Infirnex's Push v2: The Merging Is Complete and Tournament Ready

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Infirnex

Infirnex's Push v2: The Merging Is Complete and Tournament Ready

Post by Infirnex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Obligatory link to the base mod: https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5423

Welcome back to Push!

The add-on has kinda taken a life of it's own. It's become less of an add-on and more of a continuation of Push itself. As such, there is just the one file now. The add-on has been merged into the regular file.

I am going to be accepting and managing community maps for Push

With that in mind, even though the link is in the top of the thread, I feel as if its worth copying this info from it:
Spoiler: Mapping Information (Open)
If you're interested in helping with Push, the biggest thing we could use at the moment is maps. We already have 70, but the more the merrier.

Mapping for Push is extremely simple, considering how the maps are all basically just "large arena and instant-kill floor". Detailing and fancy work is generally minimal, emphasis is on making an arena with an interesting layout and easy-to-maneuver architecture.
I dumped out the first map in, like, ten minutes and people seemed to like it. Weird!

If you're so inclined (and we would deeply appreciate your efforts), requirements are as follows:
- Hexen or UDMF format (UDMF preferred).
- Instant-kill floor.
- Very large layout. Most maps are generally around the 10240-unit limit.
- Tracker music. Tracker music has both high quality and a small filesize. If you're not familiar with tracker music, don't worry and I'll pick a track for it.
- Don't make goatse.
- Yeah...
- That's pretty much it.
- I'm gonna get some hot chocolate.

Please either post submissions in the thread, pm them to me, or post them in the IRC.
Best way to contact me to submit a map is on Discord; I'm in the official Zandronum Discord.
Spoiler: Cvar Info for Hosters (Open)
p_suddendeath 1 - Enables (1) or disables (0) drone spawning.
p_timelimit 4 - How long (in minutes) till drones spawn from the start of the match.
p_punchdrunk 0 - Only fist mode. 1 to enable.
p_triggerhappy 0 - NO fists mode. 1 to enable. I don't really know what happens if both this and punchdrunk are 1. I wouldn't try it.
p_playerdrones 0 - If enabled (1), causes players to come back to life as drones after they die to harrass other players.
p_nohazards 0 - Disables hazards in some maps, though functionality is sparse. 1 to enable.
p_forceclassiccolors 0 - If enabled (1) in non-team games, lasers will always be blue and grenades will always be green.
p_surfnerf 1 - By default, you can only grenade jump up to 15 times without landing ("surfing"). Setting this to 0 will disable this, and allow infinite grenade jumps.
p_brightpro 0 - By default, projectiles use an additive translucency, which can be hard to see. In bright maps, it switchs to a much more visible (thought argubly uglier) regular translucency. Setting this to 1 will *always* make them regular translucency.
Spoiler: Core Changelog (Open)
From v1.1 > v2
  • Files have been merged. No more PCOM file.
  • Clock is now added to the hud.
  • ^The color of the clock will match your team color.
  • X-Ray Visor now show's the target's team color as well.
  • Drones now work in any mode, useful for TLMS.
  • PUSH38 was prettied up, and got some other additions.
  • PCOM16's ring was segmented, no longed as safe as it was before.
  • Added PCOM18.
  • ^PCOM18 by Infirnex.
From v1 > v1.1
  • Fixed up the changelog and credit scripts.
  • ^The PCOM changelog says v1 > v1.1...minor issue, will fix later.
  • Surfing nerf is now toggable.
  • p_runninginzandro bug is fixed.
  • Push gun now has a dummy fire state with no flash or sound, intentionally designed to make it look less weird during latency.
  • Push menu updated a bit. MENUDEF cleaned up a bit as well.
  • Added black outlined talk bubbles.
  • Ifrit missiles on PUSH60 are slower.
  • Added a new color, Devoid.
  • Added a server option to always shoot 'bright' projectiles.
From 0.8beta > nfrx-1
  • Added a Push menu for all push related settings.
  • Added cvars to make the laser and grenade colors changeable, sprites were altered to accommodate. Will also automatically be switched to team colors when on team (for all those team modes y'know?).
  • Added a cvar to swap firemodes.
  • Added a server cvar to force classic colors on the weapon because I'm sure someone will complain in a strict tournament setting otherwise somehow.
Spoiler: Add-on Changelog (Open)
Merged into v2

