All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
User avatar
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3
Contact:

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#161

Post by jdagenet » Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm

Purple Luck wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 am
Were the changes in the map design really necessary? Most, if not all, were fine with the maps. The designs itself are nice, it just wasn't needed.
Yes they were, take 04 for example: Terrible map design. Both Obe’s could see way out into the mid, why? Hell the Obe could see nearly 100% of the base anyway, which is to strong.

Again, look at 06: Only one entrance into the base and the Obe had a direct line of sight to it, why was it ever this defensive? Almost impossible for the enemy to get without a util making defenses, and if there was a util don’t count on it.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

User avatar
madcat
Forum Regular
Posts: 360
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:16 pm
Location: Czech republic
Clan Tag: [Sun]

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#162

Post by madcat » Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 pm

I think the "cheap weapon being too weak" combined with "donations possible only after 250 experience points" takes the feeling of strategy from aow away. Back in days when these things were not present and Mechs were still cheap, it was possible to decide the winner of a game in 5 minutes - if all the players of one team co-operated, donated one researcher and then donated each other for an early mech rush, the opposite team usually had no chance. I have seen many matches like that. But today, its possible to decide the winner of a game in 45 seconds - if 2-3 players manage to conquer the tiberium field of the opposite team, prevent the opposite team from harvesting - then the opposite team can't make any money, nor donate ( how do you get experience points if you can neither harvest or kill the attackers who are better equipped ),
and the whole match can be claimed over. I play AOW almost every day and I can see that like 50% of the current matches are like that. It does not matter much who is a better strategist or who has better teamwork - frag-making skill and rush to the enemy tiberium field ( especially on maps where there is only 1 acceptable tiberium field per team ) is all a player needs to win the whole game...not much of a strategy game there, no? Of course this is only my opinion ( but I know that some other players share that opinion ) and I mean no offense but personally I think that AOW is losing its spirit.

User avatar
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#163

Post by Combinebobnt » Tue May 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Purple Luck wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 am
Were the changes in the map design really necessary? Most, if not all, were fine with the maps. The designs itself are nice, it just wasn't needed.
yes
madcat wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 pm
I think the "cheap weapon being too weak" combined with "donations possible only after 250 experience points" takes the feeling of strategy from aow away. Back in days when these things were not present and Mechs were still cheap, it was possible to decide the winner of a game in 5 minutes - if all the players of one team co-operated, donated one researcher and then donated each other for an early mech rush, the opposite team usually had no chance. I have seen many matches like that. But today, its possible to decide the winner of a game in 45 seconds - if 2-3 players manage to conquer the tiberium field of the opposite team, prevent the opposite team from harvesting - then the opposite team can't make any money, nor donate ( how do you get experience points if you can neither harvest or kill the attackers who are better equipped ),
and the whole match can be claimed over. I play AOW almost every day and I can see that like 50% of the current matches are like that. It does not matter much who is a better strategist or who has better teamwork - frag-making skill and rush to the enemy tiberium field ( especially on maps where there is only 1 acceptable tiberium field per team ) is all a player needs to win the whole game...not much of a strategy game there, no? Of course this is only my opinion ( but I know that some other players share that opinion ) and I mean no offense but personally I think that AOW is losing its spirit.
yes

User avatar
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#164

Post by Combinebobnt » Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 am

thanks rust for the mastodon, best mech yet Image.

thanks jason for the best aow2 update ever made so far (yet), my win streak must be approaching 20 soon. too bad the (almost) entire playerbase cant handle it. Maybe aow2 is just meant to be a bad mod. wonder if it will live to see a mech update.

The new map edits barely change much and yet aow06 actually ended before sudden death, amazing. still havent gotten to play 04

User avatar
Cacolord
New User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:00 am
Location: Canada
Clan: nyugga

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#165

Post by Cacolord » Fri May 18, 2018 12:32 am

aow back???

