[BETA7] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic and Hexen

Maps, modifications, add-ons, projects, and other releases for Zandronum. Also includes announcers.
Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Re: [BETA5] Q (Quake weapons and items)

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:32 am

Fffff, this doesn't happen in GZDoom, which is what I test with...

Edit: With some testing, I found the problem. The rail heights are different between Zandronum 3.0 and ZDoom 2.8.1
Changing the AttackZOffset on the player has seemed to make this effect very noticeable.
There isn't much I can do without either making a zandronum patch, which I want to avoid, or resetting the AttackZOffset on the player back to default again...
If I try to edit the vertical offset of the rails themselves, they'll appear too low in ZDoom.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:06 pm

Red key blue light.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Second Red key.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
The numbering of the weapon does not correspond to the original doom. As a result, instead BFG is Rocketlauncher or instead Plasmagun is Nailgun and Ammo Cells. In this case with the balance are all right?
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm

1: FFFFFFFF

2: Dammit, only one sprite I forgot to rename correctly

3: Yea, balance. All because Doom has 1 Rocket weapon and 2 Cell weapons and Quake has 1 Cell weapon and 2 Rocket weapons. Also Doom1 only has one Shell weapon too.
This is the best I could get without getting too complex. I really don't want to add radius checks to weapons to make them spawn the appropriate ammo, but I will if I have to.
Also, if I make the BFG drop the Thunderbolt instead of the Rocket Launcher, I'll have to figure out what'll replace the Chainsaw... It's already bad enough I added a custom weapon just to balance out the cells you get early on.
This mod was more designed for Heretic and Hexen in mind. They both are practically perfect.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:38 am

New Update
Beta 6 Changes
  • Messed with the particles a little more, mainly fixing some colors.
  • Fixed red key card giving off blue light
  • Fixed red skull key being a complete failure at life
  • Tweaked lights a bunch more.
    • Smoother transitions
    • Fixed a few oversized lights
    • Increased flicker rate
    • Flicker strength no longer as intense
    • Added subtle lights to the large Shell and Nail boxes
    • Increased brightness of Health lights a little
    • Key and Powerup lights are closer to their texture colors
  • Increased teleport and item fog particle count
  • Made the teleport effect that replaces SpawnFire black and give off black light as well as the item fog effect, creating a unique effect.
  • Decreased item size by 10%, makes them look barely smaller than vanilla item hitboxes.
  • Added better detection for non coop/sp gametypes. However, ZDoom will print an error to console/chat as a function it doesn't know (or even has blanked like the others) which is designed for Zandronum. Usually happens once per item that checks when a map starts.
  • Reduced Thunderbolt lightning sprite density

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Re: [BETA6] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife

Post by Dark-Assassin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:58 am

bump
Spoiler: Classes? (Open)
Screenshot 2017-02-28 14.35.33.gif
Screenshot 2017-02-28 14.35.34.gif
Screenshot 2017-02-28 14.35.35.gif
Also, I'll be changing the ammo and health models too. Still quake like, but are not just cubes. I'd still rather use some modified vanilla ones I have for Quake, but I have no idea how to convert them from bsp to md2.
A few other models and textures are also getting a few updates. Backpacks are color coded too. And finally I'll be changing the Laser Rifle model, once I get it animated and positioned correctly. I still didn't make any of the models though, except for the cube objects in beta 6 and earlier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Re: [BETA6] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic, Hexen and Strife

