[FINAL] [ZCC] Zandronum's Community Classes - Vanilla Version Released

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Catastrophe
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[FINAL] [ZCC] Zandronum's Community Classes - Vanilla Version Released

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:56 am

A community class-making project
What is this?
This project is an attempt to pool-together custom player classes created by the community for fun in TLMS, LMS, DM, TDM, etc.
What types of player classes?
Anything that's reasonable. There is no theme to follow, just make something and submit it. Hell, you can make SJAS v2 for all I care.

What about balance?
When it's done everything will be balanced out. So don't worry about classes that might have 9 million hp.

Rules?
All resources are allowed
Custom ACS is allowed
Don't make a class that crashes
Design it for Zandronum 2.1.2
Class must have at least one custom weapon

Notes
Don't worry if you're inexperienced, anything goes
Balance this around PvP
Don't worry about altfire ammo not showing up on the HUD, we'll be using a minimal hud for this that shows it. It'll be basically the fullscreen hud.
Player TID's will start from 1000 and upwards

WHEN WILL IT FINISH?!
This version has little to no balancing: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... ashake.pk3
This version is balanced around PvP: http://www.wad-archive.com/wad/d2efc92a ... 728a40904c

Is there a template to start with?
Yup, here's a standalone version of an old class I made that uses a little of everything: http://allfearthesentinel.net/download? ... xample.pk3 Feel free to use this as an example. If you're gonna rename it, don't forget to edit keyconf.txt!

Helpful resources
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Creating_new_player_classes
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Player_properties
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Weapon_properties
https://zdoom.org/wiki/Weapon_flags

Classes so far
Mecha Demon
Nano
Weapon Hacker
Zane
Walkerrr
EZ-700
Sloyer
Heathenslayer
Revy
Force Commander
Gargoyle

Please post below if you're interested in making a class.
Last edited by Catastrophe on Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

[FINAL] Re: [ZCC] Zandronum's Community Classes

Post by Dark-Assassin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:13 am

I thought ZCC was taken by Zandronum Community Client

Fused
Contributor

Post by Fused » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:24 am

Catastrophe probably knows. I don't really care though
My mods
Image Image

My socials
Image Image

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

Would the class need replacements for all weapons like classes for Samsara, or would they start with all their weapons with no weapon pick-ups anywhere, or some other option that I didn't think of?
"For the world is hollow, and I have touched the sky."

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Empyre wrote:Would the class need replacements for all weapons like classes for Samsara, or would they start with all their weapons with no weapon pick-ups anywhere, or some other option that I didn't think of?
They start with their weapons, think of it like GvH.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:23 am

Why are you aiming for Zandronum 2.1.2? The 3.0 beta is working pretty well, and it allows more functionality. I don't think you want this project to be nearly outdated when it is released.

jdagenet
Forum Regular
Clan: Cube
Clan Tag: A3

Post by jdagenet » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:30 am

Empyre wrote:Why are you aiming for Zandronum 2.1.2? The 3.0 beta is working pretty well, and it allows more functionality. I don't think you want this project to be nearly outdated when it is released.
I don't imagine any class requiring the new editing features that 3.0 has to offer. Designing for 2.1.2 would allow for backwards compatibility when 3.0 does come out.
<Dynamo_>uh
<Dynamo_>did you just take the thread away
<FusedQyou>Dunno
<FusedQyou>ask the thread

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:31 am

jdagenet wrote:
Empyre wrote:Why are you aiming for Zandronum 2.1.2? The 3.0 beta is working pretty well, and it allows more functionality. I don't think you want this project to be nearly outdated when it is released.
I don't imagine any class requiring the new editing features that 3.0 has to offer. Designing for 2.1.2 would allow for backwards compatibility when 3.0 does come out.
Yes, exactly. If there is something very limiting in 2.1.2 that's only in 3.0, let me know and I'll update the rules to accommodate for this.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:44 am

I was wanting to adjust the sparsity of rails from A_RailAttack. However, I just tried it without that, and it looks alright.

Here's a first draft of my class, with all the weapons greatly tuned down versions of my opweapons, as close as I could get to normal weapons' damage, and it works in 2.1.2.