From v3 > v3.1
  • Dwango Hill Zone fixed.
  • ^PCOM17's Grass and Tree sprite names have been fixed to avoid conflict.
  • ^A complete revamp for PCOM17 is planned.
  • PCOM03 got a new layer of platforms.
  • PCOM05 altered to have more kill fields on the side.
  • ^The platform in the middle now raises and lowers. No longer always safe.
  • PCOM12 has new platforms added near the bottom, underneath the 3d floors.
  • PCOM15's moving platforms are now slower, and some static ones are added.
  • PCOM07 received a minor touchup.
From v2 > v3
  • Added PCOM09-PCOM17.
  • ^PCOM09 and PCOM17 by Infirnex.
  • ^PCOM10-15 by Lorenzo.
  • ^PCOM16 by Vioz.
  • Removed the old PCOM06 "Facing Worlds II", replaced by a new map.
  • ^New PCOM06 by UniversalQuantifier.
  • PCOM03 has been completely redone.
  • PCOM05 has gotten some new platforms.
  • PCOM07 has gotten a touch up overall.
From v1 > v2
  • Added PCOM05-08.
  • ^PCOM05-08 by Infirnex.
  • The new version of PUSH63 has been moved to PCOM04.
  • ^PUSH63 has been restored, updated to be more "bumpy"
  • PUSH49's blue rocks were frictionless...why? Fixed. Also some polish.
Spoiler: Add-on Specific Credits (Open)
  • PCOM01, by Infirnex & Kenny.
  • PCOM02, PCOM03, PCOM04, PCOM05, PCOM07, PCOM08, PCOM09, PCOM17, PCOM18 by Infirnex.
  • ^PCOM02 and PCOM03 Black and Green Textures by Agaures (aka Krumzy).
  • ^PCOM03 textures recolored by Infirnex.
  • ^PCOM03 Skybox by StumpyStrust, recolored by Infirnex.
  • ^PCOM07 textures by David Gevert.
  • ^PCOM17 textures by the SRB2 team, originally by Sonic Team.
  • ^PCOM18 textures by DrDoctor.
  • PCOM06 by UniversalQuantifier.
  • PCOM10, PCOM11, PCOM12, PCOM13, PCOM14, PCOM15 by Lorenzo.
  • ^PCOM10-15 Textures from cc4-tex.
  • PCOM16 by Vioz.
  • ^PCOM16 textures recolored by Vioz.
Download push-nfrx-v2.pk3 here
Last edited by Infirnex on Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Galactus
Forum Regular

Re: Infirnex's Map Pack for Push

Post by Galactus » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh no not a level with added wind effect! Aside from that, Yes! Finally a Push update. Hope this could somehow revitalize Push.

Untitled
Forum Regular

Post by Untitled » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:39 pm

So is this going to just be a personal thing, or are you intending at some point to make this an open map pack that other people can submit maps to?

Infirnex

Post by Infirnex » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:51 pm

I'm open for making a community map pack, though I do wanna keep a separate version for my maps so I can edit them at leisure.

I'll contact Term about the community map pack.

Infirnex

Re: Infirnex's Community Addon for Push

Post by Infirnex » Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 pm

Massive changes, see first post

Infirnex

Re: Infirnex's Community Addon for Push - v2 is here. Yes. I'm serious.

Post by Infirnex » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello everyone. Long time no see. Life is a thing. It's not always nice, but not the point.

I have finally come around to releasing v2 of the add-on. Not joking. Almost two years after the first version. I'm aware interest for Push hasn't been high at all recently, but I was surprised one day to see FNF feature it one day, and it brought me to go back and try again. After some life stuff happened, I had a bit of creative spark to go back and continue working. It's been sitting on my HDD for a week now and I figure I release it before I forget cause I will.

