annoying when repeated like that. I would personally either take them out or reduce the level of sound they make and try to make them repeat less.
Yeah probably should have mentioned that. I'll look into a random with the original pickup sounds or something.

Springy
Forum Regular

Post by Springy » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Fair enough, I don't know why I said enemy sounds I meant pickup sounds. Not actually bad for a first wad well done.
[quote=Zero X Diamond ]Careful, you don't want to push that Pikachu dude to action. Who knows what unspeakable things lie in store for you? Maybe he'll... send you another nasty tweet![/quote]
[quote=Sonter_Man]Autism runs amok on zandaemon[/quote]

katZune
Forum Regular

Post by katZune » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

is nice tbh, but is a bit short anyways is good for be ur first wad
Whitout a good PC ATM, i will back when 2.0 come out, :)
Spoiler: The True (Open)
Ijon Tichy wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: Banned on grandvoid for trolling Zombie Horde and all out war (blocking, destroying my own base, etc)
Kicked from El Zoido's all out war for nuking our teams base
Kicked again from el Zoido's server for fucking up the warfactory so bad that mechs couldn't spawn anymore
I see no offenses here

only justice

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm

katZune wrote: is nice tbh, but is a bit short anyways is good for be ur first wad
Thanks, from the start I visualized making a big city with loads of walk in buildings, as it's supposed to resemble Melbourne. But maybe that was a bit ambitious for a first wad.

Llewellyn
Forum Regular

Post by Llewellyn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:14 pm

one_Two wrote:I only did the mapping and decorate, and a bit of scripting. So tell me whats good or bad. I put an officer guy at the end, ripped from Rise of the triad but it doesn't align properly, don't know whats going on there.
The extra whitespace at the bottom of the sprite itself is what is causing the issues, you autoaligned the sprites with SLADE3 I assume, but the whitespace threw it off.

Also lolwut nazis?
Last edited by Llewellyn on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

one_Two
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by one_Two » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:09 pm

Llewellyn wrote:
one_Two wrote:I only did the mapping and decorate, and a bit of scripting. So tell me whats good or bad. I put an officer guy at the end, ripped from Rise of the triad but it doesn't align properly, don't know whats going on there.
The extra whitespace at the bottom of the sprite itself is what is causing the issues, you autoaligned the sprites with SLADE3 I assume, but the whitespace threw it off.

Also lolwut nazis?
Yeah that'l be why. Also I put Nazi's in as they were the closest looking sprites to humans.