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:36 am

New Update
Beta 7 Changes
  • Changed map checks to check for map lump names instead
  • Added particle registering and limits. The limit is defined by the cvar r_maxparticles.
  • Changed all particle scaling and fading to ACS
  • Added older GZTilt by Nash, but with edits to allow death tilts too (Doesn't do anything in Zandronum)
  • Particles will now scale and fade out properly according to their ReactionTime regardless of type
  • Smoke particles will start at half scale and end at double scale
  • Added blast like sprites from Quake 3 for things like puff sparks, blood and projectile explosions
  • Added the explosion sprite from Quake 3 for all explosions
  • Explosions on floor and ceiling will direct their particles accordingly
  • Reduced particles from the Teleport effect
  • Removed hacky glowmaps from models, dynamic lights do enough for now
  • Changed all ammo box models to ones from Arcane Dimensions Quake mod, tweaked textures though
  • Added various backpack textures for different types of ammo from AD
  • Changed ammo give to match the ammo shown on the boxes (Some more, some less)
  • Doubled starting Shell and Nail ammo maximums to vanilla Quake, but large backpack still doubles that
  • Increased scale of the large backpack full of ammo
  • Restored Yellow Armor back from Blue Armor
  • Explosive box textures tweaked, increased delay before explosion, models show expanding animation before blowing, models show bottom of box left over from explosion, can respawn after 60 seconds now
  • Restored player radius to Doom defaults
  • Added 2 other player classes, but they are just pretty much skins. They don't feature nearly as much sounds.
  • Tweaked the Enemy Player actor a bit
  • Doubled all damage from weapons, but halved that damage done to players to keep the DM balance
  • Removed the slight random damages from all projectiles
  • Overhauled the Grenade's code to use variables instead of inventory
  • Increased Laser Rifle's attack speed by 2 tics
  • Added visual ricocheted nails when they spark against a surface, will last for 60 seconds before disappearing
  • Removed Small and Homing rockets as they were unused
  • Added visual ejected shells to Shotgun and Super Shotgun, will disappear after 60 seconds.
  • Changed Shotgun and SuperShotgun to fire fast projectiles rather than hitscan, much like in AD but faster
  • Made the Thunderbolt's flash state play the animation in a random order instead of in order
  • Reduced Thunderbolt's hit particles
  • Made Thunderbolt play it's lightning sound twice as often
  • Overhauled HUD code. Powerups and keys will now align to a side with no gaps, includes Hexen and Strife keys but they display just above it. Had to write a script to output the sbarinfo code for that.
  • Halved the particle sprite resolution
  • Replaced Health, Explosive Box, Ammo, Invisibility, keys and rune models to ones from AD and ripped sprites accordingly
  • Increased detail on Spike models
  • Replaced a few weapon pickup models to ones from AD
  • Replaced the Laser Rifle model and sprites to a recoloured Plasma Rifle from AD
  • Added soft land sound from Unreal. Other land sounds will still play.
  • Adjusted a bunch of sprite offsets
  • Removed some sprite frames and rotations and added them back using textures
  • Removed decaldef and made projectiles use vanilla decal definitions directly
  • Tweaked Dynamic Lights more
  • Separated modeldef files
  • Separated textures files
  • Added models and particles for all Doom and Skulltag Monster projectiles. Heretic and Hexen only has the particles.
  • All monster projectile sizes are halved and damage unrandomised. They also add a tiny bit of inaccuracy when fired.
  • Made Shotgunguy and Super Shotgunguy fire the Shotgun projectiles instead of hitscan with half the speed. Can now be dodged at a distance, but are still deadly.
  • Made Doom's RocketAmmo drop Cells instead of Rockets
  • Made Doom's CellAmmo drop Rockets instead of Cells
  • Made Doom's RocketLauncher drop the Super Nailgun instead of the Grenade Launcher
  • Made Doom's PlasmaRifle drop the Grenade Launcher instead of the Super Nailgun
  • Added Heretic and Hexen specific Item textures and models from AD, such as boxes being wood, health being oversized potions and explosive boxes being TNT
  • Removed all health changes from monsters as overall weapon damage was doubled.
  • Removed a few items from Skulltag's Random Powerup
  • Made Skulltag's Minigun drop the Super Shotgun instead of the Super Nailgun
  • Made Skulltag's Railgun drop the Rocket Launcher instead of the Thunderbolt
  • Made Skulltag's Grenade Launcher drop the Super Nailgun instead of the Rocket Launcher
  • Removed Strife support for now as it needs a lot of work
  • Possibly a few minor things I missed. I just compared most of the files.
Download Beta 6