In this update, not many changes to my map have been made:
  • PUSH49 has had the blue rock platforms correctly adjusted to have friction. Idk how it was frictionless before. Some minor detailing as well.
  • PUSH63 has been restored to the original canyon layout, but I have modified it. The taller pillars have been shortened, and the map is very bumpy now. The idea is that a grounded direct hit can still launch you into the air like this, which will succumb you to the wind much more harshly.
  • The version of PUSH63 that was in the last version of the community addon has been moved to PCOM04, now called Dusty Ruins. This version does NOT have wind, being a much more competitive map. I felt the wind really needed a lot of space to work and not be annoying, but really liked the layout as well.
The main addition with v2, however, is 4 new maps for Push. Not counting PCOM04 here, as it's just a rebranded version of a previously released map:
Spoiler: PCOM05 - "Trinity" (Open)
This map made me hate working with Triangles. Like a fucking lot.
But I like the design. Originally inspired by SpaceNoxx on UT99, Trinity ended up being it's own thing. I'm not the largest fan of "donut" maps though, so I put in a little gimmick. The center area is a kill field, and will kill you when you touch it. However, the field is well above the actual floor. This means that recovering on the kill field is extremely difficult, and at times, impossible. Luckily, it's a relatively tiny area, and has a safe space in the middle.
Spoiler: PCOM06 - "Facing Worlds 2" (Open)
As mentioned above, Trinity was inspired by a UT99 map. However I wanted to make some UT representation in the end. Multiple maps were considered. SpaceNoxx, Pyramid, a gutted Deck, Morpheus (may still do), a gutted Morbias/Fractal, and of course, Face. Regular Facing Worlds would have to be either gutted (inside tower? LOLNO), or have the towers non enter-able. But while I was pondering that, I remembered that Face had more than one official version, and as it turns out, Face 2 didn't really need much more modifying to work well.
A shit ton of 3d floors later, and Face 2 is here. There's also a Face 3 in existence. We don't talk about Face 3.
Spoiler: PCOM07 - "Inside the Pyramid" (Open)
A result of me wanted to make my own competitive, closed in style of map. Very simple layout, only one, very minor gimmick (in the form of a moving pillar), and a very closed in space. Not really much to say, probably my simplest map period.
Spoiler: PCOM08 - "Rusty Rig" (Open)
I'm not great with names, alright?
I quickly noticed that all of the maps in the coming update were symmetrical, which I generally don't like to do. I also wanted to make a larger than average map, with a bunch of overlapping paths. Rusty Rig went through a couple stylistic revisions before settling on this. No gimmicks on this map either, it's a relatively simple brawl on this machine.
The download for v2 is in the first post.
Maybe this update makes you want to contribute a map? I am still completely down for others to chime in. Though 8 out of 8 maps are by me, I'm still leaving this as a community add-on for others to contribute as they wish.
Hopefully Push gets a tiny spike of more attention with this. Whatever the case, I hope you enjoy the new maps. Go out there and dunk some people.

Infirnex

Re: Infirnex's Push: Community Add-On v3 & Core v1 - It's a colorful world.

Post by Infirnex » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:15 pm

Happy holidays, and I got some new stuff ready for you guys!

I now have a new core file of my own, which lets me add some things that I feel didn't belong in the add-on. Currently what's added is a menu, an ability to swap fire and alt fire, and most notably, the ability to change the color of your laser and grenade!
Have a look at the menu:

On top of this, a new update is out for the Add-on. This comes with 10 new maps and 1 completely reworked one, and it's not just me this time 'round.
I'm not as good as term with writing a little quip for each map as Term is, so I hope just the image of the map will suffice this time.
Spoiler: PCOM03 "Xi" - Infirnex (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM06 "Club Push" - UniversalQuantifier (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM09 "Silent Shrine" - Infirnex (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM10 "Filth" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM11 "It Turns Red" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM12 "Glitch Flow" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM13 "Drunk Lighting" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM14 "Melt Cucumber" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM15 "Grey Sun" - Lorenzo (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM16 "Corrosive" - Vioz (Open)
Spoiler: PCOM17 "Green Hill" - Infirnex (Open)
Changelog and download is on the front page! Hope everyone enjoys the new content!

So all that said, what's the future for Push atm? Currently I need a break; been very burnt on Doom recently. After that, I've been looking into trying to bring a new gamemode into Push somehow, most likely Domination, but nothing is set in stone. Have some mapping ideas still as well.

Marcaek
Forum Staff

Post by Marcaek » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:09 pm

Looking forward to running some of this in the hopefully near future!

Infirnex

Post by Infirnex » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 pm

Happy Valentine's Day!

A new update is released. Mostly bugfixes and some touch ups this time round.
As always changelog and download are on the OP.

Infirnex

Re: Infirnex's Push v2: The Merging Is Complete and Tournament Ready

Post by Infirnex » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:33 pm

A new update is out!

The main thing is that the files are merged. You only need to load the one file...no more add-on file. At this point, this has been considered a continuation of push rather than just an add-on so...yeah.
Some QoL additions too, especially for TLMS. Handy for the tournament coming up.

A new map is out as well:
Spoiler: PCOM18 "Cosmic Deck" - Infirnex (Open)
Hope you all enjoy! Stay safe, wash your hands.