(AKA DOOM(4) for d-Touch)
By DBThanatos & Michaelis
Join our discord here
2.0 Trailer and Release Date
What is this?
A mod for Doom2 with the weapons, monsters and some mechanics from DOOM(4).
This mod was made with three things in mind:
a) To be compatible with D-Touch (android port of gzdoom)
b) To be as straight forward as possible (as opossed to my previous project D4D, which had very granular configurations for many things)
c) To match the gameplay style I enjoy playing: Run and gun. Don't stop.
If what you seek is a fun and balanced d-touch compatible DOOM(4)-based mod, then look no further, for we have what you want.
What to expect?
- Most of the DOOM(4) weapons, weapon modifications included.
- DOOM(4)-ish monsters. Some similar even in looks, others changed completely.
- Several useful (grenade) equipments.
- Challenging, yet fair gameplay.
- Glory kill and Double Jump are in (no ledge grabbing).
- Too many skills, for playing on a phone, play normal or super hard (for the masochists).
- D-Touch compatible! Rip and Tear on the go!
- Optimized for non-state-of-the-art mobile processors.
- GZdoom 1.8.6 compatible.
- GZdoom 2.2 compatible.
- Zandronum Alpha 3.0 compatible.
- Coop compatible.
- Deathmatch compatible (and rebalanced for this mode).
Download v18.104.22.168 here
Spoiler: Changelog (Open)Changelog
* Fixed issue where weapons in SP/COOP could not be picked under certain circumstances
even when you weren't full on ammo for that weapon
* Fixed chainsaw being invisible in deathmatch
* Fixed lightninggun wrongly showing bullet puff in deathmatch
* Zandronum bots are able to use weapon's alt fires now
* Zandronum bots can jump and double jump now
* Added wallhack targetting to DM power weapons
* Added quad damage, haste and regen powerups to SP and DM
* Demon runes in DM will not appear unless there's 4 or more players in the map
Quality of life
* Coop projectiles go through players
* Coop players go through other players, too, and don't telefrag (except on spawning)
* Added better grenade launcher sprites
* Added "Allow Jump/Crouch/Freelook" shortcuts
* Added "Sprite clippin" shortcut
* Renamed custom sprites to avoid conflicts with certain wads
* Adjusted some visual "size scale" of demons to better represent their capabilities
* Added visual cue for when you take damage while still having armor
* Rebalanced rocket launcher
* Rebalanced DM grenade launcher
* Changed balance of some SP and all DM demon runes
* Adjusted DM demon rune rarities
* DM arachnotron alt fire completely changed: now it enters in turret mode,
making it harder to kill, but completely immobile. Projectiles in this mode
have slight seeking capabilities
* Changed general behavior of kinetic mine, to be proximity based rather
than tripwire based
* SP kinetic mines time out after a while
* Kinetic mines can now be placed in ceilings
* Explosive barrels have been buffed
* Siege Shot costs more ammo
* Fixed cyberdemon laser attack not piercing shield wall
* Changed completionist rewards
* Rebalanced chainsaw pinata execution ammo
* Fixed some issues about picking-but-not-picking weapons in net games, causing
weapons to respawn when they shouldnt
* Fixed DM grenade launcher gas grenade insta killing player demons
* Personal Teleporter respects z position of the beacon
* Personal Teleporter no longer vanishes if it hits the sky limit
* Fixed pinky demon "hoping" visual issue
* Fixed doom1 incompatibility
* Fixed titlemap lag in weak processors
* Fixed revenant rocket barrage lag in weak processors
* Improved failed glory kill behavior
* Fixed typo in menudef
* Fixed bad frames in gauss cannon explosion
* Added missing BFG ball decal
* Changed barrel explo sound
And another thousand tweaks that I couldn't keep track of.
* Partially fixed HUD gas and caco stains lasting until next live in MP. For some reason
zandro refuses to clean them all, while gzdoom works just fine.