[FINAL] zSRB2 - Sonic Robo Blast 2 for Zandronum [Major Overhaul]

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Combinebobnt
Retired Staff / Community Team Member

[FINAL] Re: zSRB2 - Sonic Robo Blast 2 for Zandronum.

Post by Combinebobnt » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:23 pm

wow ur fast, nice. it was mostly cuz anytime someone was shot in dm they just run away and grab more rings = unkillable. the only frags that happened were when someone went afk lol.

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:12 pm

You should bind a key for the new Scoreboard in options, zSRB2 uses it's own Scoreboard, Damn I Should make that clear :v
EDIT : done :)
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:20 pm

oops, sorry for not posting recent changes :
  • Added "Teleport Monitor" (Requires at least 2 Players to work), Their function is known, swap 2 Random Ingame players locations, Telefrags the destinator if sv_unblockplayers is "false" (:v), and added a chance to get Teleport Monitor from Random Monitor.
  • Respawning Monitors, 30 Seconds for all Monitors types if sv_itemrespawn is "true".
  • Player Sprite Disappears & Re-appears after getting hurt.
  • Fixed Scores not working online.
  • Added Spindash and Thok trails.
  • Players now drop flags and get hurt instead of getting Insta killed (unless they have shields).
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

sirshootsalot
New User

Post by sirshootsalot » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 pm

Will singleplayer maps be ported too or is it multiplayer only

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:53 pm

ZDoom is too limited for this, Hundereds of 3D Floor types, Linedef types and Sector types aren't supported, Can't even recreate those with ACS or anything, sorry but Multiplayer modes are the boundaries of the game, at least until ZDoom adds the ability to change player height and Custom water physics then i MIGHT port few Singleplayer levels.

If you're wondering how did I manage to make water physics with drowning in Tidal Palace level, then that's because it's the only level in which you can easily get away with low gravity and drowning trick.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

sirshootsalot
New User

Post by sirshootsalot » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:59 pm

LordOZ_98 wrote:ZDoom is too limited for this, Hundereds of 3D Floor types, Linedef types and Sector types aren't supported, Can't even recreate those with ACS or anything, sorry but Multiplayer modes are the boundaries of the game, at least until ZDoom adds the ability to change player height and Custom water physics then i MIGHT port few Singleplayer levels.

If you're wondering how did I manage to make water physics with drowning in Tidal Palace level, then that's because it's the only level in which you can easily get away with low gravity and drowning trick.
Understood

fiorello1

Post by fiorello1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:57 am

Just remembered how hard it was...
FIRE AURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:14 pm

The controls are much worse on zSRB2 lol.
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98

LordOZ_98

Post by LordOZ_98 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:06 pm

It's Been over a year, but an update at last, been working on this in and out and I only finished it recently, I received some help from the folks at ZDoom forums, greatly appreciated, so what is changed? almost everything:
  • Added an F1 tips screen to give payer non familiar with the game tips on how to play.
  • Proper SRB2 sector effects recreated, water, Quicksand, lava, Zoom Tubes ... etc, yes water is no longer just a non solid 3D Floor and should act similar to how it does in SRB2.
  • Weapon switching and firing speeds adjusted to be similar to their original counterparts.
  • Added Spin Roll.
  • Momentum based water burst, that pushes you upwards when you get out of water based on your current Z Momentum.
  • Momentum based bouncing physics, previously they were tic based which led to some weird bugs, this should no longer happen.
  • Finished porting every Match, Race and CTF level. they all play just like they would in the original game, with proper water, lava and sand sectors ... etc
  • Air Fan, Rain and Snow spawners should no longer cause the FPS to drop like crazy.
  • Hundereds of bugs fixed, I don't even remember how many.
  • Overall better control and movement handling, this should help make the movement feels way less slippery.
  • Every existing feature has been either improved or completely replaced with new ones that functions much better.
  • The Scoreboard was apparently messed up and didn't sortplayers properly, sometimes even failed to show up, I have solved this by giving the scoreboard it's own key binding, this should let you toggle it on / off manually.
  • Dropped rings can now bounce.
Link updated in the OP, I hope I'm done with this, enjoy :)
Kind Regards
- LordOZ_98