WeaponHacker_v1

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:08 am

Empyre wrote:I was wanting to adjust the sparsity of rails from A_RailAttack. However, I just tried it without that, and it looks alright.

Here's a first draft of my class, with all the weapons greatly tuned down versions of my opweapons, as close as I could get to normal weapons' damage, and it works in 2.1.2.

WeaponHacker_v1
I don't seem to be able to pick your class when I run this pk3.

Erma
Forum Regular

Post by Erma » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:19 am

I'm interested in making a class for this. Is there a certain class limit or can you submit as many as you want?

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:51 am

Catastrophe wrote: I don't seem to be able to pick your class when I run this pk3.
The class is defined as the only class in the keyconf, so you are just automatically that class when you load my pk3 by itself for testing. I, or you, can remove clearplayerclasses from the keyconf lump if you don't want it there. Of course, the final project will have more than one class, so then you will need to choose a class. To incorporate my class into the project, you only need to copy the weaponhacker folder, the #include lines in the decorate lump, and copy the one line in the sndinfo lump into the project's sndinfo lump. You probably will already have actors that make the weapons not appear, like the ones I included in the decorate lump. I probably just told you a bunch of stuff that you already knew.

I plan to provide gldefs and decaldefs for my weapons in v2, along with tweaks based on your feedback. BTW, all my weapons here have alt-fires.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 am

Erma wrote:I'm interested in making a class for this. Is there a certain class limit or can you submit as many as you want?
As many as you want
Empyre wrote:
Catastrophe wrote: I don't seem to be able to pick your class when I run this pk3.
The class is defined as the only class in the keyconf, so you are just automatically that class when you load my pk3 by itself for testing. I, or you, can remove clearplayerclasses from the keyconf lump if you don't want it there. Of course, the final project will have more than one class, so then you will need to choose a class. To incorporate my class into the project, you only need to copy the weaponhacker folder, the #include lines in the decorate lump, and copy the one line in the sndinfo lump into the project's sndinfo lump. You probably will already have actors that make the weapons not appear, like the ones I included in the decorate lump. I probably just told you a bunch of stuff that you already knew.

I plan to provide gldefs and decaldefs for my weapons in v2, along with tweaks based on your feedback. BTW, all my weapons here have alt-fires.
Oh, I get it now lol. Got it and added to OP.

Erma
Forum Regular

Post by Erma » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:12 am

Hello Catastrophe!

I've already made a class for this, took me a couple of hours to make and I hope this fits within the rules and/or expected results.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g7qw5szxbdg1cdk

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:27 am

Erma wrote:Hello Catastrophe!

I've already made a class for this, took me a couple of hours to make and I hope this fits within the rules and/or expected results.

https://www.mediafire.com/?g7qw5szxbdg1cdk
Nice, added to OP.

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:42 pm

So are you asking for a class like in GvH? Just a player class and some weapons?
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Zanieon
Forum Regular

Post by Zanieon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:39 pm

Hmm, interesting community project, after release HM V2.9 i will try to get an class for this one.

Since "all resources are allowed", is this counting 3D Models as well? Because if not, i have no problems in baking sprites from the class i'm going to contribute (inb4whydon'tyouincludebothsowhoplaysinOGLseethemodelandwhoplaysinSoftseethesprite?)

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:01 pm

Ivan wrote:So are you asking for a class like in GvH? Just a player class and some weapons?
Ivan, literally anything. Though as a preference, classes that have abilities and weapons like in GvH are cooler IMO.
Zanieon wrote:Hmm, interesting community project, after release HM V2.9 i will try to get an class for this one.

Since "all resources are allowed", is this counting 3D Models as well? Because if not, i have no problems in baking sprites from the class i'm going to contribute (inb4whydon'tyouincludebothsowhoplaysinOGLseethemodelandwhoplaysinSoftseethesprite?)
As long as you make it so software users can also see them, then it is fine.

Empyre
Zandrone

Post by Empyre » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Zanieon wrote:Hmm, interesting community project, after release HM V2.9 i will try to get an class for this one.

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great to have 3D models for GL mode and also sprites for software mode.

Catastrophe

Post by Catastrophe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Empyre wrote:

I don't know if this is possible, but it would be great to have 3D models for GL mode and also sprites for software mode.
All Out War does this with their mechs, so I don't see why not.