De-M-oN
Forum Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#166

Post by De-M-oN » Sat May 19, 2018 7:35 pm

madcat wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:40 pm
I think the "cheap weapon being too weak" combined with "donations possible only after 250 experience points" takes the feeling of strategy from aow away. Back in days when these things were not present and Mechs were still cheap, it was possible to decide the winner of a game in 5 minutes - if all the players of one team co-operated, donated one researcher and then donated each other for an early mech rush, the opposite team usually had no chance. I have seen many matches like that. But today, its possible to decide the winner of a game in 45 seconds - if 2-3 players manage to conquer the tiberium field of the opposite team, prevent the opposite team from harvesting - then the opposite team can't make any money, nor donate ( how do you get experience points if you can neither harvest or kill the attackers who are better equipped ),
and the whole match can be claimed over. I play AOW almost every day and I can see that like 50% of the current matches are like that. It does not matter much who is a better strategist or who has better teamwork - frag-making skill and rush to the enemy tiberium field ( especially on maps where there is only 1 acceptable tiberium field per team ) is all a player needs to win the whole game...not much of a strategy game there, no? Of course this is only my opinion ( but I know that some other players share that opinion ) and I mean no offense but personally I think that AOW is losing its spirit.
You was a bit earlier than me. I forgot to wrote here about it. I recorded a demo with me ranting about it - and the hilarious thing about it: Exactly my ranting topic happened at AOW07 disastrous. Just watch the disaster with boozer playing deathmatch.
THIS HAS TO STOP (!)
Maybe an idea would be to have a harvester vehicle like in C&C, which you get once (but with a decent amount of HP), but if it is destroyed you cant build a new one (or any other ideas to balance out) but this would hopefully stop this deathmatch nightmare on tiberium fields (meaning that you can harvest a specific amount of money even if you get constantly attacked) Just watch the demo how awfully it destroys the game if harvester murderer is/are around... It destroys the game it sucks so hard -.-

http://killerinstinct.ath.cx:2000/files ... boozer.cld

@Combinebobnt Wouldnt have happened if I would've faced your mech :P I assure you that ;-D

User avatar
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member
Posts: 1894
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:37 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#167

Post by Combinebobnt » Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 am

I c what u mean by the above tiberium stuff now. AOW2's economy seems basic and can probably be improved but I don't have a real solution so uh good luck jason. I think the donation xp thing was implemented to stop trolling w/ spectate rejoin and this is an unwanted consequence. I do like being able to donate early game. There is a bigger problem tho in that if the fate of the game is so easily decided by fragile harvesting and donations, the whole system itself is a problem lol. If copying C&C more properly than Voltlock works go ahead but i guess brainstorm options. AOW2 needs alot of work still to become a viable wad.

User avatar
Purple Luck
New User
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am
Location: USA

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#168

Post by Purple Luck » Mon May 21, 2018 1:53 am

jdagenet wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 4:26 pm
Purple Luck wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 am
Were the changes in the map design really necessary? Most, if not all, were fine with the maps. The designs itself are nice, it just wasn't needed.
Yes they were, take 04 for example: Terrible map design. Both Obe’s could see way out into the mid, why? Hell the Obe could see nearly 100% of the base anyway, which is to strong.

Again, look at 06: Only one entrance into the base and the Obe had a direct line of sight to it, why was it ever this defensive? Almost impossible for the enemy to get without a util making defenses, and if there was a util don’t count on it.
You know, you make a good point.

User avatar
Purple Luck
New User
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am
Location: USA

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#169

Post by Purple Luck » Mon May 21, 2018 1:55 am

Hope that DAR guy gets banned. No sense in doing what he did.

satori
New User
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:41 am

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#170

Post by satori » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm pretty frustrated that AOW2 did in fact revive for a bit and I was not there at all. Damn it.

I'm currently in a not-great situation but when I fix that I can definitely play Doom again.

AOW2 you're my best friend and I love you, please don't die.

De-M-oN
Forum Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:04 pm
Location: Germany

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#171

Post by De-M-oN » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:41 pm

It constantly dies which frustrates me. Its by far my most loved multiplayer game and due to constantly dying of this mod I can so seldom play it :-(
And I know of nothing which is comparable to this game. This is quite unique o.o

User avatar
jdagenet
Forum Regular
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:08 am
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3
Contact:

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#172

Post by jdagenet » Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:45 am

Image
Something big is coming...
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

User avatar
fr blood
Frequent Poster Miles card holder
Posts: 994
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:04 pm
Location: France

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#173

Post by fr blood » Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:42 pm

bruh omg after how many years

Goatse
New User
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:03 am

Re: All Out War 2.2 - r050518 Released

#174

Post by Goatse » Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:43 am

jdagenet wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:45 am
Image
Something big is coming...
Interesting, when? What is more interesting is who the developers are and how to reach them. It looks like the "3" symbol is ai generated.

Post Reply