Patches For Zandronum and ZDoom older than 2.8.1
Doom Patch
Heretic Patch
Hexen Patch
Skulltag Patch

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Re: [BETA7] Q - Quake stuff for Doom, Heretic and Hexen

Post by Doomenator » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:59 am

With a specific set of add-ons i have a lag even on standard maps. But not it seems that mod has become more advanced in the graphics. With the six version all fine.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:34 am

I'd need to know your very specific addons. The only thing that slows my PC down is an extreme amount of particles >2000, hence I have r_maxparticles set to that. They use more resources than the native ones as they are actors and have an ACS script attached to each and a few other ACS checks.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Something like this:
[spoiler]SkyboxesHeretic.pk3
SoundFootSteps.pk3
HQDoomSounds.pk3
HQDoomMenu.pk3
qsounds.pk3
q_beta7.pk7
q_doom_b7.pk7
hpbar-v11.pk3
WarpAnimations.pk3
DarkTexturesGldefs.pk3
ketchuptest4_editedv3.pk3
Monster Pack Base (v3).pk3
q_mindgrid_audio_sound.pk7
wrathofcronosdoomtex1_8a.wad
megaeffectmod-torchdemo.pk3
MusicDarkAmbient.pk3[/spoiler]Nothing special in this set. Number of particles 100.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:49 am

The problem is not even with supplements. I unloaded all addons. Mod lag by itself. But on the sixth version is no problem.

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:33 am

I'd have no idea why as I don't notice any performance changes on my PC, which doesn't help at all.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:13 am

You just overestimate the capabilities of the engine. Adding new things increases the likelihood of lag. In any case, I'm not going to upgrade the computer for this. :D
I noticed that most lag when I use the shocker.

Bugs:
If you throw a shocker it turned into the mega health.
Some new models look like this.
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

Ivan
Addicted to Zandronum

Post by Ivan » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:26 am

Doomenator wrote:You just overestimate the capabilities of the engine. Adding new things increases the likelihood of lag. In any case, I'm not going to upgrade the computer for this. :D
I noticed that most lag when I use the shocker.

Bugs:
If you throw a shocker it turned into the mega health.
Some new models look like this.
[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]
Nice items those are made in China that's why they are broken and empty inside... Cheap export though.
=== RAGNAROK DM ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== ALWAYS BET ON ... uh... dead forever? ===
=== Who wanta sum wang? ===
=== Death and Decay - A new Monster/Weapon replacer ===

Dark-Assassin
Maintenence Crew

Post by Dark-Assassin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:13 am

I never overestimated. Nothing is done with hacks. I literally have no idea what would cause it, so I cannot fix it.
Try disabling models (gl_use_models false) and disabling particles (r_particles false). Also, try in GZDoom in 1.8.6 and any version above.

1: That's to prevent getting it on the first few maps as it replaces the chainsaw. Just use give instead if you want it. Backpack also drops the NailGun too because of stupid Plutonia not making it accessible at the start of the map.
Really though, my main focus is specifically Heretic and Hexen. Doom can't be as well balanced with Quake's stuff.
2: That seems to be a rendering bug with Zandronum and the accompanying GZDoom version, and does not happen with the later GZDoom versions.

Doomenator
Forum Regular

Post by Doomenator » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:43 pm

Dark-Assassin wrote:I never overestimated...
Well, of course. That's why you add extra sprites, shells, tilt bug etc.
Disabling models and disabling particles does not help. GZDoom 2.2.0 the same shit. I think the problem is not in the graphics.
Further testing does not make sense for me, i will use the sixth version.
[spoiler]
phpBB [media]
[/spoiler]